What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Hell NO @Gomig-21 Relax and Take it from someone who actually served and used to wear those vests. Ammo was not an issue at all. We just used separate ammo satchels that were located at the side of the hip. It actually felt more comfortable knowing that when crap hit the fan, you could easily pull the magazine from the side like reaching for something in your pocket rather than patting your chest looking for the damn thing.

Look at this, guys. First picture of EAF A-400M Transport. Nice camo, too.

DSIq768XcAAyI0F.jpg

and this one is from an UK line...
Well... Can't really understand all this secrecy...

Here's the link. The 12 were the original number thought to be ordered but some Airbus officials are downplaying that number saying it's not nearly that high.

The first A400M (SU-BUX) military transport plane with desert camo of the Egyptian Air Force was spotted at the Seville Airport in Spain.

The first photograph of A400M of the Egyptian Air Force was released by Airspotters.org on its page at Facebook.

According to some source, Egypt has ordered 12 Airbus A400M military transport planes for €1.8bn in 2015. The sale to Egypt was first reported by AndaluciaInformaciones.es, a Spanish news website, which said that Pilar Albiac, the Airbus DS executive vice-president for operations, told the Airbus DS board that Egypt had made its first order during a meeting at the Seville plant, where the A400M is assembled.

Another Spanish media outlet, Infodefensa.com, quoted an unidentified industry official as confirming the deal, but saying that “the number of aircraft is much exaggerated.” An Egyptian contract for that many aircraft “is not going to happen,” the official said.

http://defence-blog.com/news/first-egypts-a400m-military-transporter-spotted-in-spain.html

lol, haram 3aleik ya gada3, the pic looks 100x more real and high-res than the ones you posted which actually look like they're the ones photoshopped. :-)

DSIhwkOWAAEetRn.jpg:large

Terribly done! :lol:

Something to consider; what are the chances that Airspotters puts its watermark on fake photos?

The real question is if the aircraft is a demonstration/mock-up for a possible Egyptian deal or if there is in fact a deal. Anyway, we'll find out at some point.

@Hell NO @Gomig-21 Relax and Take it from someone who actually served and used to wear those vests. Ammo was not an issue at all. We just used separate ammo satchels that were located at the side of the hip. It actually felt more comfortable knowing that when crap hit the fan, you could easily pull the magazine from the side like reaching for something in your pocket rather than patting your chest looking for the damn thing.

The vest itself in Egyptian service is a Chinese knock off of an American design that was phased out a long time ago.

The OD satchel should not be substituted for webbing. That provides the same feeling but with much better usability and utility. Usual load out:

2-3 3X magazine pouches on the left.
3X utility pouches to the rear carrying water bottle, mess tins, and radio/rations/ancils
2X smoke grenade pouches/back up tea thermos holders on the right
1/2X fragmentation grenade pouches on the right

This leaves the front of the combat body armour if wearing one clear allowing the wearer to both fire comfortably in prone and avoid everything on their midriff blowing into their face if they hit an IED. Also you still have what you need to fight if an emergency situation occurs where you need to remove CBA.

If the CBA has molle, which it should, then this is the typical load out:

Med pouch under right elbow
Grenadier pouches across midriff or bandolier slung across body
Side arm holstered on chest, underneath med pouch, or on belt depending on preference
Admin pouch with aide memoirs/maps on chest or under left arm usually NCOs and Officers only
9mm pouches and/or extra ammunition pouches under left elbow/above webbing ammunition pouches
Personal role radio and presell on top left shoulder

BI.jpg
BI2.jpg

BI3.jpg

Since the majority of vests and CBA have molle nowadays you can easily move the magazine pouches to the bottom left too and have you whole load on it without the webbing. Although I'm not too big a fan of that.

BI4.jpg

Also using the vest and practicing often enough will make operating with ammunition on the front second nature as well.

BI5.jpg

Last edited:
The vest itself in Egyptian service is a Chinese knock off of an American design that was phased out a long time ago.

The OD satchel should not be substituted for webbing. That provides the same feeling but with much better usability and utility. Usual load out:

2-3 3X magazine pouches on the left.
3X utility pouches to the rear carrying water bottle, mess tins, and radio/rations/ancils
2X smoke grenade pouches/back up tea thermos holders on the right
1/2X fragmentation grenade pouches on the right

I'm well aware of that. I was just explaining how we used to improvise our way around that problem, but I totally agree that our grunts really need and deserve a much better alternative. Hopefully this issue was resolved during the time since I left service.

View attachment 445391

M1A1 Tanks (domestically produced ) from the forth armored Division of The Egyptain Army
I was just wondering whether Egypt is allowed to buy upgrade packs for conversion to M1A2, or to add on new armour and an APS. Then, the tanks would be badass. Nowadays, it is not really a match to Israeli merkavas, so something must be thought up.

I was just wondering whether Egypt is allowed to buy upgrade packs for conversion to M1A2, or to add on new armour and an APS. Then, the tanks would be badass. Nowadays, it is not really a match to Israeli merkavas, so something must be thought up.
Even upgraded..(unlikely..but Egypt can do almost any own upgrade on them).. they won't match the Trophy antimissile system on the Merkavas.. not the latter per se.. Egypt just needs its own Trophy equivalent.. and hopefully it is working on it..

@Mhmoud
Egypt is having 755 M1A1 up-grade to the M1A2 SEP..

Some active protection system like the Chinese GL5 should do it though:

APS%2BGL-5%2BChina.jpg

APS%2BGL-5%2BChina%2B3.png

Last edited:
@Hell NO @Gomig-21 Relax and Take it from someone who actually served and used to wear those vests.

Just FYI, Crocs, there is no tension in these conversations, in case you were wondering. This whole "lack of amo vests" and slew of different rifles and even the rumor of the 500 T-90MS contract are all just certain topics that some members are passionate about and when I refer to them as not being happy about something, it's just tongue and cheek and nobody takes it as a serious criticism of certain members. They all know I mean nothing but love and it's all in good fun. :-) It also makes for good conversation and we all learn from others.

Every once in a while you'll get someone who snaps (like Frogman :lol: ) then we just have to bring out the love and hugs and kisses and calm everything down.

BTW, speaking of Crocodile, do you know how much of the Timsah is locally designed/engineered/produced?

They should build a civilian version, just like Jeep and Hummer did and look how successful those were in the civilian market. I could use me one of these for off-roading.

6443441_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

@Gomig-21 I'm afraid they started production of this beauty shortly after I left service. My information on it are no better than what's available on public sources. If they ever start producing a civilian version, they could make some good money marketing it to the tafheet and hagwala fans in KSA.:lol:

On another note, I'm really looking forward to the development of a new heavy, 6 wheeled APC design to replace the aging Fahd. In addition to a complete overhaul of the regular infantry forces in terms of weapons and equipment. It's overdue.

That's up there at the top of my wish list along with the production of a native main battle tank with a design based on the M1, Joining the FC-1 program and producing our own variant, production of heavier classes of ships like Corvettes and destroyers at Alexandria shipyards. We have the infrastructure and expertise. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom