What's new

Doctor's mindset

I understand but you are doing the exact same thing that you are accusing them off.
There's a reason. Quoting below my own post. I may sound repetitive. But it's because people don't read properly in the first place and ask questions which have already been addressed.

Yes. But first get the diagnosis right. The diagnosis is correct when the patient feels that the description of diagnosed disease is reminiscent of his ordeal. This hasn’t happened so far. Do it. The ball is in your court.

@Mage @padamchen

There's a reason. Quoting below my own post. I may sound repetitive. But it's because people don't read properly in the first place and ask questions which have already been addressed.

Whatever you have said can be said for engineers, astrologists, archeologists and even marine biologists, don't you believe?

Whatever you have said can be said for engineers, astrologists, archeologists and even marine biologists, don't you believe?
Yes. But some engineers and some doctors are extraordinary. How to find the extraordinary ones? Any ideas?

Yes. But first get the diagnosis right. The diagnosis is correct when the patient feels that the description of diagnosed disease is reminiscent of his ordeal. This hasn’t happened so far. Do it. The ball is in your court.

@Mage @padamchen

I am not a physician but i believe its not as simple as matching colors or shapes.

You can go for a second opinion to other places or if you have literally given up, try alternate medicine. India is a treasure trove for alternate medicine.

Yes. But some engineers and some doctors are extraordinary. How to find the extraordinary ones? Any ideas?

No idea man.

Are you building a rickshaw to Mars where only extraordinary ones will be taken aboard?

With a suffocating culture as it is in India with regards to social status and profession, you should stay away from them. This is my advise to you. Very personal

Hi
Unfortunately having a consensus with patient may not be priority. If it is, find a doctor who can help you. We don’t know all disease. We can not treat all. But whatever we can do, we are having hands full at least I can say for govt doctors. I am sorry from my part and request you to also empathise with the doctors specially looking at the challenges they face. See many of major breakthrough in medicine has been brought by non-medics. Hence I request you to put across your brighter ideas in proper forums. I hope you are given due attention.
Why talk of consensus? Either the symptoms match or don’t. It’s like patient complaining of injury to right hand and indeed the right hand is injured and left hand is healthy. But the doctor says, “No. The left hand is injured. Let’s bandage the left hand.”

Very simple solution , there is a system of treatment which says ,, TREAT THE PATIENT NOT THE DISEASE,, and that system have answers to all your questions,, and it's called Homeopathy, and I can guarantee you that it's true coz I am a homeopath,, @abcxyz0000
Whether the doctor treats the disease or takes a holistic view, if the phenomenon is not comprehended neither allopathy nor homoeopathy will work. So first focus on understanding the condition.

Why talk of consensus? Either the symptoms match or don’t. It’s like patient complaining of injury to right hand and indeed the right hand is injured and left hand is healthy. But the doctor says, “No. The left hand is injured. Let’s bandage the left hand.”

Whether the doctor treats the disease or takes a holistic view, if the phenomenon is not comprehended neither allopathy nor homoeopathy will work. So first focus on understanding the condition.
Homeopathy always takes holistic view, it says totality of symptoms and the subject (patient) is to be considered as objective ,

Why talk of consensus? Either the symptoms match or don’t. It’s like patient complaining of injury to right hand and indeed t
Hi
Would you mind being told that it may not be as easy at times. I have a suggestion for you. In this world of doctors with compelling limitations, you may not find anyone capable enough to treat you. Please don't quote further.

Thank you

Are you building a rickshaw to Mars where only extraordinary ones will be taken aboard?

With a suffocating culture as it is in India with regards to social status and profession, you should stay away from them. This is my advise to you. Very personal
Did you even read the post? The search is for medical consultation not for socializing.

And it's not about nationality. It's about medical system. Someone in Pakistan may be having similar disease, problems and situation. What should he do?

Hi
Would you mind being told that it may not be as easy at times. I have a suggestion for you. In this world of doctors with compelling limitations, you may not find anyone capable enough to treat you. Please don't quote further.

Thank you
I don't expect treatment. But at least don't get the diagnosis wrong. Because wrong diagnosis creates new problems. If matching of symptoms is not a priority then doctors are answerable to none. They can do any wrong diagnosis and nobody can question them.

habit is necessary
Practice makes a Man Perfect. But pray tell me, how would repeatedly dealing with common, well-known and textbook diseases prepare doctors for groundbreaking/path breaking research?

Practice makes a Man Perfect. But pray tell me, how would repeatedly dealing with common, well-known and textbook diseases prepare doctors for groundbreaking/path breaking research?
It wouldnt...What really would prepare the doctor is the habit of asking questions / research and genuine interest in keeping updated...

More blunt with people who waste time. They are aware that even after decades of studies how little they know, and hence it is not wise to waste time on people who waste your time. Roughly a walking/talking person may not require their prolonged attention.
if we waste time on functional pt. rather give that time to a person in need
People with dyslexia and prosopagnosia are walking, talking and have perfect sensory organs. But they aren't functional.

Term universal diseases is a vague terminology
Slightest of distress in patient and doctors jump to conclusions that it anxiety, depression, stress, OCD etc.

Back
Top Bottom