What's new

Delhi students’ Valentine's Day mission: Beat moral cops

Koovie

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
NEW DELHI: It looks like Delhi's student community has decided to stand united against moral policing what with Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha threatening to hold forced marriages for twosomes and 'shuddhikaran' rituals for inter-religious couples seen in public on V-Day.

Another outfit, Hindu Sena, has, meanwhile, declared that it will "definitely solemnize at least a couple of marriages if people are found celebrating Valentine's Day in parks and public places".

Various student groups will voice their dissent through protests against moral policing on Valentine's Day. Jawaharlal Nehru University Students' Union is organizing one such protest in front of the Hindu Mahasabha office. The Democratic Students' Forum, too, has written an open letter to the Hindu Mahasabha president.

Meanwhile, National Students' Union of India organized a 'love parade' in North Campus, Delhi University, on Friday to celebrate the spirit of love and unity. Students joined it in large numbers. Right-wing student group Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad has, however, distanced itself from the matter, saying it's focusing on other, "more important", issues.

Meanwhile, Ashutosh, president of JNUSU, said, "From ghar wapsi campaigns to Good Governance Day on Christmas, all such moves by the Modi government have faced a robust democratic resistance in JNU. This time, too, the Hindu Mahasabha's atrocious attempts at communal and patriarchal moral policing on February 14 must be strongly resisted."

However, his opponents are not to be easily discouraged. "Our volunteers will be there at malls and parks. At each location, there will be two pandits to solemnize marriages. We are not against love; we are against western culture like observance of Valentine's Day. Pyar kiya toh darna kya? We will definitely get a couple or two married," Vishnu Gupta of Hindu Sena said. Some of the spots to be manned include Central Park and Lodhi Garden.

NSUI on Friday organized a 'Love Parade' attended by hundreds of students from various colleges. Volunteers distributed chocolates and roses to everyone. Students and couples stepped forward to sing songs and spread the message of love. The parade was followed by a street play. NSUI national president Roji M John was present.

Terming it a "trivial issue", Rohit Chahal of ABVP said, "We are not bothered by such matters. We want to fight for students' issues in DU like accommodation and discrimination against NE students."

Delhi students’ Valentine's Day mission: Beat moral cops - The Times of India

Good initiative !

Letting those terrorists roam around freely is not only ridiculous, but also a threat to the very basic principles of a nation: The rule of law! And not the "rule" of a bunch of losers who see themselves as "protectors" of so called "Indian values"

Another outfit, Hindu Sena, has, meanwhile, declared that it will "definitely solemnize at least a couple of marriages if people are found celebrating Valentine's Day in parks and public places

well it is not a bad thing no body wants their kids to go around in parks and meet strangers you can get marriage and legitimize this relationship ....i am not against this stance ...

NEW DELHI: It looks like Delhi's student community has decided to stand united against moral policing what with Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha threatening to hold forced marriages for twosomes and 'shuddhikaran' rituals for inter-religious couples seen in public on V-Day.

Another outfit, Hindu Sena, has, meanwhile, declared that it will "definitely solemnize at least a couple of marriages if people are found celebrating Valentine's Day in parks and public places".

Various student groups will voice their dissent through protests against moral policing on Valentine's Day. Jawaharlal Nehru University Students' Union is organizing one such protest in front of the Hindu Mahasabha office. The Democratic Students' Forum, too, has written an open letter to the Hindu Mahasabha president.

Meanwhile, National Students' Union of India organized a 'love parade' in North Campus, Delhi University, on Friday to celebrate the spirit of love and unity. Students joined it in large numbers. Right-wing student group Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad has, however, distanced itself from the matter, saying it's focusing on other, "more important", issues.

Meanwhile, Ashutosh, president of JNUSU, said, "From ghar wapsi campaigns to Good Governance Day on Christmas, all such moves by the Modi government have faced a robust democratic resistance in JNU. This time, too, the Hindu Mahasabha's atrocious attempts at communal and patriarchal moral policing on February 14 must be strongly resisted."

However, his opponents are not to be easily discouraged. "Our volunteers will be there at malls and parks. At each location, there will be two pandits to solemnize marriages. We are not against love; we are against western culture like observance of Valentine's Day. Pyar kiya toh darna kya? We will definitely get a couple or two married," Vishnu Gupta of Hindu Sena said. Some of the spots to be manned include Central Park and Lodhi Garden.

