What's new

Drone Strikes, now diplomatic weapons - By Asim Aquil (Op Grp submission)

AM, due to your cultural background - as demonstrated by the fact your PM still holds office even though the Constitution forbids it on the grounds that only a no-confidence vote can remove him - I must excuse your thickheadedness.

You and apparently 99% of Pakistanis need education, even condescension, in such matters. I suppose what could help clearer, more specific, more humiliating statements from U.S. officials. Sharper statements from the U.N. Security Council would help more but the Chinese, as is their cultural bias, still seem to think there is more to gain by protecting Pakistan from humiliation than not.

For now.

AM, due to your cultural background - as demonstrated by the fact your PM still holds office even though the Constitution forbids it on the grounds that only a no-confidence vote can remove him - I must excuse your thickheadedness.

You and apparently 99% of Pakistanis need education, even condescension, in such matters. I suppose what could help clearer, more specific, more humiliating statements from U.S. officials. Sharper statements from the U.N. Security Council would help more but the Chinese, as is their cultural bias, still seem to think there is more to gain by protecting Pakistan from humiliation than not.

For now.

Just because you cant argue with Agnostic Muslim's intelligence you resort to persnl attacks?

And you are saying 99% of us Pakistanis need intelligence? I am living in Pakistan and even though I never went to school I taught myself English and i can say thanks to the source of information we can acces here in Pakistan I am smarter than you and many other biggottted americans.

You are very ignorant, you say that our president and PM are charged yet still hold office?

Yes, that is true but look at your country first.. you have a killer as ur president and your losing your freedom day by day... there is a lot more freedom in Pakistan in some areas than in America for example our media can critize our ISI, military and any country in the world... where as ur media can't say **** about Israel and not say about your intelligence... so you live in a less free world day by day

and dont frgt about occupy wall street where your cops beat and pepper spray ppl in our country they the cops don't beat us 90% of the time...

if I remember correctly a jewish activist was slammed down when netnayahu was in america making a speech... and he said that u guys have democracy but funny enough that girl was slammed down for making a comment lmfao.... look at our parliment where the opposition can scream all they like without getting slammed down..

Awkward moments for Pakistani leader - YouTube

Just because you cant argue with Agnostic Muslim's intelligence you resort to persnl attacks?
I wasn't attacking his intelligence but the mind-set of 99% of Pakistanis.

You are very ignorant, you say that our president and PM are charged yet still hold office?
Last I checked your PM was convicted. Does that make me ignorant?

Yes, that is true but look at your country first.. you have a killer as ur president and your losing your freedom day by day...
I'm not an Obama fan and I warned Pakistanis before he took office that Obama would have higher expectations of them than his Republican opponent.

there is a lot more freedom in Pakistan in some areas than in America for example our media can critize our ISI, military and any country in the world... where as ur media can't say **** about Israel and not say about your intelligence...
You're in la-la-land here.

and dont frgt about occupy wall street where your cops beat and pepper spray ppl in our country they the cops don't beat us 90% of the time...
That's pretty funny but you probably don't realize that!

if I remember correctly a jewish activist was slammed down when netnayahu was in america making a speech...
I've attended two of Netanyahu's speeches in D.C. and never saw such a thing. I did see a female demonstrator who later appeared at a Washington think-tank and was dragged away by security (as seen here on PDF). Nothing happened to her as she appeared at another demo halfway across the country a few weeks later (as seen here on PDF.)

I understand that you feel insulted. That's good. Just try to get over it quick so you can start to perceive just how long the road is that you'll have to travel.

I wasn't attacking his intelligence but the mind-set of 99% of Pakistanis.

and he's one of those 99%

Last I checked your PM was convicted. Does that make me ignorant?

At least our PM can be convicted.. unlike yours who is free from the rule of law.. and the same time he is a mass murderer

I
'm not an Obama fan and I warned Pakistanis before he took office that Obama would have higher expectations of them than his Republican opponent.

this isn't about obama's relations with pakistan.. its about your country being led by a mass murderer who is free from law not that Bush and one other guy was charged by the internatioal court... they were convicted too and they are ignoring it.

You're in la-la-land here.

keep continuing to believe that

That's pretty funny but you probably don't realize that!

what is funny?

I've attended two of Netanyahu's speeches in D.C. and never saw such a thing. I did see a female demonstrator who later appeared at a Washington think-tank and was dragged away by security (as seen here on PDF). Nothing happened to her as she appeared at another demo halfway across the country a few weeks later (as seen here on PDF.)

this was during congress and happened twice

I understand that you feel insulted. That's good. Just try to get over it quick so you can start to perceive just how long the road is that you'll have to travel.

Your very ignorant and hopefully you'll learn that soon

For now.

This is exactly the sort of response i expected from you. After getting blasted by AM, its clear that you cannot have a valid discussion with him based on facts and logic. This is why you have resorted to gross stereotype and generalizations. Its quite clear that its your biased mind which needs to open up and look at views from other side of the table. I pity people like you whom are engulfed in hate.

Well, with me there's a chance. How about you?

After following some of your posts, i sincerely doubt that.

O dear Solomon - im all for debating and discussion and criticism on issues like this.
What i cant accept is the most racist person on this site being so stereotypical of a whole nation - and thats what you have a
tendency to do. You take pleasure in generalizing about our nation.
Granted we have our fair share of undesirables but to suggest what you do is show blatant stupidity.
You simply cant sometimes your race hatred for our nation.

the attack on the jirga right after the RD release was absolute murder
and a revenge attack by CIA acting like a drug cartel.

there is simply no justification and people who will try to draw parallels and decide that those 40 or so people sitting in the open in their traditional gathering deserved to die then they are no worse than the fanatics who decide that civilians are valid targets because they support their government policies.

if anyone of you can allow yourself to be a neutral and unbiased for few moments then you wont find any difference in this attack to any AQ attack on busy markets and local gatherings.

CIA/ USA knows they will get away with it because no other country has the moral courage to challenge them or those who can dont really care. secondly, the victim is much maligned country which doesn't deserve any justice in the eyes of the world opinion.

Nobel prize of Humanity and Justice for Panetta ? makes sense, his boss got the Nobel Peace prize already.
what a sham, what a bloody joke.

kṣamā;3133562 said:
Last time I checked, Bond still worked for MI6 and for "her majesty" !! I hope he dinn change his resume !

I think you are adding salt to wounds, Although i could not control my laugh on reading this.

No. I know the quotes edited by me may mean and portray something which i dinn expected to express. The above post of mine just solidifies the notion- "every thing on the west-ward and bad is USA and everything on the east-ward and bad is India", that almost a majority of pakistani members of at-least this site has.

And I also know i will be barged by anti-Indian sentiments in minutes.

kṣamā;3133716 said:
No. I know the quotes edited by me may mean and portray something which i dinn expected to express. The above post of mine just solidifies the notion- "every thing on the west-ward and bad is USA and everything on the east-ward and bad is India", that almost a majority of pakistani members of at-least this site has.

And I also know i will be barged by anti-Indian sentiments in minutes.

Welcome to defence.pk

I think the American policy of drone strikes and thier legality was being discussed here. So far, they have not been justified.
India wasn't mentioned at all, "bad" or otherwise from what I recall.

Greetings Khudi,
Thank you for the welcome. Sorry to have that posted over here, a parallel thread over the same topic had been to the area as described by you. So I think it was a case of mix-mash of two thread histories in my brain. I apologies.

As for the legality of drone strikes are concerned, I would present an analogy. At my place during this time we have a lot of sightings of Leopards (Panthera pardus fusca) in public areas. Many reportedly man-eating. But factually Panthera pardus fusca is a very shy animal, and attacks human territories because it is threatened.

Similarly if Pakistan army had weeded out the terrorist training camps when India had pointed out in 90's, today we would not have arrived at this junction. Had PA started neutralizing them back then, by now there had been no base for terrorist to hide and US to attack. Also to fire the topic, Osama Bin Laden was found in a residential house, just walking distance from a military establishment and a half a days drive from capital city, and Pakistan repeatedly reported that it dinn shelter terrorists . So now how can US trust help it??

They might well be discussing over a cup of latte and donuts "Well, Laden was in a house, not in a camp. We bombed all the camps and still the attacks continue, so start hammering the civil regions. Even a 1% hit ratio of a terrorist is justified, when he can kill a thousand wen alive !!"

Regards

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom