What's new

Documentary about India by NHK, I recommend them to Chinese members

BigTree.CN

Reaction score
Since arguments between Chinese and Indians happen everyday in this forum, I think it is a good idea for Chinese members to know more about our counterparts. I have been searching documenteries about modern India for quite a while, and finally I came across this excellent documentary by Japanese NHK. The documentary is intended to explain the rise of India.

I only recommend it to Chinese members because only Japanese and Chinese can understand it.

Patr1[
Part2[
Part3[
Part4[

Youku is so slow...

Hmmm I thought it was going to be spoken Chinese not Chinese subtitles. Can't watch this without spoken Chinese.

Good documentery.

5000 people are accepted to IIT out of 300,000 applicants.

In contrast, Beida alone is 2646 accepted out of 20036, an acceptance rate 10x higher than IIT.

±±´óÀúÄê¼ȡÈËÊý_°Ù¶ÈÎÄ¿â

It is no wonder then that the IITs which concentrate the ultra high geniuses of India, are held in high regard. They are far more selective than even the top of the top elite Chinese universities.

Good documentery.

In contrast, Beida alone is 2646 accepted out of 20036, an acceptance rate 10x higher than IIT.

±±´óÀúÄê¼ȡÈËÊý_°Ù¶ÈÎÄ¿â

It is no wonder then that the IITs which concentrate the ultra high geniuses of India, are held in high regard. They are far more selective than even the top of the top elite Chinese universities.

Ethnic heterogeneity is high on the subcontinent, add that the selection pressure applied by a historically stratified society that interbreeding mainly within caste. What you get is a high standard deviation and bell curves within bell curves.

Good documentery.

±±´óÀúÄê¼ȡÈËÊý_°Ù¶ÈÎÄ¿â

You can't compare those two statistics without examining their underlying admission processes. China has a highly standardized system of university entrance exams where students can assess beforehand their chances of getting in a top tier university with a reasonably degree of accuracy; couple this with a very limited number of applications one is allowed to submit, people will not apply to an university like Beida unless they're already cream of the crop. I think we need a bit more knowledge on the Indian admission system before making a judgment.

Plz can any1 give the translation for it .
I am on my phone and I cant see the flash content

Don't need the whole translation but can anyone please tell me what is the jist of the video? And what does it talk about? What topics. :)

^ I watched only Part 1 so far, its abt Education system, MultiNational Companies, I.T., Infosys, work ethics etc etc.

Its best documentary I have seen about India.

Toilet Facilities In China

Use this link for chinese toilets everyone .
Thanks for trolling and derailing this thread which was started with a good purpose . Have some shame , you come from a poor country yourself even if it is not as poor as mine . There was no need for that video.

Even i can point out the worst of china and laugh .

well, it is the truth first of all.
besides, it is NOT the worst of India. it is prevalent in India even today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom