What's new

Details of India's 5th Gen AMCA Technology Demonstrator: NGTD

India will definitely make 5th gen in break neck speed coz
.tejas is already a semi-stealth 3rd gen aircraft

Two models displayed as stealth and non-stealth, although the airframes themselves are different:
DajmZYDXkAE_55T.jpg
DajmZXyWAAEehtz.jpg

The TD is similar to the airframe in stealth config, as can be deduced from different angles of the models:
Screenshot_2018-02-20-02-07-37.jpeg

5 th gen requires lot of R&D.....u can go and check the money we are spending.As i said ,wait till we are ready.At the moment we should focus on lca mk2 and mk1a.We simply lack the capability and especially the funds to anything more.Time will tell i was right if they go ahead with the plans.

The things we are trying require budget of 70-80 billion dollars.

Wrong completely wrong.

Indian space program is on par with the best In
The world bar USA competes on one tenth the budget.

The infrastructure is there to build combat prototypes for a fighter plane

Heck even Pakistan are claiming to be designing one ...what is there budget lol

After 30 years, there isnt even a sizable fleet of TEJAS.

Yet Indians cant wait to shows off its 5th generation model kit.

Looks like indians are giving Tamiya a run for its money in the kitting world.

SP2012.

After 30 years, there isnt even a sizable fleet of TEJAS.

Yet Indians cant wait to shows off its 5th generation model kit.

Looks like indians are giving Tamiya a run for its money in the kitting world.

SP2012.

I see improvement their mate. A few months ago the slogan was Indians don’t have a Tejas squadron. I am sure you will startover replacing Tejas with AMCA in the near future.

Looks very similar to Japanese F-3 demonstrator.
atd-x-shinshin-f-3-black-mil-avia.jpg

What will be the power plant?

F414, at least for TD and prototypes.
Then it could be F414, Kaveri, or a JV with RR etc.
It appears that it would be more cost effective for India to acquire extensive maintenance and spares manufacturing for F414 instead of moving with Kaveri.
Not only is it more powerful and proven, it will power both Tejas Mk-2 and the AMCA. If India goes for F-18s, it powers it too so from a logistics point of view engine commonality will increase operations.

Another Tejas in the making.
At least we reached here not by fluke. Lot of people contributed in its making through trials and tribulations.Just mocking our efforts show that you have long way to go in understanding what goes into making it happen. We built it to our capablity but yours is yet to be conceived.

Then it could be F414, Kaveri, or a JV with RR etc.[/QUOT

Then it could be F414, Kaveri, or a JV with RR etc.

Please stop thinking about kaveri......its dead.
At the best we should make some alterations for use in a drone just for the dry thrust.
All this talk of french help and all wont suffice,everything needs serious money.

India wanted an engine with 600 million dollars investment and that too for a country making first turbofan,lol.Are they smoking weed??I mean 600 million over a period of 10-15 years,possibly more.What sort of engine will u make spending 60 million a year,gullible people all of us to even believe this nonsense.French already offer more than 1 billion euro just to revive the project.

Russians are making newer generation izd 30 engine and one of the su-57 prototype is already flying with it.We should have invested there and used that engine to make a sinle engine larger fighter in future.
I would even suggest trying to reverse engineer the al-31 f atleast.We couldnt even do that and its 30 odd years old tech.Pathetic loudmouths.

HAL is capable of just mk1,mk1a at the moment.Forget a redesigned mk2 and amca.
And again the stupid air force brass has changed the requirements for the mk1a,for god's sake u ppl are flying shitty jaguars,mig-27 and mig-21 and u want the replacing aircraft to have 5 th generation capabilities.God save us.

Then there is news of air force floating tender for equipping 60 odd jagaurs with newer engines,possibly honeywell engine to replace the older rolls royce adour engines.Each engine will cost 6-7 million dollars.We already spent money on darin 3 upgrade of jaguars.Why the hell not buy more mki's directly from russians to replace these with more multirole jets?

HAL has made tejas a competitive small fighter to replace the old junk air force has currently,just focus on that rather than wasting time and money on useless things and last but not the least stop being motor mouths.

I am convinced there is too much corruption at the highest level as no level headed person can support this archaic policies of especially indian air force.Indian navy has done far far better in respect.

Kind of like the Shinshen? Dimensions are certainly similar.

When japanese cannot fund their fighter,who thinks indians can?
Stupid rhetoric,tired of these loudmouth HAL people leaking their wet dreams on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom