What's new

Do Indians consider themselves Middle Eastern or Asian?

Indian Subcontinent is the Word(India,Nepal,Bangladesh,Srilanka,Bhutan). We See Middle East as Different Region(in General).

Pakistani.

Why would I need another word?

Good answer. :tup:

No, oriental is politically incorrect. You can only use it for things, not people.

Depends where you are. I know it is offensive in America, but not so much in Britain.

If someone used that word, I would consider it strange, but not particularly offensive.

As you said, the word Oriental is most often used to describe objects and food.

If you say Asian in America and europe, They will be considered chinies/japanis/Indonasian.... If you say Middle eastern, they will consider it Arabs ...

Indians are known as Indian, (in fact Pakistani, bangladeshi and nepali race is known as Indian only).

The Indian living in US and Europe call themself desi...

Indian it-self is an identity, We Indians are never refer as Asian or middle eastern....

Brits use some word (derived from Pakistan) to insult Indian race....

You have live in the US for at least a couple of years to understand why he asked those questions.

just throw up a peace sign and say asian pride! :yahoo:

Most juvenile thing ever! Seriously, Asian pride? Would that triumph Pakistani, Indian, Chinese, Japanese or Korean nationalism?

And this stupidity being espoused by people of Asian descent, in a lame attempt to create a feeling of solidarity and belonging! Theirs is such a pitiful, empty existence!

asian word is mostly used for mongoloids in the east i guess.... like chinese, japanese veitanmese etc

Back
Top Bottom