What's new

Diaoyu Islands News and Updates

What's at stake? The sovereignty of Japan from an ever-assertive threat of Chinese domination. The Pacific should be peaceful but China want's an monopoly.

Really? How many times has China tried to invade Japan in the past 100 years? And vice-versa?

i dont think that china and japan(especially japan) would put up their economy at stake for these islands.
a land dispute would have been an other case.
You are wrong.

These tiny islands are in terms of strategic/military/economic very important. There is no sign that one party will back down. You should know Japan is already suffering under China´s economic war. That´s exactly what the Chinese want.

For instance, Japan needs the Senkakus for its EEZ´s claim. If you take them out, Japan territory will be smaller. See map below.

p7b.gif

eez_of_japan.png

Japan´s EEZ

You are wrong.

These tiny islands are in terms of strategic/military/economic very important. There is no sign that one party will back down. You should know Japan is already suffering under China´s economic war. That´s exactly what the Chinese want.

For instance, Japan needs the Senkakus for its EEZ´s claim. If you take them out, Japan territory will be smaller. See map below.

p7b.gif

eez_of_japan.png

Japan´s EEZ

thank u mate.

You are wrong.

p7b.gif

eez_of_japan.png

Japan´s EEZ
It's likely Japan afraid from China's territory claim that have it own EEZ on surrounding water of Island. (like in case of SCS that China claim over 80% SCS). So they will not allow China have it.

I post again the map since it went lost in previous post.

1009_2_1.jpg

Japan´s EEZ
(Source: website of Japan Coast Guard)

India guarded over Diaoyu dispute, but secretly favors Japan

e396fbfd-b1f8-4b7e-9118-529ddb156415.jpeg

The China-Japan dispute over the Diaoyu Islands seems to be moving nowhere.

The dispute has arrived at such a stage where finding a solution seems to be a difficult and distant enterprise. Besides, the US National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013, which specifies that the Diaoyu Islands are subject to the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan, has escalated the bilateral tensions.

The US doesn't want to grant any legitimacy to China over the Diaoyu Islands dispute, and therefore openly supports the current Japanese control over the islands and endorses its bilateral treaty with Japan over security matters.

Yet Beijing's claim that a war may break out if Japan seeks US support remains quite infantile.

True, the US-Japan understanding over security matters with regard to the islands has certainly made the issue more complicated. Yet, China must not lose its patience, and shouldn't overreact to the tense situation by threatening war.

Beijing can take a serious note that any aggressive stance over the island dispute will further escalate the tensions.

The current dispute needs more dialogue and engagement than anything else. Beijing must aim and plan for diplomatic efforts with Japan, which will make the dispute remain "bilateral" rather than become a regional or global issue.

China must take note of the fact that although the islands are currently under Japanese control, there is a wide acknowledgement of the Chinese claim at both the regional and international level.

If Beijing decides to carry out an attack against Japan, China would lose massive amounts of support, and it would fuel the "China threat" theory. Given China's troubled relations with neighboring Southeast Asian countries, Beijing must carefully articulate its view and claim, without really pushing hard for a war.

Beijing must also take note of the fact that a number of countries, including India, are watching the conflict seriously.

Given the rivalries in Asia, the dispute may encourage other regional powers to take an open stance over the issue. This will be an important development, given that other island disputes still persist between China and Southeast Asian countries.

In principle, India will restrict itself in taking any open stance or commenting much over the dispute.

Indeed, India's official stance is that the Diaoyu Islands dispute should be resolved "peacefully" between Japan and China. However, India's strategic and original posture over the issue is rather different from its officially stated views.

The predominant strategic view in India would like to see the dispute go in favor of Japan rather than China.

This is linked to the earlier Chinese reservation toward India's oil exploration in the South China Sea and, more importantly, the rising Indian interests in the neighboring Southeast Asian region.

Though New Delhi will refrain from taking any position, India still favors Japan.

This is primarily for two reasons. India-Japan relations are far better than India-China relations, and India doesn't want to lose Japan as a regional strategic ally by taking an "anti-Japan" stance.

China has been a problem for India and other Southeast Asian countries on the South China Sea issue. So India's pro-Japanese views can further endorse India's stake in the South China Sea, where Japan and Southeast Asian countries like Vietnam and the Philippines will back India and its interests in the region.

The island dispute is really a complicated matter, but it still remains a bilateral issue between China and Japan. China must think wisely and start a proper dialogue mechanism with Japan, to reduce tensions and try to find a solution.

India's principal stance is that the dispute should be kept a bilateral one, without interference from outside powers like the US, and can be ultimately resolved within the framework of international law.

The author is a research fellow at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi. opinion@globaltimes.com.cn

India guarded over Diaoyu dispute, but secretly favors Japan - Globaltimes.cn

No doubt about it, Indians strategists and politicians had bed pellow dream that the dispute on Japan's favor but what else can India do beside dream and keep silence. :azn: Same as Chinese strategists that favor Pakistan over Kashmir issue but our official statement is difference from what we have in mind :smokin:.

Yeah your official statement Is you will not interfare but what you have in mind is surrender or Mig-21 will bomb Beijing

Ok sorry for trolling

China & Japan are 2 mature nations they can solve them peacefully

Diaoyu is tricky dispute

According to International law both Japan and China are right.

India should abstain

no doubt about it.i dont find the article surprising.of course we have better relations with japan rather than china.

but of course,india will stay neutral.

This stance is double edge sword. We may earn man friends' confidence but loose China which shares border with us. Or, we can use this to ask China to support us in various regions and solve disputes in return of backing off from this.

Indian aggressive policy regarding SCS may have benefits but can equally or more disastrous.

Actually I was just about to do that. Going by his logic, Nanking should be the rape capital of the world. Still these morons shamelessly try to score brownie points of somebody being raped. Pathetic!
Actually I don't like that incident to be mentioned to beat these people. I have read a lot about it and its an open wound. Its same like when Pakistanis laugh on India and boast about 26/11.

Its same like they calling Bomb blasts and killing of innocent men, women and children as Jehad to liberate the disputed land.

I got why you are angry. They push us to limit by using Rape threads, banned topic threads.

Leave him. He will be dealt by mods (I hope so). Why get banned over one poster ?

Actually I don't like that incident to be mentioned to beat these people. I have read a lot about it and its an open wound. Its same like when Pakistanis laugh on India and boast about 26/11.

Its same like they calling Bomb blasts and killing of innocent men, women and children as Jehad to liberate the disputed land.

I got why you are angry. They push us to limit by using Rape threads, banned topic threads.

Leave him. He will be dealt by mods (I hope so). Why get banned over one poster ?

TY bro edited my post... got carried away. :meeting:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom