What's new

DHA Karachi bars entry of non-residents inside Phase IV’s Nisar Shaheed Park

They are pathans
And as they are Pakistani they can’t be treated differently
And people from all over pind from pakistan(including Urdu speaking) are at sea view munching on corn cobs & ice cream
Correct same problem is with Indo Bangladesh border.

We cant really make out whos really from Bengal... Or someone from across the border..

How can one differentiate between a Pathan from KPK and from Afghanistan... Thats the issue

As a former DHA Phase 2 resident - thank god!!!
Finally, the amount of harassment and abuse of the park facilities being done by non residents was out of control. It was such a quaint family park when it first began and at the end was becoming a den for mobile theft and other illicit activities

The reason behind it is the failure of LE - Clifton down to DHA police stations are hand in hand with the criminals. Those are under Sindh government

They are pathans
And as they are Pakistani they can’t be treated differently
And people from all over pind from pakistan(including Urdu speaking) are at sea view munching on corn cobs & ice cream
Yeah they can be treated differently.
Because their intent is "scent marking".

Unfortunate decision.

These extreme measures highlight how boring and mundane life has become in Pakistan.

Karachi’s Defence Housing Authority (DHA) on Friday barred entry of non-residents inside the Nisar Shaheed Park located in the locality’s Phase IV.

In a tweet from its official Twitter account, the DHA issued a number of procedures for entrance into the park, saying that they were aimed at ensuring a “smooth and enjoyable experience for all visitors”.

The entry guidelines listed by the authority said residents could only visit the park with their family members while individual entry was not permitted.

“Residents of DHA who wish to visit the park for a walk must be appropriately dressed in a sports kit, or at the very least, joggers paired with a shalwar kameez or pant shirt,” the DHA said.

It added that the entry of non-residents into the park was not allowed “with or without family”.

It must be noted that Nisar Shaheed Park is managed by the DHA.

When Dawn.com reached out to the DHA spokesperson Farrukh Rizvi for further details, he briefly replied that the decision was taken “in the best interest of the society’s residents”.

“Rest [of the] details will follow,” he added.

The DHA spokesperson also did not specify how the authority planned to filter residents from non-residents.

Mohammad Naveed, a resident of Karachi’s Saddar, objected to the authority’s decision. “I often used to take my children to the park on weekends. Why is the park suddenly being closed only for us? Are we any less of Pakistan’s citizens?” he asked.

Meanwhile, a lawyer Dawn.com talked to, who wished not to be named, said access to any public space could not be restricted and questioned how the authority planned on stopping non-residents from entering the park.

--------------------------------

DHA ko inhon nay Artillery mess bana dia hai, no entry without closed shoes and collared shirt :lol:
I think the illegal move will be defeated very soon and DHA will revert the notification. What they could have done is to limit the access, during certain hours, to families only.

But there is qabza mafia all over Karachi, not sure about other areas of Pakistan. In Karachi there are greenbelts, parks, amenity plots, private properties etc., which have been illegally occupied by influential who are above the law and nobody can touch them. And I am not even talking about Malik Riaz types either, I am talking about citizens belonging to a much lower echelon of influence but still enough to get away with all kinds of BS!

Karachi is in the grip of powerful beasts, most of them with roots from outside Karachi, who have full support of the Sindh Government.

How dare they enter DHA parks? Don't they realize they are considered untouchable? It's a commendable decision by the DHA administration. I would recommend that all cantonments should also adopt this approach and forbid the entry of such individuals into their upscale communities. After all, their mother only brought in money from her parents.

The snowflakes called General Asim Munir is emotionally so delicate and vulnerable that he should always be in adult supervision and under no circumstances let out in public without a psychologist holding his pinky.

Back
Top Bottom