What's new

Egypt warns Turkey against drilling in E. Mediterranean

Any military confrontation over gas oil field will only destroy/weaken to Muslim military power in the region and embolden Israeli. I hope two brotherly country will solve the dispute amicably.

Issue isn't concerning EEZ of Egypt. It's a sole issue between Turkey, Greece and Cyprus. Egypt is just jumping aroundfor issues they don't have any involvement in.

Turkeyas one of the guarantor of the island of Cyprus has every right to defend the interest of the Turkish Cypriots.

Any military confrontation over gas oil field will only destroy/weaken to Muslim military power in the region and embolden Israeli. I hope two brotherly country will solve the dispute amicably.

I think the BD is in a position to act as an arbitrator, because BD is now considered by many as a great superpower.

Issue isn't concerning EEZ of Egypt. It's a sole issue between Turkey, Greece and Cyprus. Egypt is just jumping aroundfor issues they don't have any involvement in.

Turkeyas one of the guarantor of the island of Cyprus has every right to defend the interest of the Turkish Cypriots.

Not true Egypt wouldn't start a conflict with one of its largest trade partners for no reason.
It all started with arodgan running his mouth interfering into Egyptian internal affairs even paying MBs staying in turkey to finance sabotage operations in Egypt something Egypt didn't and wouldn't forget.

Add to that (the real reason Egypt is invested into what happens) Egypt needed an eez agreement to explore for gas to get one Egypt needed to assure Greeks of their support against turkey so you see Egypt is the winner here we explored our gas are paying our debt to turkey and making serious friends meanwhile our trade with turkey is as good as could be(in both of our interests to keep it that way)

Add to that Turkish Cyprus only exist in Turkish dreams internationally there is no such a thing so Egypt isn't breaking international law you are.

I think the BD is in a position to act as an arbitrator, because BD is now considered by many as a great superpower.

As a super power we don't want to waste our time arbitrary but like to punish any bad guy like we did in 1971 . ;)

@TheEagle Attention to provocator above.
Telling it like it is. Please point out the provocative(untrue) statement or is it that you are too used to your own propaganda that you can't handle what I have to say also funny how you skipped all of the provocative comments by Turkish members in fact all of my comments are replays (although I don't reply to provocative /empty comments I am sure yours isn't).

Again if iam unfair or provocative point out where??

What will Egypt do?? Just out of curiosity
Not much also turkey wouldn't do much.

1. Egypt does operate French and russian cruise missiles.

French Cruise Missile ? dream on
Russian Cruise Missile ? only 40 km KH-38 air to ground missile .... nothing else

Egyptian Airforce has 50 HARPOON anti ship missiles for F-16s and Egyptian Airforce has a few KH-31 anti ship missiles for MIG-29s

on the other hand Turkey has developed its own SOM Cruise Missile ... land attack/anti ship capability
( and Turkey produce 415 of SOM Cruise Missiles .... ( range of 250+ km )

also Turkish Airforce has 50 of AGM-84 SLAM-ER Cruise Missiles (280km) .... land attack/anti ship capability

also Turkey has developed its own 220+km ATMACA Missile .... land attack/anti ship capability

and soon Turkish 800km GEZGIN land and naval based Cruise Missile to hit every target in Cairo and other cities in Egypt

2.egypt does operate r77 and soon enough meteor.
Calling Egyptian f16 pathetic because they have no bvr while also mentioned that they operate aim7 with range of 70km which is bvr. What???

Egyptian MIG-29s armed with 80 km R77 air to air missile
Turkish F-16s armed with 120 km superior AIM-120C7 air to air missile

btw Egyptian F-16s armed with 11-30km AIM-7 ( so pathetic and outdated ) ......
Turkish Airforce F-16s armed with 75km AIM-120B and 120 km AIM-120C7 air to air missiles

also soon Turkish BOZDOGAN BVR air to air missile ( 118 km )

Let's talk numbers 50 migs +220 f16 +24 rafales (36 soon).

220 F-16s are trash without BVR Missile ... ( armed with max 30km AIM-7 air to air missiles )
50 MIG-29s and 36 Rafales will be destroyed by Turkish Airforce S400 Air Defense System ( 400km 4ON6E air to air missile )

even I am not talking about Turkish Airforce 230+ F-16s armed with 75km AIM-120B and AIM-120C7 air to air missiles ....... and Turkish Navy 12 Frigates armed 608 SM-1 and ESSM air defense missile to block Eastern Mediterranean

also upcoming 100 F-35A stealth Fighter Jets or SU-57 Fighter Jets from Russia

3. Hit Athens all you want.

Never heard of missiles winning wars (conventional missiles) fact is you are too far for that to be effective.

if you are so ignorant its your problem .... Turkish Armed Forces have the strongest fire power in the region and its so effective

All Greek Air Defense Systems , Air Bases , Jet Hangars , Navy-Naval Ports , Military and Strategic targets are in range of Turkish Missile Systems

-- 120 km TRG-300 guided MLRS
-- 150 km J600-T Tactical Ballistic Missile
-- 280 km KHAN Tactical Ballistic Missile
-- 220 km ATMACA Land/Naval based Cruise Missile ....( land attack / anti ship )
-- 250+ km SOM Cruise Missile ..... ( land attack / anti ship )
-- also Turkish KGK Smart Bomb ( 110 km )

fs6ee7dt.jpg

us5wiobc.jpg

9gkvwece.jpg

c9xaq6gz.jpg

e4kazx2x.jpg

eprto6ok.jpg

also Turkish Airforce

-- 90 AGM-88 HARM Anti radiation Missile ( 150km )
-- 50 AGM-84 SLAM-ER Cruise Missile ( 280 km )
-- 98 POPEYE Cruise Missilles ( 77 km )

fieeb6qt.jpg

v78ckbk2.jpg

f8n8dt2x.jpg

also Turkish Army has 120 of ATACMS Tactical Balistic Missiles ( range of 165 km ) to hit Greek PATRIOT Air Defense Systems , Air Bases and Military targets in Greek Islands such as Skyros

4. If you know anything about air defense (something Egypt excells at) you would know that you need them to be connected layered hidden and on the move.
Having s400 (small numbers) with no serious short and medium range Sam cover and no link between eastern and western makes them venerable

between 2019 and 2022 Turkey create great Air Defense capability to counter all threats

1 ... Turkish HISAR-A and HISAR-O low-medium altitude Air Defense Systems will be in service by 2020-2021 to intercept Cruise Missiles , Helicopters , UAV-UCAVs and Fighter Jets
ya9vhzfn.jpg

kpbvf6yc.jpg

2 ... Turkish SIPER high altitude Air Defense System will be in service by 2022 to intercept Fighter Jets
whre5ma2.jpg

3 .... KORKUT 35mm SPAAG ( airbust ammunition ) in service to intercept Cruise Missiles
k4mkowb2.jpg

4 ... 4 Batteries S-400 Air Defense Systems by 2019 ( more 4 Batteries in optional )
144 Missiles to turn Enemy Fighter Jets into crap of metal over the Eastern Mediterranean
yhpxb8i6.jpg

57f9rrlw.jpg

btw S400 will use Turkish Radar software and IFF system ...

5 ... 4 Boeing E-7T AEWC are in service with 600km PESA Radar
i4mmgxm8.jpg

6 .... 4 Turkish EIRS Early Warning AESA Radars ( range of 600km )
x62iwa3b.jpg

7 .... Aselsan KORAL Radar Electronic Warfare System to jam and deceive hostile radars ...( only Turkey in the region and in service )
oak79999.jpg

8 ... Turkish Navy 12 Frigates armed 608 SM-1 and ESSM air defense missiles to block Eastern Mediterranean

also 4 of Turkish ISTIF class stealth Frigates ...( each will carry 64x ESSM air defense missiles )
a33hskv2.jpg

Egyptian S300 is a toy for Turkish Airforce F-16s ( SPEWS-II self protection Electronic Warfare suite and 250km+ SOM stealth Cruise Missile )

Egypt and Greece can not match with Turkey in the Eastern Mediterranean

so if there is a conflict the American side is gonna win and at this stage turkey is breaking international law and if you wanna try saddams fate then go for it.

We have seen loser the US in Vietnam and Afghanistan
even Turkish soldiers including my Uncle saved cowardly American soldiers from Chinese in Korean War

never forget that 100 years ago smart British used stupid Greeks as pawns ( stupid Greeks died in wars against the Turks between 1919 and 1922 ,, and Greeks lost but smart British took oil reserves in Iraq from the Turks )

after 100 years same senario in the region
smart Americans and Israelis want to use stupid Greeks and Egyptians as pawns to steal oil-gas reserves from the Turks in the Eastern Mediterranean

but this time as of 2019 the Turks 100 times stronger than as of 1919

Last edited:
To protect its rights in the Eastern Mediterranean, Turkey has been increasing its presence in the region with drilling and seismic surveys in the face of violations of its continental shelf rights

The country once again reiterated that rights granted by international law cannot be questioned. "Turkey's rights and the rights of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus in the Eastern Mediterranean are unquestionable," President Erdoğan said Monday during the meeting of the North Atlantic Council and NATO's Mediterranean Dialogue partners

https://www.dailysabah.com/energy/2019/05/07/turkeys-rights-in-east-med-unquestionable-erdogan-says

Ironic, extremly humiliating considering how it has started with Israel and Egypt...and now both are against Turkey as in the past.

Some still resists to take lessons from the factual history, and makes the same mistakes over and over again regardless how harmul it is for the country and nation nowadays.

The rift between countries are conjectural, Greece is just in attempt to milk meantime; when the conjecture changes it will get on the back but with some changes of course.

I wonder little lapdog Egypt has gut to face with Türkiye one on one.
Offcourse not. Coz she nows that Turks can shred her into million pieces in a day.

Nobody can steel Turkish Cyprus rights. Maybe world doesn't recognize her yet but Türkiye is there. If she recognized her the story ends here.

Last edited:
Update your information all of it is outdated.

First of all Egypt isn't going to fight you alone (why exhaust our forces) we have a defensive packed with Greece and Cyprus (think about it us so close to your homeland mean while you are far from ours) meaning that you would be fighting those states with Egypt's support to them not gonna even mention the Egypt UAE Saudi alliance.

:agree:
If Egyptians make a dumb move you need to fight us allone.

Turkey's Military capabilities increasing year after year with domestic weapons especially NAVY projects, while you guys rely on second class foreign vessels with downgraded systems, so your chances shrinking year by year.

7 TF-2000 Destroyer, 4+ i-class Frigate, 6 Type 214 submarines... just to mention some future vessels.

Back
Top Bottom