What's new

Does India Still Need a Hindu Nationalist Party?

I wish the BJP win the next 10 elections...........nothing better then a bunch of right wing idiots running india.

This much is true. But India is already run by a bunch of facist right-wind idiots.

The BJP's corruption and incompetence will weaken Akhand Bharat (which will cause less headaches for its neighbors), however the people will suffer more. A dilemma: How to improve people's lives AND ensure Bharat remains peaceful.:flame:

It is a myth that all minorities vote en bloc. they vote differently region to region. But you can't blame them if they don't vote for a party whose candidates threaten them in their election speeches (Varun Gandhi). In UP its mostly the Yadav parties and Congress. In Bihar and MP, the muslim votes are substantially in the BJP and JD(U) camp because the parties their have focused on developmental issues.
In WB and Kerala Muslims have traditionally vote with the left bloc. In other parts it has been Congress as there is no other alternative.

BJP indulges in as much vote bank politics as Congress does.

That is why we need a right of Centre party that does not dabble into politco-religious ideology. The BJP can continue to do that and end up being a shiv sena clone. But we really have a need to have a true right-of-centre party. I'm sure there will be a strong potential across religious lines but mostly from urban and educated demographics that would vote for them

Ejaz, by minorities I did not limit myself to religious minorities. Minorities exist in all spheres of our society. A simple example is a Hindi speaking Hindu person in Mumbai. Even though Mumbai is more or less concentrated largely with a Hindu majority, the Hindi speaking Hindu would in Mumbai be regarded as a minority.

This much is true. But India is already run by a bunch of facist right-wind idiots.

The BJP's corruption and incompetence will weaken Akhand Bharat (which will cause less headaches for its neighbors), however the people will suffer more. A dilemma: How to improve people's lives AND ensure Bharat remains peaceful.:flame:

Ignore this Pakistani who thinks he is Chinese. Please keep up the debate. I don't want this thread derailed .

And for the solution to that "dilemma" I guess we need to turn to Pakistan for help right? :D

Well we do need a proper center to right party without the religious aspect. Somthing like the Swatantrata Party in the 60s. A conservative party focussed on minal government role in public life and small budget and at the same time promoting free market economy and advocating ending various subsidies and all other feel good policies that are actually harmful in the long run.

The BJP's core problem is that it is a synthesis (albeit a patchy one) between the pro-business anti-big govt. swatantrata party ideologues and the swadeshi, populists and left leaning (in terms of economic policies) RSS ideologues. Hence the BJP tends to get split between the two political extremes and can't do wither properly.

I'd say bring back the Swatantrata Party. A good write up is here:
Revive the Swatantra Party

You want a new party to succeed in India , and perform better than Congress , BJP and the other rabel.

Sure you need a few billion dollars ,

And support of the 100's of millions of rural Indian's who vote for their traditional parties.

Politics in India is a career , sadly not many of our educated middle class is willing to put their neck out for the nation, on the political field.
I my self would be hesitant , so i cant say much.

Having seen what's happened to Shashi tharoor , i have to say expectations are low as of now,

Meaning we can only hope for parties that would maintain the current status quo .

The main factor for BJP now is that they need to fix an image, spell out their agenda. Are they sticking to stuff like Ram Mandir issue, Hindutva driven campaigns or are to build on a "development driven" Party image.
Can't blame them for the confusion. Its simple, all this crap like Ram Mandir is no longer going to help them get any votes. There are other more important issues, they need to make their "mudda". Cards like Modi and Varun Gandhi are backfiring for them
If things continue like this, BJP is doomed for sure. Unfortunately
The party needs good leadership, and a non influential Party President has made things worst.

Last edited:
You want a new party to succeed in India , and perform better than Congress , BJP and the other rabel.

Sure you need a few billion dollars ,

And support of the 100's of millions of rural Indian's who vote for their traditional parties.

Politics in India is a career , sadly not many of our educated middle class is willing to put their neck out for the nation, on the political field.
I my self would be hesitant , so i cant say much.

Having seen what's happened to Shashi tharoor , i have to say expectations are low as of now,

Meaning we can only hope for parties that would maintain the current status quo .

The problem is that with Congress and BJP , India is moving towards a 2 party nation and this truly defeats democracy. Smaller parties earn votes just to become part of a coalition with either of those 2 parties so the policies of the smaller parties are really insignificant on the broader scale. A newcomer is required on the political field and getting the funds would be no problem if the policies make sense. But to sit back and allow India with all of its social and economic burdens to become a 2 party nation is IMO just not sensible

The problem is that with Congress and BJP , India is moving towards a 2 party nation and this truly defeats democracy. Smaller parties earn votes just to become part of a coalition with either of those 2 parties so the policies of the smaller parties are really insignificant on the broader scale. A newcomer is required on the political field and getting the funds would be no problem if the policies make sense. But to sit back and allow India with all of its social and economic burdens to become a 2 party nation is IMO just not sensible

A 2 party scenario gives some level of power concentration in the centre, without which India will be torn apart due to regionalism. Its much better that way. Things are already difficult with with likes of Mayawati, Sharad Pawar, Mulayam Singh and Prakash Karat.
Think practically.

What an amusing thread as long as there is democracy India will have many parties, Those who do not have support will slowly die, Like Uma Bharti's party and several of them were short lived.

agree...
what a question, shows how out of the context author is, i would like to know about his CV In India any body can have his own party and own agenda and is free to try his luck. Its not post 1947 mentality India, yea jo public hai saab jaanti hai.

Unfortunetly many highest of high end stupid individuals often wrongfully cite BJP as Pro-Hindu Political outfit, BJP has long been done a very great job for the betterment of various religious communities which have been ill-treated or been treated as a scapegot for vested interest.

What about Congress is it Secular ?

Not my argument. Not one party in India is truly secular. I was only articulating my disappointment with the BJP because they claimed to be a party with a difference. Unfortunately it turns out that they are not any different and after Vajpayee, the younger lot of the BJP lack charisma and inspire no confidence whatsoever.

I think India badly needs a centre right party but as Ejaz said without the religious bent. We need somebody to support more liberalisation and take a tougher stand on national security issues than the present government but they must be fair and seen to be fair in their approach to all Indians.

None of us wants to go live in the past when we believe that we have a great shot at the future. We just need a party that will try and get us there.

To come to power again preferably on their own ,BJP needs to understand that they must be behave like strong opposition lead by strong leader.The opptunist alliance it had joined in the past up to now continue cost it .

There is nothing wrong being a pro Hindu party ,because in country of ours ,being pro Hindus almost means u are pro India as such is the demographic configuration.but pro Hindu should n't signify or tantamount to be anti Muslim or other minorities.

There are only two political parties left in India, the left and the right aka BJP.Rest are personal fiefdoms centered around one leader.

from 1998-2004 BJP rules the india perfectly.....Noone ever even from Congress dare to speak against Atal Jiii during that period.....
rigid BJP govmt. successfully balanced the intense international pressure after Pokhran-2.....the shapes of cities started changing during that period...

With all of India's pursuit of being tagged as a beacon of secularism, its still very much in danger of falling back into a theocratic style of governance under the BJP.

i dont think any party in india not use cast related politics like
bjp - hindu
cong. - muslim, dalitetc
bsp -dalit
rjd- yadav
shivsena- marathi

if m forget any big party please give me name

Back
Top Bottom