What's new

Education for Cadets in PMA

Syed Ibrahim Khalil

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I would like to know what education would be provided to a L/C cadet who's already a graduate(4years).
Those who join L/C after 12 years education would be provided bachelors degree, but what about already graduated ones. Would they provide master's degree? Will there be better promotion chances for already a graduate? As for SSC, they would get capt. rank directly.

Your guidance would be highly appreciated.

P.s. I am a CS graduate, wanted to do MS in it.:undecided:

-Cheers.:smart:

I would like to know what education would be provided to a L/C cadet who's already a graduate(4years).
Those who join L/C after 12 years education would be provided bachelors degree, but what about already graduated ones. Would they provide master's degree? Will there be better promotion chances for already a graduate? As for SSC, they would get capt. rank directly.

If you are selected in L/C, you will have to study BMAS (Bachelor of Military Arts & Science) from NUST, which is a 2 years study and equal to graduation (14 years of education). There is no exception if you are selected in L/C. All cadets have to undergo the same syllabus.

You won`t be getting any masters degree. Forget about that.
Yes, higher education will make you a senior in the eyes of your seniors at Kakul. So they will go easy on you. Other than that, I cannot say how helpful would it be for your promotions or any other privileges you might have because of higher qualifications.

SSC (Graduate Course) officers are selected as Lt. and not Captains. DSSC officers get Captain rank.

P.S. I would advise you to stick to L/C and forget about SSC, MS or higher ranks. L/C is the best route for a good long service.

Last edited:

@PanzerKiel

If you are selected in L/C, you will have to study BMAS (Bachelor of Military Arts & Science) from NUST, which is a 2 years study and equal to graduation (14 years of education). There is no exception if you are selected in L/C. All cadets have to undergo the same syllabus.

You won`t be getting any masters degree. Forget about that.
Yes, higher education will make you a senior in the eyes of your seniors at Kakul. So they will go easy on you. Other than that, I cannot say how helpful would it be for your promotions or any other privileges you might have because of higher qualifications.

SSC (Graduate Course) officers are selected as Lt. and not Captains. DSSC officers get Captain rank.

P.S. I would advise you to stick to L/C and forget about SSC, MS or higher ranks. L/C is the best route for a good long service.
Thank you for such good clarification.

So my 4 years degree in CS will not come handy(apart from being senior in education), but further I would be taking 2 years bachelors degree in BMAS.

Worth it?

Thank you for such good clarification.

So my 4 years degree in CS will not come handy(apart from being senior in education), but further I would be taking 2 years bachelors degree in BMAS.

Worth it?
Brother I cannot stress more on the fact that L/C is the best of all.

1. It`s a Permanent Commission unlike the SSC (Short Service Commission) and DSSC (Direct Short Service Commission). The latter two have short duration, usually 10 years of service and then their service is over. Whereas L/C officers go on to become Generals and Chief of Army Staff. That is the scope for L/C if you deserve to be promoted to those levels.

2. SSC and DSSC might provide direct senior ranks as compared to L/C, but in the long run, they don`t enjoy the rapid promotions and job security as a L/C officer has. Anyways, you become Captain after 3 years of service, so why in such a hurry?

3. The nature of commission also reduces the choice of selecting Corps. L/C officers are always at advantage. Their performance and aptitude can place them at very good places.

If you are worried that you have BS CS and will still study BMAS, then you should know this that officers get as many degrees as possible because they are required for promotions. So don`t worry, your BS CS is not lost. It will come handy at later stages.

To sum up, L/C is the BEST of all! Yes it is worth it!

Whats your present age?

They are normally above the required age so not inducted in PMA Long course. Many years ago they used to have OTS Short Service Commission to cater to such individuals. I believe PA has started short service commission again.

Sir, induction for graduates requires age up to 24 years. That's why I am applying too.
For education, if you can share with me your knowledge, that would be great.
Thanks.

Do please elaborate.....regarding education what you want to know?

Back
Top Bottom