What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Indeed, which is why I'm slightly sceptical. I sent it to a friend for geolocation so we will see if he is able to tell where the videos were filmed. He said the first video with Pechora-2Ms looks a lot like area around Cairo but will specify the location later. Definitely suspicious, unless there is some exercise planned? I guess we might find out soon.
But I think 2 weeks ago some tanks unit moved to the borders. Since things are getting heated up and Egypt told to Israel that the IDF can't surpass an area called Philadelphia in Gaza so maybe it is a warning for Israel.

Mobilizing air defense systems such as SA-11 & SA-3 is to show a message that the Egyptian army is ready and that plans to displace the Palestinians in Gaza will turn into a war between Egypt and Israel and that the Egyptian deployment in Sinai has already been completed.

Israel knows full well that Egypt now is not like Egypt in 1973
Rocket artillery has a range of 400 kilometers, meaning its presence in Sinai with quantities of hundreds of missiles is enough to destroy half of Israel.

The war in Gaza made it clear that the Israeli army is not trained and is not really ready to fight, and their air superiority is limited due to the lack of similar forces among the Palestinians.
The Israelis complain that Egypt has 2,000 ballistic missiles, and of course Egypt may launch 1,000 missiles at the Israeli naval air bases, its industrial zones, and its land bases in Israel, until it causes real paralysis in them.

Israel cannot bear the escalation of the situation in southern Lebanon, the West Bank, and Gaza. Can it bear the opening of a new front against Egypt?

Everyone is still enjoying Israel's depletion of its ground capabilities currently and the state of terror in which the Israeli soldiers live, in which the extent of the cowardice and weakness they suffer from has been exposed. They are hiding inside the tanks and so as not to confront Palestine. He carries a bomb and places it on the tank. They see him with cameras and wait for the bomb to explode in them.

1700422106325.png

But all of this also demonstrates the disregard of the head of the Egyptian regime for the Palestinian deaths, which reached 12,000 without violent reactions, and it affects those who honor all the rule, the players and Muslims, the first of whom is the Egyptian, who does not dare to speak.

The Egyptian army's earth-shattering response to the Israeli army's calls to launch a military attack on Egypt

@Gomig-21 @Hydration @Buschlaid you can be interested to see those Saa'kas soldiers.

Discipline! Did you notice something interesting?

Saw this pic today and it's the first one I've ever seen with exposed insignias, but not sure if the flag & roundel or even camo are photo shopped or not. Still, it just ignites the pain again of the shame that this happened. They were scheduled to all be delivered by the end of this year which is just over a month from now.

1700532891570.png

The more this gets rehashed the more frustrating it is to know that possibly half of the $2.5 billion was paid, and for 28 or 30 aircraft how many pilots would've been trained? Double the number of aircraft so two per? So let's say 60 pilots were most likely fully trained or close to it. Then you have possibly 4 or 6 crewman per aircraft, and they might not train that many at first because that would be a huge number of people so maybe train half and that group trains the rest once the aircraft are delivered in country. So we can take 3 per aircraft just to be safe that makes 90 crewmen trained extensively to maintain those large aircraft and those huge engines with TVC nozzles which is a whole new technology of its own that the EAF would be dealing with for the first time. Then there's all the mechanical and avionics and such items I actually think the crewmen go through more required learning material than the pilots. There's so much mechanical stuff in those planes to learn how to keep them constantly running in tiptop shape. They own the planes more than the pilots do. Then there are also all sorts of other personnel such as the lower-level maintenance guys, the ones who have to learn proper storage of dangerous materials such as the fuel, the oil, the grease lubricants, the electrical cables, spare parts oh I almost forgot - training for fire suppression. That is a whole other dedicated field that requires A LOT of training and learning of the procedures & materials combustibility etc. Safety procedures are a major element in this field that requires A LOT of dedicated learning and training.

Speaking of fuel, in case anyone didn't notice or doesn't know, the Su-35 does not carry any fuel tanks. That's because it's such a large aircraft that they designed it specifically to hold a huge amount of internal fuel so it never really would need to carry wet bags (as they say) and with in-flight refueling capability also makes the tanks not needed. So how does it hold that much fuel? Well, according to published material from Sukhoi:

The Su-35 has a total fuel capacity of 14,350 liters of fuel. This is much more than the previous Flanker models such as the Su-30 which has a fuel capacity of 9,640 liters. The Su-35S has additional tailfin and fin-root tanks to increase its range and endurance. The fuel tanks are packed with polyurethane foam which holds the fuel better and keeps it from moving around with the jet's maneuvering and the foam is contained inside the fuel tanks which are made of aluminum lithium and are located in the wings, fuselage and the twin tailfins.

So think about the maintenance of that type of fueling system and its maintenance requirements and the amount of fuel needed at all times with the safety procedures that need to be taught & always followed. Plus you have the brutal heat of Egypt in the summertime which probably adds to the safety factor. It's not like Russia's mostly cold & snowy weather.

