What's new

Does Pakistani cricketers participate in BPL?

mikkix

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Does Pakistani cricketers participate in BPL?

The fall-out of Bangladesh's reluctance to tour Pakistan could be costly for the forthcoming second season of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), but the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is confident that cricketers from Pakistan will be made available. Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf's use of the word "might" in the case of the Pakistan players' availability has eased fears of a complete pull-out.

"I still believe that a large number of Pakistani players will play in the BPL," Nazmul Hassan, the BCB president, said on Tuesday. "He [Zaka Ashraf] didn't directly say that the players won't play in the BPL. He said that they will have their own league at that point of time, something which might not allow their players to come to Bangladesh. All I can do is hope for their availability."

The BPL is scheduled to begin on January 18, clashing with the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, Pakistan's domestic first-class tournament. The PCB is unlikely to let some of the top Pakistan players take part in the BPL, though more than 50 cricketers were bought by the franchises in the auction.

The seven franchises will begin their training camps from the second week of January, with foreign players expected to start arriving from January 4. If the PCB is to give NOCs (No-Objection Certificate) for the BPL, the BCB would prefer them soon because a pull-out would require the governing council and Game On Sports, BPL's event management firm, to host a closed-door auction. In that case, it would throw the tournament into chaos, a scenario that is a major concern for the owners.

"We did not receive any information of the Pakistan players not attending this year's BPL yet. Of course it's a concern as all the franchises had plans with the Pakistani cricketers that they bought from the auction. If they (Pakistani cricketers) are not available we (the franchisees) will have to look for other options," Shihab Chowdhury, Dhaka Gladiators' managing director, said.

Another owner believed that in the event of a pull-out, the franchises will not have enough players to fill those vacant spots. "Not having Pakistan players is definitely a concern and I think we should be informed soon about their status. If the BPL plans to hold a closed-door auction in the event of their unavailability, we will be left with very few good options."

The overall reaction to Bangladesh's deferment has been of relief in many quarters as the general perception in the country has been negative about the proposed tour. But the BCB is not ready to give up on their bilateral relations with their Pakistan counterparts, and the man having to answer all the questions at this stage, Hassan, has had to resort to diplomacy. "I haven't spoken to them [the PCB] officially regarding this issue. We haven't received the reply to our letter which we sent to them four days back.

"I am not blaming Pakistan, I understand their sentiment but this is not intentional. There is no politics in it. It's the situation that has compelled us not to tour Pakistan at this point of time," said Hassan.

There still remains a sense of confidence among those who run the BPL directly, but if the PCB announces a pull-out of the top players, new players have to be recruited at short notice. The BCB would start the new year on a bad note, off the field, if their money-spinning T20 tournament runs into problems.

MY POINT IS BD CANCELLED PAKISTANI TOUR DUE TO THEIR INFORMATION REGARDING PAKISTAN LIKELY PARTICIPATION IN BPL. INDIANS NOT ALLOWED PAKISTAN CRICKETERS IN IPL AND THIS MOVE WILL MAKE PAKISTAN CRICKETERS TO PLAY IN BPL.
DOES BD AND INDIAN BOARD"S COLLABORATIVE MOVE OF PUSHING PAKISTAN IN BACKFOOT.

MY POINT IS BD CANCELLED PAKISTANI TOUR DUE TO THEIR INFORMATION REGARDING PAKISTAN LIKELY PARTICIPATION IN BPL. INDIANS NOT ALLOWED PAKISTAN CRICKETERS IN IPL AND THIS MOVE WILL MAKE PAKISTAN CRICKETERS TO PLAY IN BPL.
DOES BD AND INDIAN BOARD"S COLLABORATIVE MOVE OF PUSHING PAKISTAN IN BACKFOOT.

If that is the case.. we would not have invited your team...

Bangladesh cancelled their tour to Pakistan and now want Pakistan players to play in BPL.

Its height of trolling. :lol:

Bangladesh make decision based on their benefit for them and Pakistan should do decision based on their benefit with hard feeling.
Personally i think we should play BPL because if they didn't support us then why should we make our self foul to help them. last year they did the same thing when ICC chairman selection was held and we took our name back for that

personally i think pak should think about their own T20 league

If Pakistani players have some self respect they will excuse themselves with full respects to the franchise owners. I don't think PCB should show immaturity like BCB & ban their players for BPL.

About Bdsh team touring Pakistan, i already said, when there was a news of tour, that PCB must not trust BCB atleast until their change in govt. Anyways Bdsh tour or not won't make any difference as it is considered minnows & don't have any influence on any other board. IMO PCB should be planning for tours to Australia, South Africa, England & Srilanka which are giants like Pakistan. Playing these countries in their territory will make Pakistan team much more strong & used to of any pitches/wickets in the world & in future Pakistan won't have any difficulty of ground condition.

For money PCB can held domestic tournaments in which teams could play like Karachi VS Lahore, Quetta VS Peshawar, Sind VS Balochistan, FATA VS KPK, ICT VS Punjab, G-B VS AJK...etc. Also they can invite minnow teams like Afghanistan, Canada, UAE, HongKong(China) to play Pakistan's different team testing new players & giving them chance. International clubs can also be invited.

For money PCB can held domestic tournaments in hich teams could play like Karachi VS Lahore, Quetta VS Peshawar, Sind VS Balochistan, FATA VS KPK, ICT VS Punjab, G-B VS AJK
dude domestic tournaments wont generate money unless it consists significant numbers of reputed international players

We should tour their country and slam them on their own ground.

How many more time you need to slam them? did you forget Asia cup and T20 World cup. i dont want babies to cry again. so i also dont want to go there at dirty place.

dude domestic tournaments wont generate money unless it consists significant numbers of reputed international players

They won't generate much money but atleast something which is better than nothing. Also read second part of the post too.

How many more time you need to slam them? did you forget Asia cup and T20 World cup. i dont want babies to cry again. so i also dont want to go there at dirty place.

no let them cry what better way to troll BD it's the ultimate payback its a honour to have guests we have honoured them by coming to their country and playing in front their fans but they are too cowardly to give us the same in return.You know what thats fine BD -pakistan will be the bigger man as it always has been and still continue to play regardless of BD backstabbing we will take the fight to you instead the satisfaction is always higher when we slap you on your own turf anyway :pakistan::smokin:

We should tour their country and slam them on their own ground.

yea we are getting expert in beating others in their own grounds Like India!

We already have Domestic teams and Tournaments are held all over Pakistan and also have tornaments between Institutions and banks and Army!

Back
Top Bottom