What's new

Documentary on Pakistan and Taliban by ABC

Go to page 1 of this thread and the very first post. Double-click "Four Corners-Pakistan On The Brink".

That'll take you to the article and from there you can download as you see fit or just watch there.

thankyou :)

I understand Pakistan is a sovereign nation... but if it CAN'T stop the Taliban!! as in the case of SWAT where the military Failed!! why don't they let the US take them out?

sovereign nation, can't stop the taliban, let US take em out, buddy this shows who u r, u r just another indian troll with a fake Pakistani id, ur documentary simply shows wut Obama's administration wants Amercian people to see, afsoos they dont show what we want them to see; so mate take some time out n check the REAL DOCUMENTARY:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/war-terror/18954-pakistans-war-documentary.html

thanks AM for postin the documentary:enjoy:

Good analysis but then its better if you look at other documentaries to get a better perspective Pakistan Army is fighting a very difficult war just recently they have managed to clear Bajaur of militants which was considered a fortress of militant resistance. Its a shame swat valley is being held hostage by these monsters they are no way locals they are definately Afghanis who have infiltrated into the beautiful valley I just dont understand NATO with all its sophisticated technology in unable to control infiltration from Afghan border how do they expect Pakistan to do more when Pakistan has over 100,000troops just guarding the porous border.

I understand Pakistan is a sovereign nation... but if it CAN'T stop the Taliban!! as in the case of SWAT where the military Failed!! why don't they let the US take them out?

the us? lmao
the u.s. cant even handle afghanistan or iraq
lol chew only as much as u could eat kid :disagree:

This is a story from another perspective. i apologize to our american members that wont be able to understand whats being said.

Talat in Bajaur part 1

http://pakistanherald.com/prog_show.asp?prog_id=692

Talats inteview with IG FC

Video Program Playing | Pakistan Herald

I wont be able to comment on the documentary because my computer is so slow that its taking ears to buffer. but i thought that this is someone who has been to region before and actually compare to what was happening before.

buddy this shows who u r, u r just another indian troll with a fake Pakistani id, ur documentary simply shows wut Obama's administration wants Amercian people to see, afsoos they dont show what we want them to see; so mate take some time out n check the REAL DOCUMENTARY:

Typical idiotic response read my post history before you accuse me of calling a troll. Disguised as an Indian!! are you serious?? Is that the most your brain can come up with..

btw I've seen that documentary on Aljazeera.. it was great and shows the dire situation thats up in the north.. none of these documentaries still answer the major question and thats how do you get rid of the Taliban and deal with Fata.

Btw what EXACTLY do YOU want people to see? that Pakistan is winning this war? Even after what took place in Swat/

There was a legitimate point made in this video about aid. Civic aid in these communities must follow on military operations. It must do so quickly. The footage from Loe Sam is doubly disheartening.

First, of course, is the amount of destruction which was necessary. To hear it explained by the army officer, each compound was discreetly targeted for destruction by a bull dozer at some point in the battle.

Nothing remains. Literally. We've had brutal urban battles in Iraq. Certainly, the second Fallujah operation revealed the extent to which a determined resistance can be fashioned in an urban setting. Still, the battles never reached the levels of destruction seen in Loe Sam.

Second is the absence still of civic aid. These people have spent an entire winter in refugee camps outside Peshawar. I would, at a minimum, task your combat engineer companies, battalions, and brigades from around the country to these tasks. Anything so basic as clearing rubble, re-establishing electrical lines, basic sewage and water-these are issues that can be tackled by engineer and pioneer units while providing their own security.

On a larger scale, though, your government appears to have no plan to either infiltrate the army or openly attack in Waziristan. After that lies Quetta. Bajaur was miniscule by comparison in both area and populations. SWAT smaller again. Neither operation appear to have received adequate troops though I recall that there were four brigades in SWAT. That's probably 12 battalions of troops in addition to the local and provincial security forces. We've heard the numbers 12,000 vs. 3,000 or so.

Clearly the smaller force moves with a greater purpose.

I'm dismayed by the reports of "garrison" behavior. Your military has a propensity to return to barracks in the evening. That, of course, is when things get most interesting in these afflicted neighborhoods. Everybody has heard of the afghan taliban "Shabnamah" (night letters) placed in community markets.

Not here. Nope. They place bodies for your awakenings.

I believe that your troops should be in the field. I believe that your artillery, military police, engineers, ADA, and signal troops should carry local patrol and security responsibilities. I think that they should be trained and organized by the infantry to do so as provisional units. I think that your infantry need to be in COPs (Combat Outposts). You have much higher population densities on your side of the mountains and this strategy works well in those situations. Platoon-sized and with local police. Armed to the teeth and living in these locations-fortified and with radio comms as well as land-line.

Reaction forces identified and primary/alternate routes identified and discreetly reconnoitered-but not rehearsed except by resupply vehicles which should have alternating crews so everybody becomes familiar with the reinforcement routes. Things look different after dark if you're not a local and bad guys are shooting at your vehicle.

COPs should be within patrol distance of one another. This permits the possible reinforcement from other locations. Finally, your soldiers must understand that surrender isn't acceptable and that they are expected to fortify their locations sufficient to hold out until relieved.

"Hold Until Relieved..."

Most of all, you must convince them, rain or shine, day or night, that you're coming to get them if they get hit. Nobody will stand alone. Convince your men of that and they'll stand and fight. I'm not certain they believe that now.

You can't stay in the barracks and commute to a COIN war.

Btw what EXACTLY do YOU want people to see? that Pakistan is winning this war? Even after what took place in Swat/

What took place in Swat was their for quite some time it was removed by President Gen. Musharraf and that agitated the Taleban and local militia as you can see in the news that schools have reopend government appointed Qazi's hear cases on the basis of Shariah that is composed of traditions of the Holy Prophet so yes I think it is actually a victory for Pakistans if the schools have reopened and the Hotels as well providing work again and a promise for progress. Victory isn't exactly what America has it is no perfect system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom