What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE COMMUNIQUE

- Everybody on the Egyptian arena and the world at large have witnessed yesterday's protests by the great Egyptian people that were meant to express their opinion in an unprecedented peaceful and civilized way.
- Everybody has seen the movement of the Egyptian people and has heard their voice with the utmost degree of respect and interest. Therefore, it was inevitable that the people receive a response to their movement and call by all parties that must shoulder part of the responsibility in such a critical situation which the homeland is passing through.
- The Armed Forces, as a major party to the equation of the future, and out of their national and historical responsibility for protecting the security and safety of the homeland in these dangerous circumstances, confirm the following:
• The Armed Forces will never be a party in the circle of politics or rule and will never accept getting out beyond their outlined role in the genuine democratic thinking which is emanating from the people's will.
• The national security of the State is exposed to great danger in light of the current developments in the country; the matter that lays a responsibility on all parties concerned to act in a way that is commensurate with these dangers.
• The Armed Forces have anticipated earlier the danger of the current situation and what it implies of the demands of the great Egyptian people. Therefore the Armed Forces have set a one-week time as a grace period for all political powers to reach reconciliation and get out of the current crisis. However, this one week has elapsed without any response or act on the ground. This state of affairs led the great Egyptian people to take to the streets with full determination and complete freedom in that way that dazzled everybody at the local, regional and international levels and won the respect, appreciation and interest of everybody.
• Wasting more time will not result in but more division and conflict; which we have warned of and we are still warning against.
• Such honorable people have suffered a lot and found nobody to sympathize with them or care for them; the matter that lays an ethical and psychological burden on the Armed Forces who hold that all should stop doing anything barring taking care of this great people who proved to be ready to do what is deemed impossible if they found somebody to care for them with sincerity and devotion.
- The Armed Forces are reiterating the call for meeting the demands of the people and give all parties concerned 48 hours as a last-ditch chance to shoulder their own responsibility in this historic moment of the nation which will never tolerate or forgive any party that would be negligent in undertaking their responsibility.
- The Armed Forces appeal to all parties concerned that if the demands of the people were not met within these 48 hours the Armed Forces will find themselves obliged, out of their national and historical responsibility and out of respect to the demands of the great Egyptian people, to announce a road map for the future along with measures that will be carried out under the Armed Forces ' supervision with the participation of all the patriotic and sincere trends and spectra, including the young people who have been and are still, the sparking plug of the great revolution, without any exclusion to any party.
- A big salute of appreciation and respect to the men of the Armed Forces who have been and are still undertaking their responsibility towards the great Egyptian people with all determination and pride.

May God Keep Egypt and its people safe and sound;
May God's peace and blessings be upon you.

Rab3a Al3adwiya- Pro Morsi supporters pray while being "protected" by the military.

1017396_491846570894508_474925928_n.jpg

...measures that will be carried out under the Armed Forces ' supervision with the participation of all the patriotic and sincere trends and spectra -
Who decides the "patriotic and sincere" bit? That's the wedge the military can use to screw the politicians and populace. [fyi: a screw is an inclined plane (wedge) wrapped in circles.]

Who decides the "patriotic and sincere" bit? That's the wedge the military can use to screw the politicians and populace. [fyi: a screw is an inclined plane (wedge) wrapped in circles.]
The latest meeting has included the National Salvation Front, The Nour party, Tamarod, Alazhar and the Church. The FJP was invited however it refused. So I think its pretty clear. The coming communique will come as a result of this meeting.

The whole region is fekked up, don't have high expectations, you don't know what's gonna happen next, I bet nobody saw this coming last year.

Totally agree with that. Yet no harm in enjoying this, at least momentary victory of secularism over Islamism.

The latest meeting has included the National Salvation Front, The Nour party, Tamarod, Alazhar and the Church. The FJP was invited however it refused. So I think its pretty clear. The coming communique will come as a result of this meeting.
That's how it starts. Once the millions are off the streets the powers-that-be may try to use their wedge to roll back everything that has been gained, declaring parties and people "unpatriotic" right and left, citing the relative peace in the streets as implicit endorsement of tyranny.

I'm not saying that's going to happen; but it's something you have to alert people to and work to prevent, the better to keep the Army (and soon, I hope, the police) on their leash.

Brothering a Hindu ?

How do you brother anyone ? :what:

I don't even know, :D he has some daydreams of being a brother of us living in the same nation under the same ruler who follows his version of Islam. I get to help them out in getting real. We are not brothers and we won't be so. In the name of this imaginary "Islamic" Ummah, they give themselves the liberty to call us names other than Muslims, insult us and even join any enemy propaganda against us.

Egyptians should seek long term solution through democracy, and not rejoice in these events (if opponents of morsi). He should have been allowed to finish his term.

Hitler also came to power after winning elections!!!!!

He should have been allowed to complete his term.

That's how it starts. Once the millions are off the streets the powers-that-be may try to use their wedge to roll back everything that has been gained, declaring parties and people "unpatriotic" right and left, citing the relative peace in the streets as implicit endorsement of tyranny.

I'm not saying that's going to happen; but it's something you have to alert people to and work to prevent, the better to keep the Army (and soon, I hope, the police) on their leash.

If the army wouldn't seize this oportunity they would have been decapitated later by Morsi just like Erdogan did and Morsi wpuld be unstopable.What's happening now is the best thing for Egypt at the moment,it's up to them to make it work further down the road.

If the military tries to impose the same election rules as before - especially the ban on parliamentary candidates if they were in prison at any time after 2004 - this should be opposed. Indeed, it would be best to clear this matter up as quickly as possible. That's more important than banning the FJP or Morsi from further political activity or office, in my opinion.

That is what happened after the 25th of Jan 2011. After the revolution the masses simply dispersed and entrusted the military to rule, however, as we know that lead to a deal with the MB and a botched transitional phase. Now, the protesters have a clear plan if not followed or there isn't agreement on another these masses will remain. The military is also wary of repeating the same mistakes of 2011 that tarnished its image.

All we can do is hope that justice prevails for the Egyptian people.

All we can do is hope that justice prevails for the Egyptian people.
You mustn't think that! You must NOT take the "if Allah is willing" attitude! You have to keep working for success! You have at least four tasks:alert the military that you will be ready for their tricks, drum up support for a democratic framework, craft a particular agenda, and keep your family fed and sheltered. If you give up now and concentrate only on the last, you will return to being a peasant.

I've waited for this moment for six years now: ever since the Egyptian ambassador to the U.S. told us protesters that when Mubarak fell he would side with the M-B rather than the democrats. That play is now over. I think they're just winging it right now, accumulating stores, keeping their hands on food distribution, hoping to wait out the masses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom