What's new

Egypt vs Ethiopia...

No, sometimes politics bear catastrophic consequences that it may lead to a military confrontation or unpleasant outcome. The US didn't approve the Japanese aggression to the Chinese. As a result, Japan lost its primarily, which mainly came from the US. In retaliation Japan irresponsibly attacked Pearl Harbor, which had led to the declaration of WW2.

KSA had never gone to war with any nation including Israel, while Kuwait, Iraq, and Jordan attacked Israel in 1973. Alternatively KSA imposed a full-scale of oil embargo. But sill , the embargo I

That is why it will not help Egypt either, not in any way but throwing around money. Therefor my comments on the heroic war hungry Arabs that think Saudi Arabia will even risk anything to help Egypt, They will not help more then throwing around dollars like in the 80s with Iraq and Iran, like in the 90s when the US and 30 other countries came to attack Iraq, like in Syria today, throwing around money and ATGW but not risking any human life, like when Morsi got removed throwing billions again ............. it continues.

That is why it will not help Egypt either, not in any way but throwing around money. Therefor my comments on the heroic war hungry Arabs that think Saudi Arabia will even risk anything to help Egypt, They will not help more then throwing around dollars like in the 80s with Iraq and Iran, like in the 90s when the US and 30 other countries came to attack Iraq, like in Syria today, throwing around money and ATGW but not risking any human life, like when Morsi got removed throwing billions again ............. it continues.

I agree. The Saudi military isn't prepared enough I'd say (I could be wrong, I hope I am) to intervene in a way equivalent to the regional prestige they want. They would be a minor partner to the more organized Egyptians, which is obviously still valuable help but they'd want it to look like Saudis turned the tide imo

I agree. The Saudi military isn't prepared enough I'd say (I could be wrong, I hope I am) to intervene in a way equivalent to the regional prestige they want. They would be a minor partner to the more organized Egyptians, which is obviously still valuable help but they'd want it to look like Saudis turned the tide imo

They have the right equipment to take part or assist but they will not, Its the same as Arabs here dreaming that Saudi Arabia will attack Iran or capture the disputed islands of the UAE. The country has no recent military history to do these things, its government cannot risk it.

Though let them have their act on pdf if it makes them happy.

They have the right equipment to take part or assist but they will not, Its the same as Arabs here dreaming that Saudi Arabia will attack Iran or capture the disputed islands of the UAE. The country has no recent military history to do these things, its government cannot risk it.

I agree with your assessment on the ground but to be honest, supporting Saudi Arabia as a country that can not only punch its weight financially but also militarily is something in the interests of the entire Middle East, no?

Or do you hate them because they don't recognize the decedents of a prophet whose been dead for well over a thousand years?

I agree with your assessment on the ground but to be honest, supporting Saudi Arabia as a country that can not only punch its weight financially but also militarily is something in the interests of the entire Middle East, no?

Or do you hate them because they don't recognize the decedents of a prophet whose been dead for well over a thousand years?

Im not even shia and religion is not what makes my opinion over this.
I do not dislike them, I only dislike the regimes that have a hand in supporting terrorism.

I do not dislike them, I only dislike the regimes that have a hand in supporting terrorism.

Well I completely agree with you then. If only the Gulf would secularize a little atleast... sigh

You seem to have some sort of reading comprehension problem. KSA has never been aggressor toward any nation and never been a victim to any other nation. I never said that KSA should go to war with Ethiopia, I clearly stated that KSA can assist Egypt by refueling their fighter jets, but nothing else. You may need to go through my posts to realize that the comment that I've made didn't including bombing an X or Y state or whatever, I'm not naive or starry-eyed to be spoken to that way. And as for the financial aid, KSA isn't the only donor in the world. Speaking of Bathitist's Iraq, Sadam invaded Kuwait for all of a sudden, a small nation like Kuwait couldn't stand a chance agains the 5th strongest military in the world, therefore, a coalition was formed to free Kuwait, Sadam and his military got what they deserve in return.

Unlike most countries on earth, KSA military doctrine is fairly and squarely based on self-defense, which is similar to Japan. KSA military is built defend our land, and we won't go to war with any nation unless we were under attacked. When Sadam troops managed to sneak into our boarders, they were forced to retreat by the Saudi National Guard, which shows how competent they were. Similarly, we crushed the Hauthis' skulls in 2009 until they dropped on their knees to cease fire.

Could you please show us who said Saudi should attack Iran? Or is it that we don't want to quote them again? XD.

Like I said, we aren't looking for a confrontation with any nation, maybe we don't have a shiny military legacy, but we took care of ourselves when Iran violated our airspace, and when Sadam's troops entered Khafji, and when the Hauthis tried to mess with us.

You can't compare cherries to strawberries, our military is reponsible for taking care of our country, assisting Egypt by refueling their fighter jets isn't similar bombing Ethiopia.

BTW, There is no such thing as fininancil weight, but rather economic.

Do you have any official document to support your claim with? Or is that some sort of apologetic attitude? XD.

Well I completely agree with you then. If only the Gulf would secularize a little atleast... sigh

If our support to the secular FSA is regarding as terrorism, let the whole world see how terrorists we really are.

Similar to Turkey and any other nations as well ;).

You seem to have some sort of reading comprehension problem. KSA has never been aggressor toward any nation and never been a victim to any other nation. I never said that KSA should go to war with Ethiopia, I clearly stated that KSA can assist Egypt by refueling their fighter jets, but nothing else. You may need to go through my posts to realize that the comment that I've made didn't including bombing an X or Y state or whatever, I'm not naive or starry-eyed to be spoken to that way. And as for the financial aid, KSA isn't the only donor in the world. Speaking of Bathitist's Iraq, Sadam invaded Kuwait for all of a sudden, a small nation like Kuwait couldn't stand a chance agains the 5th strongest military in the world, therefore, a coalition was formed to free Kuwait, Sadam and his military got what they deserve in return.

Unlike most countries on earth, KSA military doctrine is fairly and squarely based on self-defense, which is similar to Japan. KSA military is built defend our land, and we won't go to war with any nation unless we were under attacked. When Sadam troops managed to sneak into our boarders, they were forced to retreat by the Saudi National Guard, which shows how competent they were. Similarly, we crushed the Hauthis' skulls in 2009 until they dropped on their knees to cease fire.

Could you please show us who said Saudi should attack Iran? Or is it that we don't want to quote them again? XD.

Like I said, we aren't looking for a confrontation with any nation, maybe we don't have a shiny military legacy, but we took care of ourselves when Iran violated our airspace, and when Sadam's troops entered Khafji, and when the Hauthis tried to mess with us.

Refuel jets are unlikely aswell, its part of military action.

Iraq was forced in economic bankruptcy by our friends Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, both asked Iraq to pay back money while Iraq defended them from Iran at the same time they lower their oil price so Kuwait brought it upon themselves, blame the emir, he probably got those orders from the US and other OPEC members.
US/NATO led the way to that war, desert storm started on all of Iraq, Iraq was busy with more important regions then Khafji.. The sanctions is not something the people deserved, half million dead kids.

As for the rest, defend what you want though only "heroes" like Saddam would invade Syria as of today or take part in the Ethiopian dam bombing if it would happen, Saudi might give Egypt its land to use.

The Saudi that says he wants to bomb Iran, we have a few Saudis here of which some are extremists, its not hard to figure out who that could be, you dont need my quote its being repeated weekly.

Do you have any official document to support your claim with? Or is that some sort of apologetic attitude? XD.

No, just suspicious of some considering what happens in Syria cause we are also Safavid today.

You can't compare cherries to strawberries, our military is reponsible for taking care of our country, assisting Egypt by refueling their fighter jets isn't similar bombing Ethiopia.

BTW, There is no such thing as fininancil weight, but rather economic.

Not exactly. Economically speaking, Saudi arabia can't offer much more than oil and cash (no offence).

That's why Turkey has been able to take advantage of growing markets in the Middle East. We have a lot of industries to offer to trading partners

I didn't know this. Is this just a matter of foreign policy or is it really an integral thing? (i.e. in the constitution etc..)

:no: Not at all, I do respect your opinion, you may need to go through this thread to see for yourself.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/243555-gcc-states-economy-development.html
We make a lot of things demoistcally, we aren't in the 70s anymore. Our relations with Turkey has nothing to do with economics, but it's a historical relation.
Not exactly. Economically speaking, Saudi arabia can't offer much more than oil and cash
(no offence).

That's why Turkey has been able to take advantage of growing markets in the Middle East. We have a lot of industries to offer to trading partners

I didn't know this. Is this just a matter of foreign policy or is it really an integral thing? (i.e. in the constitution etc..)

On both of the aforementioned levels. The Golden role of ours is not to poke our noses into someone else's affairs.

@Doritos11

Refuel jets are unlikely aswell, its part of military action.

Actually, it falls under the category of logistics.

Iraq was forced in economic bankruptcy by our friends Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, both asked Iraq to pay back money

KSA wasn't responsible for Iraq bankruptcy, In fact, KSA proposed an economic package for Iraq as soon as the war ended. Kuwait on the other hand demanded paybacks immediately, KSA is one country and Kuwait is another, I'm not Kuwait's spokesperson.

while Iraq defended them from Iran at the same time they lower their oil price so Kuwait brought it upon themselves, blame the emir, he probably got those orders from the US and other OPEC members.

Let's just refrain from acting heroically because hypocrisy stinks, Iraq didn't do a damn thing to us and yet we kept bailing them out. Most of KSA's aids weren't in cash but with weapons namely from the PRC. As for oil prices, each country reserve the right to determine its oil-export prices.

US/NATO led the way to that war, desert storm started on all of Iraq, Iraq was busy with more important regions then Khafji.. The sanctions is not something the people deserved, half million dead kids.

I don't think we need to shed crocodile tears, Iraq invaded Kuwait recklessly and it got what deserved in return, it's not our problem that Iraq was severely punished or whatever.

As for the rest, defend what you want though only "heroes" like Saddam would invade Syria as of today or take part in the Ethiopian dam bombing if it would happen, Saudi might give Egypt its land to use.

The reason why the US invaded Iraq in 2003 was because of Sadam's irresponsible actions, if he was mature enough he wouldn't have invaded Kuwait, in other word, he did it to himself and that's why he didn't survive to the day whereby he could be able to invade " Syria " KSA, however, is a rational actor on world's stage, and I suspect that it would facilitate its own land for another state to execute an Airstrike operation, refueling their fighter jets is different though.

The Saudi that says he wants to bomb Iran, we have a few Saudis here of which some are extremists, its not hard to figure out who that could be, you dont need my quote its being repeated weekly.

It seems that you can't distinguish trolls from serious talks, can you? If so, then you should also know that there are some Iranians who suggest we should do this and that, while in fact they aren't serious about what they say.

Anyway, I think we settled the score now, and the air is clear, I will drop my stick.

Adios
:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give more than 55 % to Ethiopia. Numbers do not tell the ground fact when it comes to war. For that matter the war will occur on the soils of Ethi, if it errupted at all. And the geography and will be tougher to the Egyptians and the logistic will not be easier to the Egyptians either. Air force is not so effective in most of the cases. Win to Eth 70 %.
You are kidding wright?
No need to go further then just comparing the Airforces.
Ethiopia,
24 MIG-21
10 MIG-23
8 SU-25
38 SU-27

Egypt,

32 F-4 Phantom II
240 F-16 Falcon of which 220 upgraded to block 40,20 are block 52
53 Mirage V
18 Mirage 2000
63 Mig-21 upgraded with western avionics
57 Chengdu J-7

So when we add all up,Egypt has three times more airpower(forget the armies).
You still give Ethiopia 55% chance against Egypt?

Back
Top Bottom