What's new

Domestic & Social Crimes [Mob/ Vigilante justice] Thread

Bad attitude... Pakistan was previously a hindu land and as minorities became majority it became muslim land and then came pakistan..and now after 60 years how can one forget history and say others get out..remember israel's story is similar to that of pakistan's minority became majority so do u mean to say that muslims should get out of israel if they r not happy there??

You people should leave this misunderstanding regarding Hindustan, this land didn't get name from Hindu but Hinduism got name from this land.

Proceeding to topic; nobody saying get out to minorities from this peaceful society. They are living quite well as other.

Counter argument, definitely a yes but dragging India in the internal matters of Pakistan, no.

Agreed, what should be the standard when judging the quality of life of minorities in a nation. India surely does not qualify since we have problems of our own but in the case of Pakistan, constitution itself is biased for minorities. What is your take on this?

In my opinion except the fact that a non-muslim cannot be the PM or President of Pakistan, there is no bias against minorities in the constitution. I am personally against that clause for my own reasons but until the whole nation adopts a stance of opposition to this clause, it cannot be removed.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

No they can't, hence the part Islamic in the Islamic republic of Pakistan. The funny thing about blasphemy law is that during the trial of blasphemer, jury has to assume what he said as his words could not be repeated. So, you can be hanged on the mere assumption of what you said.

Blasphemy laws apply to all citizens, even muslims have been tried and found guilty on charges preswed based on Blasphemy laws. Please do a bit of research before trolling.

First of all, Christians are not just 2% in Pakistan. Christians are 10% to 15% in Pakistan but the government of Pakistan always hides this fact in "Mardum Shumari". You said "I don't know what the heck is wrong with people who make a fuss about 2% Pakistanis" Well you think that Christians who are 2% (according to you) should not be given equal rights and those Christians who are being slaughtered, raped, robbed, blown up, murdered in Pakistan should be avoided. Its the duty of the government of Pakistan to give equal rights to Christians no matter if they are 20% or just a ONE Christian.

BTW: Thats your hate speaking against Christians!

Being Pakistani citizen, its responsibility of Pakistani government to provide justice & equal rights to all not important you are Christian or Muslim.

In my opinion except the fact that a non-muslim cannot be the PM or President of Pakistan, there is no bias against minorities in the constitution. I am personally against that clause for my own reasons but until the whole nation adopts a stance of opposition to this clause, it cannot be removed.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Blasphemy laws apply to all citizens, even muslims have been tried and found guilty on charges preswed based on Blasphemy laws. Please do a bit of research before trolling.

Sir ( I am referring you as sir since you come with a black Military Professional tag ), it's not just about the post of PM or Pres., it is about the fact that a non Muslim cannot present the budget for Punjab or the lack of non muslim leaders. Just for the sake of example, my city constitutes 40% muslim population yet 5 of the 6 six leaders elected are Hindu defeating 3 Muslim leaders.

Can jury hear the exact words of blasphemy during the trial? Again, not trolling.

I am with Muslims who are facing problems in Europe but trust me, Christians are facing more problems in Pakistan. Christians are even getting killed here and the Churches are being bombed. There were many incidents when whole Christian villages were burnt. The Gojra incident is the most recent one in which many Christians were burnt alive. My friend that does not happen to Muslims in Europe. Muslims are not getting killed nor their Mosques are being bombed. But on the other hand in Pakistan, Churches are being bombed, Christian villages are being burnt, Christians are getting killed, Christians are facing discrimination in jobs and schools and in every field. And most recently JUI - S called to ban Holy Bible from Pakistan. The petition to ban the Bible is already lodged in Lahore High Court and if JUI - S wins this case then The Bible will be snatched away from all Christians in Pakistan. And will be banned......

Give examples except Gojra incident?
Don't worry Bible will not be banned in Pakistan. According to constitution it comes against religious freedom.

Sir ( I am referring you as sir since you come with a black Military Professional tag ), it's not just about the post of PM or Pres., it is about the fact that a non Muslim cannot present the budget for Punjab or the lack of non muslim leaders. Just for the sake of example, my city constitutes 40% muslim population yet 5 of the 6 six leaders elected are Hindu defeating 3 Muslim leaders.

Can jury hear the exact words of blasphemy during the trial? Again, not trolling.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that I am a simple "Professional" not a "Military Professional". I am an Analyst, not a military-man.
Secondly, the budget of Punjab was presented by Kamran Micheal, who is a Christian. As far as the lack of non-muslim leaders is concerned, well there is a lack of leadership as a whole. The political landscape is dominated by the same few names that take turns in coming to power. There is no leadership regardless of faith.
Lastly, the words of blasphemy are narrated to the Jury, it is true however that they cannot be repeated in first person. This applies to muslim and non-muslim alike.

I would highlight one discrimination faced by non-Mulsim Pakistanis:

Muslim Pakistanis can select only one representative for National Assembly.

Non- Muslim Pakistanis have to cast their vote twice to select one representative for reserved seat and other vote for representative on general seat.

Just like Muslim voters there should be no double voting for non-Muslim citizens.

Do Pakistani blasphemy laws apply equally to all faiths? That is, if a person proclaims that Jesus was not the Son of God and tears pages from the Bible and spits on them, etc., can Christians bring blasphemy charges against that person?

not sure but i hope so and want to see consistancy applied to all pakistanis immaterial of personal beliefs

Firstly, I would like to clarify that I am a simple "Professional" not a "Military Professional". I am an Analyst, not a military-man.
Secondly, the budget of Punjab was presented by Kamran Micheal, who is a Christian. As far as the lack of non-muslim leaders is concerned, well there is a lack of leadership as a whole. The political landscape is dominated by the same few names that take turns in coming to power. There is no leadership regardless of faith.
Lastly, the words of blasphemy are narrated to the Jury, it is true however that they cannot be repeated in first person. This applies to muslim and non-muslim alike.

Thank you for your insights.

1st non-Muslim to present PA budget | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

I guess my data was a bit outdated in this regard.

Can you provide me some evidences or links for the blasphemy narration scenario?

And I don't have anything to say about the Pakistan's minority leadership due to my lack of knowledge about Pakistani politics.

Do Pakistani blasphemy laws apply equally to all faiths? That is, if a person proclaims that Jesus was not the Son of God and tears pages from the Bible and spits on them, etc., can Christians bring blasphemy charges against that person?
every one has right to disagree but

word blasphemy means

A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
blasphemy - definition of blasphemy by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

How can the bible be banned when it is an article of faith for a Muslim to believe in the bible? You can't be Muslim if you don't believe in the OT and the gospels.

Thank you for your insights.

1st non-Muslim to present PA budget | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

I guess my data was a bit outdated in this regard.

Can you provide me some evidences or links for the blasphemy narration scenario?

And I don't have anything to say about the Pakistan's minority leadership due to my lack of knowledge about Pakistani politics.

I am not sure if I can find a source for this but I do know this from personal experience as a Somali student of mine in 2004 made some remarks during a presentation that the Jamiat junkies took as being blasphemous and registered a case against him. I attended his trail and testified in his favour. There I heard the prosecution and defence present their version of the stories to the court.

Yes the situation is bad but all is not lost!

Watch this video of a christian retired army officer who commanded the most important position of Pakistan army. This video is only 1 day old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure if I can find a source for this but I do know this from personal experience as a Somali student of mine in 2004 made some remarks during a presentation that the Jamiat junkies took as being blasphemous and registered a case against him. I attended his trail and testified in his favour. There I heard the prosecution and defence present their version of the stories to the court.

A link would have been better but your personal account works fine too. Did they repeated the exact same words of the Somali student, if yes then I am glad that some of my misconceptions are cleared. But still, it does not justify the barbarian rule of hanging a person for he/she failed to use the right words. I hope you agree on this one.

your mistake, what are you doing in a country which was formed on the basis of RELIGION?

your mistake, what are you doing in a country which was formed on the basis of RELIGION?

Its not a Mistake...my ancestors were Muslim and they were living in Faislabad (a City of Punjab in Pakistan) for like 1000 years. At that time there was no Pakistan....We had lots of land in our village....but then our grandfather converted from Islam to Christianity when he was 16 years old and that was the time when he was stripped off from all his land and wealth and his family never saw him again....So we are here for so long....why should we leave this place? this place changed a lot....Its not a mistake....its called fate....fate made us born in this country. So we are not outsiders...and we must have equal rights.

Back
Top Bottom