What's new

DRDO creates GATET project for advanced gas turbine engine research

brother GATET project is good but its not up to the international mark yet reason being they lack ISRO's expertise in producing aero-dynamic and fuel efficient ejection seats..i agree we need GFRI'S input in Kevari engine's turbo fin designs too but that would only raise the cost of this project something BJP and IPL arent ready for at this point in time....to overcome this hurdle HAL can step in and prove to the world that it is the best jet jet engine manufacturer in Asia rivaling GFRI and Sukhoi industries...if AURA UCAV can be powered by the same engine as Arjun MBT then rest assured it would be win win situation for Congress and BJP:tup:

brother GATET project is good but its not up to the international mark yet reason being they lack ISRO's expertise in producing aero-dynamic and fuel efficient ejection seats..i agree we need GFRI'S input in Kevari engine's turbo fin designs too but that would only raise the cost of this project something BJP and IPL arent ready for at this point in time....to overcome this hurdle HAL can step in and prove to the world that it is the best jet jet engine manufacturer in Asia rivaling GFRI and Sukhoi industries...if AURA UCAV can be powered by the same engine as Arjun MBT then rest assured it would be win win situation for Congress and BJP:tup:

Hmmm......What about Trinamool Congress and Shiv Sena ? :lol:

Will it be win-win for them too? :rofl:

Why are you embarresing yourself you moron and what are you interested in a turbofan engine for?Go and pull your riksha.Stop pretending you are an indian. Hey Mods, what are you doing?

Why the hell every reporter says that we need the single cristal blade tecnology?Don't these morons know that DRDO has alreay developped the nickel super alloy used in single crystal blades.The blades developped by DRDO has been successfully used in the K9 which passed the high altitude test in russia?

Kaveri K9 has produced 84kn thrust with full afterburner and max dry thrust of 60kn.Current weight is 1070 kg.GTRE is trying to reduce it to 900kg and increase max afterburner thrust to 110 kn to use it on AMCA.In my opinion they should also increase the dry thrust to 70 to 75kn.According to ADA the AMCA will have empty weight of 10 ton,internal fuel capacity of 4.6ton and internal payload of 2.4 ton so total 17 ton.That means if they are able to produce 14 to 15 ton dry thrust the AMCA will achive very good super cruise ability.As far as I understand that is why snecma's help is being considered,to increase the the thrust and not for single crystal blade technology.Correct me if I am wrong.
REGARDS........

^^^if we are going to use two 110 kn engine then amca should be in category of 25-30T mtow just like eft or rafale or j-35
if we are going to use two engines then we have to put double fuel in the aircraft which will make it automatically 25Ton

This guy really cracks me up :woot: :taz:

^^^if we are going to use two 110 kn engine then amca should be in category of 25-30T mtow just like eft or rafale or j-35
if we are going to use two engines then we have to put double fuel in the aircraft which will make it automatically 25Ton

Don't necessarily.The EFT uses two 95kn thrust engines with 4 ton of internal fuel.So for AMCA 4.6 ton will be more than enough.Besides the EFT/Rafale carries all their storers externaly and as a result the drag increases many times for a loaded plane than an empty one and the range also decreases greatly.But for AMCA/FGFA it is totaly different.They will have same drag in both empty and loaded mode.So range will not decrease.And remember,4.6 ton is not les.it will give the AMCA a ferry range of atleast 4000 km due to the far leser drag.Regarding the weight of AMCA,our LCA already uses 45 percent composite and for AMCA it will possibly be increased to 70 percent.So relax,the empty weight will not be increased beyond 11 ton and so is the max take of weiggt.
ENJOY........

^^^ buddy a 17ton aircraft with 220 Kn(two 110Kn) will reach mach2..8-3.0 with afterburner lol

Kaveri K9 has produced 84kn thrust with full afterburner and max dry thrust of 60kn.Current weight is 1070 kg.GTRE is trying to reduce it to 900kg and increase max afterburner thrust to 110 kn to use it on AMCA.In my opinion they should also increase the dry thrust to 70 to 75kn.According to ADA the AMCA will have empty weight of 10 ton,internal fuel capacity of 4.6ton and internal payload of 2.4 ton so total 17 ton.That means if they are able to produce 14 to 15 ton dry thrust the AMCA will achive very good super cruise ability.As far as I understand that is why snecma's help is being considered,to increase the the thrust and not for single crystal blade technology.Correct me if I am wrong.
REGARDS........

SNECMA is going to provide components to reduce the weight and some parts of the core for Kabini... they are not going to help increase... these parts automatically increase the thrust to 90KN with weight reduction...

It is upto GTRE to redesign and get the system to 110KN...

You may be right man.But their m88 engines produces only 75 kn max afterburner thrust.So how on earth their components can increase the thrust?
Though GTRE is now maturing rapidly and by the time first technology demostrator will come the Kaveri will be most probably ready.

^^^ buddy a 17ton aircraft with 220 Kn(two 110Kn) will reach mach2..8-3.0 with afterburner lol

May be.I told you everythng from the reports.Like ADA wanted 110kn engines for AMCA,empty weight not more than 11 ton(ADA chief told AMCA will be of mig 29's weight class which is 10.5ton),4.6 ton of internal fuel and 2.4 ton internal payload thing was reported by Ajay Shukla in the Broadsword.And remember,the max take of weight will be 25 ton.I told about internal payload only.With this 17 ton weight mach 2.8 can be achived but there is no guarentee that GTRE will be able to make 110 kn engine at this point of time.We can only hope for the best and lets hope for the best.
REGARDS........

The fate of GATET project is on the hand of Sh T Mohnaa Rao the Director of GTRE who is enjoying
this 100 crores (poor tax payers money) in Jayamahal massage parlour with supplier.

Back
Top Bottom