What's new

Don't define Muslims by their worst

Agreed, there is a media-bias in reporting when perpetrators are muslims.
However we should also keep in mind, that Islam is such an integral part of muslim's life, that even for attrocities committed on personal capacity, the perpetrators consider that they do it in the name of Islam. [Though what they do is contrary to Islam's teachings].

For example, Major Hassan, or the father who did honor killing of their daughter use islam to justify their actions. [which is as condemnable as their actions themselves]
However, the Virginia Tech shooter clearly says it is his personal vendetta that drove him to do it. He does not say 'I am killing these people, for my country, or for may faith'.

Any group of people are named based on what they define their actions with. Tamil Terrorists in Srilanka are defined by ethnicity, not religion or region. Maoist in India are defined by ideology, not ethnicity or religion. Same way Al-qaeda or talibans are not defined by ethnicity but by religions that they define themselves with.

However, the Virginia Tech shooter clearly says it is his personal vendetta that drove him to do it. He does not say 'I am killing these people, for my country, or for may faith'.

On April 18, 2007, NBC News received a package from Cho time-stamped between the first and second shooting episodes. It contained a 1,800-word manifesto, photos, and 27 digitally recorded videos, in which Cho likened himself to Jesus Christ...

On April 18, 2007, NBC News received a package from Cho time-stamped between the first and second shooting episodes. It contained a 1,800-word manifesto, photos, and 27 digitally recorded videos, in which Cho likened himself to Jesus Christ...

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1549092/The-roommates-story.html

Perhaps most significant was a rambling note that said, according to police, the "end is near" and there was something he "needed to do". He also railed against his parents' strong Christian faith and the moral degeneracy on campus.

So what? He was a christian and took an example of christ when talking about being bullied. However he did not say, "I am doing this because of christ's teachings", "I am doing this to be a better christian, "I am doing this to keep the honor of my clan high" "I am doing this as a sacrifice to my faith" "I am doing this as a sacrifice to my country" blah blah blah...

If you dont want to understand the difference, please let me know, i shall not try any more.

Back
Top Bottom