What's new

Egypt warns Turkey against drilling in E. Mediterranean

French Cruise Missile ? dream on
Egypt already received 50 and had troubles with the second deal but not anymore.
https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...xport_of_Scalp_Missiles_to_Egypt#.XNCwgknTU0M
(Ofcourse you can't forget the 600ish + 200ish missiles operated by Saudi and UAE which would be given to Egypt in the case of running low on munitions. Perks of having allies)
Russian Cruise Missile ? only 40 km KH-38 air to ground missile .... nothing else

Egypt acquired the full armament of migs meaning that Egypt acquired the likes of kh-59mk for sure however like the kh31 and the migs themselves you wouldn't read about it unless Egypt release pictures (unlikely as it is a strategic weapon).

on the other hand Turkey has developed its own SOM Cruise Missile ... land attack/anti ship capability
( and Turkey produce 415 of SOM Cruise Missiles .... ( range of 250+ km )

also Turkish Airforce has 50 of AGM-84 SLAM-ER Cruise Missiles (280km) .... land attack/anti ship capability

also Turkey has developed its own 220+km ATMACA Missile .... land attack/anti ship capability

and soon Turkish 800km GEZGIN land and naval based Cruise Missile to hit every target in Cairo and other cities in Egypt

I feel like you should be reading way more on the subject of military strategy/history/tactics and less reading of spec sheets of weapons.

To fire /target Egyptian city's you have to first fly undetected (by Greece/Cyprus then by Egyptian navy and then Egyptian airforce and then Egyptian air defence) chance of that happening is zero but let's think of the most likely scenario.
Secondly given that your approach is going to be the same everytime expect heavy airforce (awcs + f16 +migs + rafales + mirages) presence. Large Turkish formations (easy to detect by greeks) would be met my even larger Egyptian formations meaning that you would be forced to fire from max range to minimise loses.

Then you have to deal with Egypt's relatively strongest forces (thanks to Israel air force superiority)

So believe me your cruise missiles are an inconvenience but not a threat.

Egyptian MIG-29s armed with 80 km R77 air to air missile
Turkish F-16s armed with 120 km superior AIM-120C7 air to air missile

btw Egyptian F-16s armed with 11-30km AIM-7 ( so pathetic and outdated ) ......
Turkish Airforce F-16s armed with 75km AIM-120B and 120 km AIM-120C7 air to air missiles

R77 new versions have a range of 110 km
Also Egypt operates the P version of aim7 with a range of 70km.

But that wouldn't even matter that much because soo many factors decide which missile is superior not just range.

Not claiming that the Egyptian f16 is on a par with the Turkish ones. Egyptians are going to have an engagement range of around 40 to 50km meanwhile Turkish f16 are going to have almost double that but calling Egyptian f16 toothless is unfair and untrue.

Turkish Airforce S400 Air Defense System ( 400km 4ON6E air to air missile )

Read my comments iam not gonna repeat myself.

also upcoming 100 F-35A stealth Fighter Jets or SU-57 Fighter Jets from
Now a 100 of those would give you a massive advantage as they are harder to detect and shoot down also allow certain tactics that f16 wouldn't dream of. But a 100 of those would equal more than 3 times what you have currently in your airforce so it seems to me like wishful thinking. Especially after s400

if you are so ignorant its your problem .... Turkish Armed Forces have the strongest fire power in the region and its so effective

All Greek Air Defense Systems , Air Bases , Jet Hangars , Navy-Naval Ports , Military and Strategic targets are in range of Turkish Missile Systems

-- 120 km TRG-300 guided MLRS
-- 150 km J600-T Tactical Ballistic Missile
-- 280 km KHAN Tactical Ballistic Missile
-- 220 km ATMACA Land/Naval based Cruise Missile ....( land attack / anti ship )
-- 250+ km SOM Cruise Missile ..... ( land attack / anti ship )
-- also Turkish KGK Smart Bomb ( 110 km )

I used to hold the believe that ballistic missiles are unbeatable however the recent Saudi success makes me doubt that with that said I still think that you are close enough to Greece to hurt them with volume also given Greece's lake of depth but you are too far from Egypt to be effective with ballistic missile bombardment (which is your only hope of hitting anything in Egypt) which is what I meant.

Don't know Greece's plans or capabilities to counter you.

between 2019 and 2022 Turkey create great Air Defense capability to counter all threats

I see the Turkish leadership agree with me but until that happens (in large numbers also Turkish technology isn't proven that's something to watch for)you wouldn't be able to use s400 even if it was delivered today.

Egyptian S300 is a toy for Turkish Airforce F-16s ( SPEWS-II self protection Electronic Warfare suite and 250km+ SOM

Again very cartoonish idea of war Egypt wouldn't allow you to get to s300 range and if you did it wouldn't be just s300.

If Egyptians make a dumb move you need to fight us allone.

See my previous comments and you would realise Egyptian leadership isn't the irrational type the same can't be said about turkish leadership (making enemies left and right even as far as china)

Turkey's Military capabilities increasing year after year with domestic weapons especially NAVY projects

The same can be said about Egypt just recently Egypt signed a contract for 6 miko frigates to be followed by contract of Chinese submarines.

while you guys rely on second class foreign vessels with downgraded systems, so your chances shrinking year by year.

The suggestion that turkey can relay on domestic production is ludicrous given that countries like france and England relay on American parts and technologies.
And let's not forget that the only reason you have a military production in the first place is your NATO status.
And don't worry we have started serious weapons development however it is in its infancy.

77b51244141518d68e44250cfb1d78d3.jpg

Egypt vessel from France/Italy have no Fire-Control-Radar and no Armaments because the French won't give it to them. So they paid several hundreds of Saudi Arabias money for the hull of ships they will never be able to use in combat. So much for the Egypt Navy, the rest is so old that the sailors of those ships would surrender the second a Turkish Vessel engages them in a fight.

Egypt should rather try to actually beat the dudes in pjamas in sinai before trying to provoke a country 10 levels above it in terms of Quality. And maybe as a change try some independence. Cause in 2 years the new american president will sanction the shit out of SA/UAE, which means no money for Egypt and its military which means no military which means ISIS gonna take over half the country in 2 years. And Egypt is gonna become the next Syria/Lybia.:coffee:

I think the Arab world should unite all its forces and then conquer and Arabize everyone in the region, Iran, Turkey, Kurdustan and Afghoonistan.

Then there's no more diversity and no more problems

I think the Arab world should unite all its forces and then conquer and Arabize everyone in the region, Iran, Turkey, Kurdustan and Afghoonistan.

Then there's no more diversity and no more problems

I think the Arab world should first unite and then try to be independent first.

Don't mistake either Iran or Turkey with your own nations whose borders are decided on the English / french table.

Egypt already received 50 and had troubles with the second deal but not anymore.
https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...xport_of_Scalp_Missiles_to_Egypt#.XNCwgknTU0M
(Ofcourse you can't forget the 600ish + 200ish missiles operated by Saudi and UAE which would be given to Egypt in the case of running low on munitions. Perks of having allies)

Egypt wants to buy Cruise Missile from France but the US block sale of French cruise missile to Egypt
and pathetic slaves Saudi and UAE even can not go to toilet without American permison

Egypt,Saudi Arabia and the Uae can not develop even missiles

on the other hand Turkey develops its own weapons including Anti Tank Missile , Ballistic Missile , Cruise Missile , Anti ship Missile , Air defense missile , Air to Air Missile

I feel like you should be reading way more on the subject of military strategy/history/tactics and less reading of spec sheets of weapons.

To fire /target Egyptian city's you have to first fly undetected (by Greece/Cyprus then by Egyptian navy and then Egyptian airforce and then Egyptian air defence) chance of that happening is zero but let's think of the most likely scenario.

Turkey doesnt need target Egyptian cities or Egyptian EEZ
Turkey just want to protect its own EEZ in the Eastern Mediterranean
and Egypt is barking to attack Turkey but Egyptian Navy-Airforce can not reach even to Cyprus

-- by 2019 Turkey will have S400
and 400km S400 4N06E Air Defense Missiles can turn Egyptian Fighter Jets into crap of metal over the Eastern Mediterranean
-- Turkish Navy 12 Frigates armed with 608 of ESSM and SM-1 Air Defense Missiles can turn Egyptian Fighter Jets into crap of metal over the Eastern Mediterranean
-- Turkish Navy 16 Frigates , 4 Corvettes , 22 FACs and 8 Submarines armed with 360 HARPOON anti ship Missiles to destroy Egyptian Navy
-- Turkey has developed 220+ km ATMACA anti ship missile .... Land based Coastal Defense Variant will protect
Turkish EEZ in the Eastern Mediterranean , nobody can enter Turkish EEZ without Turkish permission
-- Turkish Airforce 230+ F-16s armed with superior 75km AIM-120B and 120km AIM-120C7 air to air missiles and 4 Boeing E7T AEWCs to beat Egyptian Airforce in BVR combat over the Eastern Mediterranean
-- Turkey has developed 300km SOM Cruise Missile ... land attack anti ship capability
so Turkish Airforce F-16s and F-4s armed with 415 SOM anti ship missiles and 90 HARM anti radiotion Missiles to destroy Egyptian Navy ( Egyptian Frigates has only 160 SM-1 and ASTER-15 air defense missiles )

and about Turkish strike senario

-- Turkish Airforce 400km S400 Air Defense Missiles can protect Turkish Airforce F-16s and F-4s
57f9rrlw.jpg

-- Egyptian Navy can be destroyed by Turkish Airforce 44 F-4s armed with 88 units of 300km SOM anti ship missiles and 29 F-16 block50+ armed with 58 units of 150km HARM anti radiotion missiles

-- also Turkish Navy 8 Type-209 class Submarines armed with HARPOON anti ship missiles and DM2A4 and TIGERFISH heavy torpedos , also 4 MEKO-200 Truck-I Frigates and 4 ADA class Corvettes armed with 64 HARPOON anti ship missiles to destroy Egyptian Navy

-- Turkish Navy 12 Frigates ( 8 OHP and 4 MEKO-200 Truck-II ) armed with 608 of ESSM and SM-1 Air Defense Missiles can block half of Eastern Mediterranean against Egyptian Fighter Jets

( also 7 Boeing KC-135 air refueling Tankers and Boeing E7T AEWCs will join to operation )
-- Turkish Airforce 100 F-16s can take off at the same time armed with 200 SOM Cruise Missiles to attack Cairo from 300 km away
e4kazx2x.jpg

and Egyptian S300 can not do anything against Turkish F-16s and Egyptian S300 will be destroyed

never forget that Turkey and Israel have the best technology in the region
Turkish Airforce F-16s ( SPEWS-II self protection Electronic Warfare suite and 300km SOM stealth Cruise Missile to destroy Egyptian S-300s )

then bye bye Egypt because of Egyptian medium range Air Defense Systems never can stop Turkish Airforce F-16s and F-4s Fighter Jets , AKSUNGUR and AKINCI UCAVs armed with 110 km Turkish KGK smart Bombs
eprto6ok.jpg

also Smart Pneumatic Quad Rack

F-16s will carry total of 8 Miniature Bombs to attack 8 different targets in one sortie

Weight : 170 kg
Payload capacity : 4 x 2 Miniature Bombs ( range of 100 km )
Platforms : F-16 Block40

zeiznasq.jpg

icxtjh82.jpg

hxryb2sv.jpg

btw Turkey has developed KALE KTJ-3200 Turbojet engine for SOM air launched Cruise Missile to replace French TRI-40 engine

so SOM air launched Cruise Missile reach range of 500+ km with indigenous KALE KTJ-3200 Turbojet engine
and Turkey can produce even 1.000 SOM air launched Cruise Missiles
good luck you will need it

even I am not talking about upcoming 1.000 km Turkish BORA Ballistic Missile and 800 km GEZGIN land and naval based Cruise Missile

I am saying again Turkey doesnt need target Egyptian cities or Egyptian EEZ
andEgyptian Navy-Airforce can not reach even to Cyprus

Last edited:
I think the Arab world should first unite and then try to be independent first.

Don't mistake either Iran or Turkey with your own nations whose borders are decided on the English / french table.

That's what I am saying.

These borders in the Arab world aren't needed, 22 states should be one big federation with these countries being provinces. But USA won't like it, would cause 'power imbalance' in the region.

Borders aren't important, that aside many Arab states fought more wars than our neighbors to maintain borders so flawed argument.

More likely that Jesus will come down for a second time.

And he will ride the horse with the Arab sword to Arabize us all

Egypt wants to buy Cruise Missile from France but the US block sale of French cruise missile to Egypt
and pathetic slaves Saudi and UAE even can not go to toilet without American permison

Egypt,Saudi Arabia and the Uae can not develop even missiles

on the other hand Turkey develops its own weapons including Anti Tank Missile , Ballistic Missile , Cruise Missile , Anti ship Missile , Air defense missile , Air to Air Missile

Turkey doesnt need target Egyptian cities or Egyptian EEZ
and Egypt is barking to attack Turkey but Egyptian Navy-Airforce can not reach even to Cyprus

