What's new

Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer

100 days is a small time to change the political outlook of a country , besides am confident of Rahul Gandhi and his speeches will help as well

Agree but still, in India who knows what happens. People dont even try to think little deep, why things happen. Some one just called me Zaid Hamid. We know Zaid Hamid is quite right in his thoughts, but because he speaks against India we have to counter.

he stopped singing :p:

He started posting in PDF :enjoy:

this is not a serious enough crime by any means,looks like the land of free marker doesn't want to give the maid the freedom to seek work on her own.

Perhaps the maid speaks no english and is from a village in AP and but for this diplomat offering her shelter,food and security,she cant manage to do shit on her own.

OMG,Mexicans jump aboard and do criminal stuff and get away and looks at this twisted tale,i find it too fishy.

I feel the diplomat has had to be involved in some other shit for getting caught for this small time thing.

this is not a serious enough crime by any means,looks like the land of free marker doesn't want to give the maid the freedom to seek work on her own.

Perhaps the maid speaks no english and is from a village in AP and but for this diplomat offering her shelter,food and security,she cant manage to do shit on her own.

OMG,Mexicans jump aboard and do criminal stuff and get away and looks at this twisted tale,i find it too fishy.

I feel the diplomat has had to be involved in some other shit for getting caught for this small time thing.

Possible, more possible is government framing her for vested interest and then protecting her. Her father is accused in Adarsh scam. Plus the police doesn't even touch you if you show them protocol IDs- This stunt has been planned and this cannot happen without insiders job.

Transfering her is an admission that she did NOT have immunity. If she did, why transfer her?

Simply to make sure that what ever the fallout may be now, she will not become the escape goat for US administration. She was the focal point and US administration had challenged her immunity as a dy. counselor so now by transferring her India has removed the ambiguity at least from US's point of view and US cannot prosecute her now.

You mean to say Raymond Davis was a saint? OR you mean to say rules are different for great USA and different for poor countries like India.

By the way, whatever you think, bottomline is India is not on payroll of USA. Period.

real bottom line is that america has examined the bottom line of a female indian diplomat and there is not much india will be able to do about it

This whole thing is so damn confusing. One thing for sure is that there is more to it than meets the eye. I feel it was an attempt to blackmail her and make her a spy for the USA.

real bottom line is that america has examined the bottom line of a female indian diplomat and there is not much india will be able to do about it

I have seen you post this line so much.

If i was a woman I would be worried hanging around you.

I don't get this. I see an outrage for the way she was treated though it is as per the procedures verified and published by Hindu. She has clearly bent the law(especially ridiculous if she is perceived as her representing the country) and clearly not entitled to immunity(else this thread wouldn't have existed) but she and her father are hiding behind representing India crap defense and everyone is going ballistic the way she was treated. The system here in US is tough but fair as seen and realized by even common person like me.

Why does she needs to be treated differently and that system compromised? Isn't it what many in India oppose wrt politicians' and elites' treatment?
mate then what would you say about the case involving an Indian student named Krittika Biswas who was wrongly framed of sending a hate e-mail to one of her faculties and was arrested right from her school itself!
Krittika Biswas: A series of unfortunate events | India Insight

WE are following your steps. When USA can make a murderer as embassy employee after he committed the crime.
LOL ,but really, elsewhere on yahoo. someone said that she was not a diplomat but a counselor staff and that she was never entitled to any privileges. Is that accurate? I did'nt foll w this new till very recently hence the ignorance.

LOL ,but really, elsewhere on yahoo. someone said that she was not a diplomat but a counselor staff and that she was never entitled to any privileges. Is that accurate? I did'nt foll w this new till very recently hence the ignorance.
Deputy counsel general: second in command for newyork consulate... and was acting counsel general in absence of the consul general..

They have already apologized to India. Pakistan is still waiting for an apology after they massacred 24 soldiers. Thats the difference.

That is all that India wanted, after the deed was done. It's not like we would have gone to war, even if we could.

Deputy counsel general: second in command for newyork consulate... and was acting counsel general in absence of the consul general..
So how could an american say that she was not a diplomat? How can there be any doubt? I am sure she had her credentials on her person .

So how could an american say that she was not a diplomat? How can there be any doubt? I am sure she had her credentials on her person .
There is a difference between embassy staff (diplomats) and consular staff (consuls). The embassy is headed by an ambassador, the consulates by a consular general. Both diplomats and consuls have diplomatic immunity - maybe total, maybe partial. The woman in question had partial diplomatic immunity, which means that she could be prosecuted by the host country, but there are some rules to follow before doing so. Informing the consular general, observing sensitivity etc. None of those courtesies were followed.

I think the vienna convention 1961: - Diplomatic Missions Diplomatic mission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vienna convention 1963 : Consular relations
Vienna Convention on Consular Relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Diplomatic missions are different from consular staff, thus the confusion (embassy vs consulate)

Back
Top Bottom