What's new

DRDO to be build next Generation Phalcons AEW&C for IAF

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
a50ei-2.jpg

As per sources rising price in procurement of Ilyushin Il-76 platform and steep price rise demanded by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) for IAI EL/W-2090 Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) radar system and integration of it in Ilyushin Il-76 platform might lead to no further follow up orders of three A-50EI which Indian air force currently operates .

Follow up order was suppose to be of three more aircraft’s with similar radar integrated on Ilyushin Il-76 platform , bringing total to 6 A-50EI based AEW&C aircraft’s , negotiations are still going on but Government is planning to Start Phase II project to India’s own AEW&C Project and DRDO will get the clearance soon on this matter.

Israel has been asking India to consider Gulfstream G550 Eitam aircraft based AEW&C for some time now to reduce cost in platform purchase and integration cost of radar ,Gulfstream G550 based AEW&C are also operated by Israeli air force but IAF is not keen on it. IAF is also happy with the progress made by DRDO in its own AEW&C program and is considering further development if the deal for three more A-50EI based AEW&C fails to materialize .

Under Phase-1 , DRDO will be integrating Locally developed Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) radar system in to Brazilian Embraer aircraft’s and first aircraft which has already taken its first flight in Brazil should be arriving in India soon for system integration in India . next two aircraft’s will be in India next year and whole project will be completed and aircrafts will be handed over to IAF by 2015 as per DRDO plans .

Under Phase-II , DRDO with inputs from Indian air force , will select a new platform with higher operational range and capabilities , and will also be developing a new complete 360 degree surveillance system and radar in par or exceeding in performance of A-50EI.

Sources suggests IAF may suggest Boeing or Airbus based platform , since procuring Ilyushin Il-76 is difficult since Russia has stopped production and current lot are based on Unfinished air frames of soviet era . IAF also operates six Il-78MKI based aerial tankers but has pushing for new Airbus platform for next tanker orders .

DRDO to be build next Generation Phalcons AEW&C for IAF | idrw.org

Does that means no further order for Phalcon AWACS from Israel??? Is this another tall claim by DRDO??

Last I heard it was a further 2 to be ordered not the 3 but the price has shot up also.

Last I heard it was a further 2 to be ordered not the 3 but the price has shot up also.

Follow on Phalcon AWACS deal is one which i am hearing since the first Phalcon's were not even inducted into IAf, 3 Phalcons are not enough to cover entire airspace of India also only two can be operational at a time, IAF should go for follow on order of 2/3, don't know when the DRDO AEW&C will be operational (will it be??), at the same time both China & Pakistan are taking huge lead over India in department of early warning systems.

[/QUOTE]
DRDO to be build next Generation Phalcons AEW&C for IAF | idrw.org

Does that means no further order for Phalcon AWACS from Israel??? Is this another tall claim by DRDO??
[/QUOTE]

yes it certainly means that no further orders for isreal , but this is not a tall claim. i have talked to some scientists in drdo. they currently have more arrays working in drdo lab that the amount of radars they have to build. this proves that drdo is well capable ot building and manufacturing such radars. they can produce as much x,s,l tr midules as they want n home. and building the aesa is modular in nature and if they can assemble the mini- awacs they should no problem assembling this big awacs.

[/QUOTE]yes it certainly means that no further orders for isreal , but this is not a tall claim. i have talked to some scientists in drdo. they currently have more arrays working in drdo lab that the amount of radars they have to build. this proves that drdo is well capable ot building and manufacturing such radars. they can produce as much x,s,l tr midules as they want n home. and building the aesa is modular in nature and if they can assemble the mini- awacs they should no problem assembling this big awacs. [/QUOTE]

I have not seen any big DRDO project as a success in recent times, i am clearly being skeptical about this one as well, I am not saying that they should not work on AEW&C systems but what i m asking is that IAF should first ensure complete cover of Indian airspace by getting at least 6 Phalcons inducted than they can induct the indigenous aircrafts as well.

yes it certainly means that no further orders for isreal , but this is not a tall claim. i have talked to some scientists in drdo. they currently have more arrays working in drdo lab that the amount of radars they have to build. this proves that drdo is well capable ot building and manufacturing such radars. they can produce as much x,s,l tr midules as they want n home. and building the aesa is modular in nature and if they can assemble the mini- awacs they should no problem assembling this big awacs.

I have not seen any big DRDO project as a success in recent times, i am clearly being skeptical about this one as well, I am not saying that they should not work on AEW&C systems but what i m asking is that IAF should first ensure complete cover of Indian airspace by getting at least 6 Phalcons inducted than they can induct the indigenous aircrafts as well.

dont be that skeptical, doont forget that india has now mastered aesa radar tech and the tr modules are produced in house. i dont see any way that could give rise to skepticism.

What is the point of a chain of such troll threads when we all know DRDO can't build previous generatin tejas and kaveri?

these kind of threads may satisfy hurt ego of indian memebrs but don't add any value to this forum.

What is the point of a chain of such troll threads when we all know DRDO can't build previous generatin tejas and kaveri?

these kind of threads may satisfy hurt ego of indian memebrs but don't add any value to this forum.

does this picture add some value to ur brain??

India's+DRDO+Indigenous+AWACS+Aircraft_1.jpg

aesa is made by drdo :smokin: isnt this sh1t hot

^^^ does it have complete 360 degree coverage??

no its 240, but building a 360 is just a piece of cake after this one as it is modular in nature and the only difference will be software and some algorithms.

Back
Top Bottom