-- by 2019 Turkey will have S400
and 400km S400 4N06E Air Defense Missiles can turn Egyptian Fighter Jets into crap of metal over the Eastern Mediterranean
-- Turkish Navy 12 Frigates armed with 608 of ESSM and SM-1 Air Defense Missiles can turn Egyptian Fighter Jets into crap of metal over the Eastern Mediterranean
-- Turkish Navy 16 Frigates , 4 Corvettes , 22 FACs and 8 Submarines armed with 360 HARPOON anti ship Missiles to destroy Egyptian Navy
-- Turkey has developed 220+ km ATMACA anti ship missile .... Land based Coastal Defense Variant will protect
Turkish EEZ in the Eastern Mediterranean , nobody can enter Turkish EEZ without Turkish permission
-- Turkish Airforce 230+ F-16s armed with superior 75km AIM-120B and 120km AIM-120C7 air to air missiles and 4 Boeing E7T AEWCs to beat Egyptian Airforce in BVR combat over the Eastern Mediterranean
-- Turkey has developed 300km SOM Cruise Missile ... land attack anti ship capability
so Turkish Airforce F-16s and F-4s armed with 415 SOM anti ship missiles and 90 HARM anti radiotion Missiles to destroy Egyptian Navy ( Egyptian Frigates has only 160 SM-1 and ASTER-15 air defense missiles )

and about Turkish strike senario

-- Turkish Airforce 400km S400 Air Defense Missiles can protect Turkish Airforce F-16s and F-4s
57f9rrlw.jpg

-- Egyptian Navy can be destroyed by Turkish Airforce 44 F-4s armed with 88 units of 300km SOM anti ship missiles and 29 F-16 block50+ armed with 58 units of 150km HARM anti radiotion missiles

-- also Turkish Navy 8 Type-209 class Submarines armed with HARPOON anti ship missiles and DM2A4 and TIGERFISH heavy torpedos , also 4 MEKO-200 Truck-I Frigates and 4 ADA class Corvettes armed with 64 HARPOON anti ship missiles to destroy Egyptian Navy

-- Turkish Navy 12 Frigates ( 8 OHP and 4 MEKO-200 Truck-II ) armed with 608 of ESSM and SM-1 Air Defense Missiles can block half of Eastern Mediterranean against Egyptian Fighter Jets

( also 7 Boeing KC-135 air refueling Tankers and Boeing E7T AEWCs will join to operation )
-- Turkish Airforce 100 F-16s can take off at the same time armed with 200 SOM Cruise Missiles to attack Cairo from 300 km away
e4kazx2x.jpg

and Egyptian S300 can not do anything against Turkish F-16s and Egyptian S300 will be destroyed

never forget that Turkey and Israel have the best technology in the region
Turkish Airforce F-16s ( SPEWS-II self protection Electronic Warfare suite and 300km SOM stealth Cruise Missile to destroy Egyptian S-300s )

then bye bye Egypt because of Egyptian medium range Air Defense Systems never can stop Turkish Airforce F-16s and F-4s Fighter Jets , AKSUNGUR and AKINCI UCAVs armed with 110 km Turkish KGK smart Bombs
eprto6ok.jpg

also Smart Pneumatic Quad Rack

F-16s will carry total of 8 Miniature Bombs to attack 8 different targets in one sortie

Weight : 170 kg
Payload capacity : 4 x 2 Miniature Bombs ( range of 100 km )
Platforms : F-16 Block40

zeiznasq.jpg

icxtjh82.jpg

hxryb2sv.jpg

btw Turkey has developed KALE KTJ-3200 Turbojet engine for SOM air launched Cruise Missile to replace French TRI-40 engine

so SOM air launched Cruise Missile reach range of 500+ km with indigenous KALE KTJ-3200 Turbojet engine
and Turkey can produce even 1.000 SOM air launched Cruise Missiles
good luck you will need it

even I am not talking about upcoming 1.000 km Turkish BORA Ballistic Missile and 800 km GEZGIN land and naval based Cruise Missile

GOT Erdogan Trump.jpg

Now a 100 of those would give you a massive advantage as they are harder to detect and shoot down also allow certain tactics that f16 wouldn't dream of. But a 100 of those would equal more than 3 times what you have currently in your airforce so it seems to me like wishful thinking. Especially after s400

