PICT0089-1.jpg
12022007414.jpg
cDb1U.jpg
dktra05.jpg
PICT0053.jpg
PICT0031.jpg
PICT0033-1.jpg
100_1294.jpg

If you guys are really interested in Dioramas, go for wargaming. This combines actual re-enactment of the battles fought in say WWII and building terrain and battelfields. A good start woul be to go to Flames of War (FoW) a New Zealeand based company with tons of books on rules and scenarios. They do wargaming in 1/100 scale.

If you are interested in 1/72 scale go for Rapid Fire rule books out of UK. They als ohave website.

The FoW website is a treasure trove of information on terrian, painting, scenarios, unit details, and modelling information.

I have during the course of my research also located some scenarios linked with the 65 and 71 wars between Inia nad Paksitan specially the Langowaal tank battle.

I am currently building up my 1/100 and 1/72 scale amies set in WWII - Normandy Invasion time zone, specially focused upon the British and the German Panzer Lehr and 21 Panzer Divsion and the 17th SS PAnzer Division. The Brits are based upon the 11th Guards Division.

I will try to post some pics from the website.

Most of the pics posted are in 1/32 or 1/35 scale good for Dioramas (Lot more detail and scratch building can be done). However, this scale is quite expensive on the pocket specailly when you want ot go for wargaming.

The best thing that I like about the wargaming bit is that you can enact the actual battles but with your own twist and tactics and manipulate the tactics to come out with a different result.

BTW AB are you still in Paksitan?

Antibody i wish for the first time if there was another button called amazing below, rather than thanks. I mean what knowledge u bring to PDF through your threads, like those aircrafts, missiles and all such hardware stuff i mean, kudos to you there is a treasure trove here. I am in love with this thread please go on, i never knew this kind of thing existed till now. Thank you for this.

dude!

awesome work, man! and great presentation too (with the background); your camera has a pretty good resolution

do you do it as hobby or professionally?

E9uKa.jpg
K9UMy.jpg
uA5Yr.jpg

MoaB9.jpg

dude!

awesome work, man! and great presentation too (with the background); your camera has a pretty good resolution

do you do it as hobby or professionally?

not mine-- i will be taking guidance by sir amir hussain regarding them-- he is a pro and can impart his experience in competing in international stages-- infact my attention from fighter kit to dioramas was changed after a talk by sir amir

this is one of the good hobbies i would like the teens to adopt if they can , so the aim of the thread is to spread awareness and get input from the pros

http://www.flickriver.com/groups/1142755@N25/pool/interesting/

Oh..i recognize this one.

This guy is exactly in the same posture in which once i was when we had to spend a night out in the open cold while we were recce-ing a new post in our North West Frontiers during Decembers.

Just add two huge boulders, one to the left and other to the right of this guy and then a smaller one behind his head, yes, that's it. i still remember it so clearly. The only difference was that there was a dead Taliban and an injured buddy feets away from me. i just lied there for the entire night in the same posture and when the sun came out, i have had not moved an inch! i thought it might be permanent (my shape) but then my school science class reminded me that we are warm blooded animals, and though it was snowing, it was not Siachen.

What a terrible night that was.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Wait, found one more difference, my hands/arms were not folded, rather were tucked in between my thighs.

Back
Top Bottom