NSUI on Friday organized a 'Love Parade' attended by hundreds of students from various colleges. Volunteers distributed chocolates and roses to everyone. Students and couples stepped forward to sing songs and spread the message of love. The parade was followed by a street play. NSUI national president Roji M John was present.

Terming it a "trivial issue", Rohit Chahal of ABVP said, "We are not bothered by such matters. We want to fight for students' issues in DU like accommodation and discrimination against NE students."

Delhi students’ Valentine's Day mission: Beat moral cops - The Times of India

Good initiative !

Letting those terrorists roam around freely is not only ridiculous, but also a threat to the very basic principles of a nation: The rule of law! And not the "rule" of a bunch of losers who see themselves as "protectors" of so called "Indian values"

Yes, valentine day should be celebrated by marrying vidharmi girls to Hindu boy.

And mind your words. They are not terrorist. In india coward secularist have no guts to tell terrorist a terrorist who declare 51 crore Rs prize for the killer of Charlie Hebdo so they show their bravery by calling RSS and Hindu organizations terrorist because they know that they are the people who will tolerate them and do not issue the fatwa to eradicate them.

well it is not a bad thing no body wants their kids to go around in parks and meet strangers you can get marriage and legitimize this relationship ....i am not against this stance ...

Sorry but this is not Afghanistan. If two lovers cant meet each other because of retards like those fundamentalists who think that they can make their own laws and enforce them, we can as well just piss on our constitution and throw it away.

lol JNU..I read an article on this couple days ago, apparently they were planning to take inter religious/inter cast and even gay/lesbian couples and they're all going to kiss and celebrate valentine's day in front of the hindu mahasabha office :rofl::rofl:

Yes, valentine day should be celebrated by marrying vidharmi girls to Hindu boy.

And mind your words. They are not terrorist. In india coward secularist have no guts to tell terrorist a terrorist who declare 51 crore Rs prize for the killer of Charlie Hebdo so they show their bravery by calling RSS and Hindu organizations terrorist because they know that they are the people who will tolerate them and do not issue the fatwa to eradicate them.

Another chaddi clown ...

You idiots are unlawfully intimidating people to do what they are entitled to do by law... so it makes you terrorists.

Now go back crying over it.

apparently they were planning to take inter religious/inter cast and even...

Is there something wrong in interrelgious or inter cast relationships?

1. (n.) One who believes wrongly; one who holds a false religion.

Saffron chaddi on a roll.

Actually vellentine was a priest who used to gift flowers to people . Now the students, whose age is to learn and build the career are kisses and flurts. They are wasting their precious time. They are geeting ruined. I would rather like to called a radical or fundamentalist rather than supporting those children who do not know that they are ruining themselves. Most of these type of children will become useless. They will be unfit to grasp any complecated concept of their study or shall be fit enough to do any hard work. They shall be a burden on the country.

Is there something wrong in interrelgious or inter cast relationships?
nope, nothing wrong with gays either, to each their own/live and let live I say

I just found the thing hilarious, here.. found it:

The Jawaharlal Nehru University Students' Union on Friday wrote an open letter to the Hindu Mahasabha, which has asked Indian youth to boycott Valentine's Day and threatened to marry off the couples they spot in the open.
The letter, authored by council members of the JNUSU and other "concerned lovers" dares the right-wing group to marry an inter-caste couple and gays. "Will you marry a boy to a boy he likes, or a girl to a girl? Will you acknowledge their love for each other, repeal section 377?" it asks.

The students have also planned an agitation on February 14 at the offices of the Hindu Mahasabha. "For further clarifications, we will be reaching your Delhi office on the 14th of February. With us will be a boy who is gay and holds his boyfriend's hand with love and affection. There will be a Dalit boy too, with his upper caste lover," the leter says.

Here is the full text of the letter:

To the National President, Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha

Dear Chandra Prakash Ji,

It has come to our notice that you and your self-appointed brigade of protectors of 'Bharatiya Sanskriti' have openly vowed to undertake a massive programme on the 14th of February where you promise to marry off anyone who openly expresses their love, whether on the streets or on Facebook. Since you have taken on this gigantic task of marrying so many people on a single day, we would like you to answer some questions that have 'unnaturally' crept into our heads as a result of 'westernization'.

Will you marry a boy to a boy he likes, or a girl to a girl? Will you acknowledge their love for each other, repeal section 377? Or will you send them to jail or Baba Ramdev?

Will you allow a Dalit boy to express his love for a Brahmin girl or will you perform 'shuddhikaran' before marrying them off? What will you do with the upper caste brothers in Tamil Nadu who poured acid on their sister's face and hanged her for falling in love with a Dalit boy? Would you go against the diktats of the Khap Panchayats and let lovers from same gotra marry each other?

And what if a Muslim boy and a Hindu girl fall in love? Would that not be blasphemous and a case of 'love jihad', how would you marry them off? Or a Christian man and a Hindu girl? Will you first perform 'Ghar Wapsi' and then marry them, or will the 'honour' of the community stop you? Also, please let us know, have you made arrangements for nikah too?

What will you do when hands are held by force, bodies are touched with coercion and persons are sexually assaulted and violently penetrated in the name of love?

These are just some of the questions that we have for you. For further clarifications, we will be reaching your Delhi office on the 14th of February. With us will be a boy who is gay and holds his boyfriend's hand with love and affection. There will be a Dalit boy too, with his upper caste lover. And of course, some Hindu-Muslim lovers. Finally, there would also be those who have been shamed and ostracized in the name of Indian traditions of love and honour, but are still alive and fighting.

And in the words of Bhagat Singh, whose honour you mock by taking his name, love for us 'is nothing BUT PASSION, not an animal passion but a human one, and very sweet too'.

Thank you,

Pratim Ghosal, Fayaz Ahmed, Riya Raj, Sarika Chaudhary (Students of Jawaharlal Nehru University, Council members of the JNUSU and concerned lovers.)

Valentine's Day: Will you hold inter-caste, gay weddings, JNU students ask Hindu Mahasabha : India, News - India Today

1. (n.) One who believes wrongly; one who holds a false religion.

Saffron chaddi on a roll.

Fine .

Teach this to your children and if you do not have them than teach this to your younger sister and brother. No need to listen to Chaddi.

Sorry but this is not Afghanistan. If two lovers cant meet each other because of retards like those fundamentalists who think that they can make their own laws and enforce them, we can as well just piss on our constitution and throw it away.

it is not about Afghanistan when you are younger you would think that why they would do that to us .. but when you are mature and you have your daughter will you allow her to go out and stay in hotels with the one she loves ??? i would never support that kind of love it is not a love but lust my friend .........

Actually vellentine was a priest who used to gift flowers to people . Now the students, whose age is to learn and build the career are kisses and flurts. They are wasting their precious time. They are geeting ruined. I would rather like to called a radical or fundamentalist rather than supporting those children who do not know that they are ruining themselves. Most of these type of children will become useless. They will be unfit to grasp any complecated concept of their study or shall be fit enough to do any hard work. They shall be a burden on the country.

download (3).jpg

P.S: Learn to spell first .

Fine .

Teach this to your children and if you do not have them than teach this to your younger sister and brother. No need to listen to Chaddi.

I dnt have a sister.. have 4 younger brothers though.. as for teaching.. trust me .. il teach em much better things than what your parents taught you or your siblings.... virdharmi girls and other fukin bs...

View attachment 193109

P.S: Learn to spell first .

I dnt have a sister.. have 4 younger brothers though.. as for teaching.. trust me .. il teach em much better things than what your parents taught you or your siblings.... virdharmi girls and other fukin bs...

What your parrents taught you Is visible from your post. I have no sibbling. By the way why your a** got burn when I say a hindu boy should marry to a vidharmi girl. Show some charecter what you advocate for others.

the question is my friend when you are kiddooo you would think like i should do that why would they bann me , but if you are father to a daughter will you allow your daughter to leave the home and stay with lover for night ??? it is lusty ....

I myself dont believe in valentines day.. but who am i to stop you or others (who celebrate it)?

if i dnt agree .. than its i who needs to keep shut/not celebrate it.

Its not my friggin right to go on street n act like a fukin retarded moral police... or like your saffron chaddi buddy who talks not just about that but also "marrying hindu boys with "vidharmi" girls...

P.S: Valentines day is not just about "lust" or "sex" .. you can even wish it to your parents.. please clean that gutter of a mind that occupies your upper portion.

Back
Top Bottom