What's new

Egypt Unrest: Mubarak Steps Down!

People getting angry waving shoes..

All the hope built up that today was the day he would go then nothing but more of the same i can imagine peoples anger is going to go way beyond waving shoes.

Hundereds have been killed and arrested and still they protested, either today or tomorrow after prayers the proverbial is going to hit the fan and the army is going to have to descide who they back.

strong man not like mushy

راجل اقوىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىىى و ليست مشرففففففففففففف

Did Obama jump the gun or was he blindsided? either way doesnt say much of Washington assessment of situation,,.. He was talking about history in making.. classic case of US being duped. :lol:

strong man not like mushy

Be thankfull you dont have a leader like mubarak

A hail of vicious punches and kicks rained down on the prone bodies next to me, creating loud thumps. The torturers screamed abuse all around me. Only later were their chilling words translated to me by an Arabic-speaking colleague: "In this hotel, there are only two items on the menu for those who don't behave -- electrocution and rape."

Cuffed and blindfolded, like my fellow detainees, I lay transfixed. My palms sweated and my heart raced. I felt myself shaking. Would it be my turn next? Or would my outsider status, conferred by holding a British passport, save me? I suspected -- hoped -- that it would be the latter and, thankfully, it was. But I could never be sure.

I had "disappeared", along with countless Egyptians, inside the bowels of the Mukhabarat, President Hosni Mubarak's vast security-intelligence apparatus and an organisation headed, until recently, by his vice-president and former intelligence chief, Omar Suleiman, the man trusted to negotiate an "orderly transition" to democratic rule.

Twenty-eight hours in Egypt's torture machine - News - Mail & Guardian Online

well, our prostesters were strong enough to scare Musharraf. Gladly we kicked him out.

Not only Egypt, there are more weak people in whole Middle East. (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc).

Do you notice that CNN (Anderson Cooper) helped these protestors (Anti Mubarak). Without CNN medias, they are useless and will remain under rulers. However, Mubarak said in speech, he will not accept foregin intervention or their sources.

forced to give a speech :rofl:

the next coming days will be decisive

hello are you ok brother, what i meant was, people forced him to speak about him resigning or not.. and this makes them more emotional

This thief has 80 billion dollars all stolen from the Egyptian people he is in top 70 of most richest people on earth.

This thief has 80 billion dollars all stolen from the Egyptian people he is in top 70 of most richest people on earth.

but aren't these unproved accusations?

as far as I know the richest person on earth also doesn't have 80 billion dollars

hello are you ok brother, what i meant was, people forced him to speak about him resigning or not.. and this makes them more emotional

well bro i said he was forced to give speech does not make them stronger

He will have to bow down in order to testify the peoples power

My opinion only

Well I appreciate what he had don for his country but chk out twitter, they are cursing Mubarak at 50 slangs per minute. I don understand is he dumb or something?

good on him!! he should only step aside after a orderly transition. had he gone now, would have been a free for all & total chaos. BTW.. Mr Obama.. wake up & smell the coffee.. you are not important any more!! Even your biggest aid earner is not listening to you any more. i thought Bush was the one who started losing the grip on america's subservients. I think Mr Obama will lose them completely & will make a enemy out of them!!

Mubarak is delusional.

But is anyone listening to John Bradley?

"It's the eve before the revolution and only galvanise it"

I refuse to believe he does not have Obama's backing. How can he get away with this without any repercussions?

What do you guys say?

This other commentator is talking about his "narcissim" and allegations of change in his speech, that he changed it.

Back
Top Bottom