Turkey is a global partner of F-35 program and Turkey buys 30 F-35A until 2023 and total of 100 F-35A until 2030
rgjvibg2.jpg

nwa6mgkr.jpg

SOM-J Cruise Missile

National origin : TURKEY
-- Length : 4 m
-- Weight : 500 kg
-- Warhead : 140 kg ( blast frag , semi-armor piercing )
-- Speed : 0.95 mach
-- Long range 150+ nm ( 277+ km )
-- Internal F-35 carriage-capable
-- precision strike capability against both land or sea targets
-- Terrain hugging and Sea skimming
-- Low observable
-- Highly survivable
-- High precision navigation with INS/GPS/TRN/IBN
-- Highly precise terminal guidance with IIR and data fusion
-- Target of opportunity capability
-- In-flight retargeting capability
-- Network enabled capability
-- Universal armament interface compatibility

jtrzydyc.jpg

even without F-35 Turkish Airforce will have same capability

in IDEF 2019 TAI officially announced GOKSUNGUR Supersonic UCAV program

also Baykar MIUS stealth UCAV by 2023

3,5-4 tons MTOW
1.000 kg payload
Aselsan GaN based AESA Radar ( ( air search , Synthetic Aperture , weather )
Artificial Intelligence Algorithms
Aselsan Electronic Data Gathering ( ELINT / COMINT )
SATCOM with Turksat-6A Communication Satellite ( thousands of km Combat Radius )
TEI Turbofan Engine
Speed of mach 0,8
40.000 feet altitude
Air to Air Missiles
SOM-J Network enabled Cruise Missile ( 4m - 500kg , range of 280km , land attack-anti ship capability )
Strategic strike , SEAD/DEAD role

MIUS UCAV concept designs
baykar-mius-a.jpg

baykar-mius-b.jpg

SOM-J Network enabled stealth Cruise Missile ( 4m - 500kg , range of 280km , land attack-anti ship capability )
Strategic strike , SEAD/DEAD role .... good luck to Enemies , They will need it
e4kazx2x.jpg

also HAVASOJ Stand-Off Jammer Shadow Project ... ( only Israel and Turkey in the region )

Remote Electronic Support and Electronic Attack (ED / ET) capability project (HAVASOJ - Air Stand Off Jammer) in the air platform

Airborne SOJ will be produced for the purpose of detecting and diagnosing enemy communicationsystems and radars (air defense, early warning, etc.), finding their location, and mixing and deceiving these systems in order not to use them against friendly elements, especially in cross-border operations
4 Aircrafts deliveries will be made between 2023-2025

dld743tw.jpg

on the other hand led by ERDOGAN Turkish Army blocked the US-France-Israel backed terror coridor in N.Syria
d4e6e1fa-0fa6-4a7b-ab16-825054a1e4d0.jpeg

So this is the kind of pictures your Anadolu agency and AKP affiliate news portals deliver to the Turkish people. LOL

The real picture is below.

Erodgan Trump.png

Egypt warns Turkey against drilling in E. Mediterranean
May 05 2019
Egypt on Saturday warned Turkey against drilling for natural gas off Cyprus, citing the impact of Turkey’s planned move on the security and stability in East Mediterranean Sea, the Egypt Independent online newspaper reported.

“Any actions by states in the region need to abide by the rules of international law and its provisions,” the newspaper quoted the Egyptian foreign ministry as saying.

Turkey has announced its intention to explore the East Mediterranean for oil and gas while stating it considers the 2013 Egyptian-Cypriot agreement on utilisation of natural sources in East Mediterranean’s economic zone to be invalid, the newspaper said.

Ankara is preparing to send its “Fatih” vessel to the area to conduct drilling for oil and gas amid an ongoing dispute with Greece and Cyprus over the island's exclusive economic zoneand drilling hydrocarbons in the gas- rich Eastern Mediterranean.

The EU on Saturday also urged Turkey to reconsider plans to start exploratory drilling for oil and gas off Cyprus, a move has been condemned as illegal by the European Union.

The Egypt Independent quoted Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu as saying that “Turkish Cypriots have undeniable rights on the island of Cyprus,” and “no foreign entity, company or vessel can carry out any illegal scientific research or exploration of oil and gas in the continental shelf of Turkey and its maritime areas.”

Turkey, the only country to recognise the breakaway Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, doesn’t have diplomatic relations with the internationally recognised government of Greek Cyprus and claims that part of the Cyprus offshore area remains under the jurisdiction of Turkish Cypriots or Turkey.
https://ahvalnews.com/east-mediterranean/egypt-warns-turkey-against-drilling-e-mediterranean
Agreement was between Egypt and Cyprus. Turkey have nothing to do with it. You guys comply by your own and don't father how to make sons

Back
Top Bottom