All the yellow frame ribbing in this diagram is where the fuel cells packed with foam & fuel are, including both tail fins. This is the SU-35BM which is simply the prototype to the Su-35S.

1700539209591.png

The storing and loading of the weapons. The missiles and bombs and we all know what & how much the Su-35S can carry and there's all the special vehicles to move all the weapons around from storage depots to the aircraft and connecting them and disarming or arming and then removing after a training mission I could probably write a book on what it would require to run and field just one squadron of Su-35S let alone 2+. Then there's all the towing hitches with the cables linking the rear gears so that not all the pulling pressure is only on the front gear. All the towing vehicles and learning how to maneuver the aircraft with such large wings into hangers and so on. And if you think about it, all this stuff never really gets mentioned or talked about but it's a HUGE part of this whole order that was stopped because the US wants to hurt Russia in any way it can, so it comes up with a bill called CAATSA. We might not have a choice anymore and just go full Chinese mode if the French don't give us the MICA NG & the meteor. It will be time to move on after this super painful experience.

I look at this amazing image and just can't imagine such a thing happened! It's truly unbelievable. And now we're stuck with all those 60+ trained pilots, 90+ trained crewmen, another 50 for fire/safety/weapons/moving equipment and the loss of $1.25 billion. And like a pathetic bleeding heart, I admit I am still holding onto a glimmer of hope that somehow, someway Sisi will deal with the Americans and fulfill this order before it's too late. These aircraft can only sit around for so long. Russia is not going to let them rot and if it can't find a client, it'll refit them for the VKS. Oh and that also reminded me that these were all customized to work with Egyptian air defense network. So they are tailored fit for the EAF and its particular air defense and early warning system.

1700534289824.png

Last edited:
@LeGenD & @waz , could you fellas please remove the totally useless trolling post above. There's really no need for such insulting trolling pathetic rubbish on a great thread like this. Thank you.

Discipline! Did you notice something interesting?

Saw this pic today and it's the first one I've ever seen with exposed insignias, but not sure if the flag & roundel or even camo are photo shopped or not. Still, if just ignites the pain again of the shame that this happened. They were scheduled to all be delivered by the end of this year which is just over a month from now.

View attachment 1030534

The more this gets rehashed the more frustrating it is to know that possibly half the $2.5 billion was paid, and for 28 or 30 aircraft how many pilots would've been trained? Double the number of aircraft so two per? So let's say 60 pilots were most likely fully trained or close to it. Then you have possibly 4 or 6 crewman per aircraft, and they might not train that many at first because that would be a huge number of people so maybe train half and that group trains the rest once the aircraft are delivered in country. So we can take 3 per aircraft just to be safe that makes 90 crewmen trained extensively to maintain those huge engines and TVC nozzles which is a whole technology sector of its own. Then there's all the mechanical and avionics and such items I actually think the crewmen go through more required learning material than the pilots. They own the planes more than the pilots do. Then there are also all sorts of other personnel such as the lower-level maintenance guys, the ones who have to learn proper storage of dangerous materials such as the fuel, the oil, the grease lubricants, the electrical cables, oh I almost forgot - training for fire suppression. That is a whole other dedicated field that requires A LOT of training and learning of procedures & materials. Safety procedures are a major element in this field that requires A LOT of dedicated learning and training.

Speaking of fuel, in case anyone didn't notice or doesn't know, the Su-35 does not carry any fuel tanks. That's because it's such a large aircraft that they designed it specifically to hold a huge amount of internal fuel so it never really would need to carry wet bags (as they say) and with in-flight refueling capability also makes the tanks not needed. So how does it hold that much fuel? Well, according to published material from Sukhoi:

The Su-35 has a total fuel capacity of 14,350 liters of fuel. This is much more than the previous Flanker models such as the Su-30 which has a fuel capacity of 9,640 liters. The Su-35S has additional tailfin and fin-root tanks to increase its range and endurance. The fuel tanks are made are packed with polyurethane foam which holds the fuel better and keeps it from moving around with the jet's maneuvering and the polyurethane foam is contained inside the fuel tanks which are made of aluminum lithium and are located in the wings, fuselage and the twin tailfins.

So think about the maintenance of that type of fuel storage within the aircraft and the amount of fuel needed at all times with the safety procedures that need to be taught & followed.

All the yellow frame ribbing in this diagram is where the fuel is filled into fuel cells that contain the baffle polyurethane foam that is placed in the fuel cells fitted within that framing ribbing. This is the SU-35BM which is simply the prototype to the Su-35S.

View attachment 1030549

The storing and loading of the weapons. The missiles and bombs and we all know what the Su-35S can carry and there's all the special vehicles to move all the weapons around from storage depots to the aircraft and connecting them and disarming or arming and then removing after a training mission I could probably write a book on what it could require to run and field just one squadron of Su-35S let alone 2+. And if you think about it, all this stuff never really gets mentioned or talked about but it's a HUGE part of this whole order that was stopped because the US wants to hurt Russia any way it can. We might not have a choice anymore and just go full Chinese if the French don't give us the MICA NG & the meteor. It will be time to move on after this super painful experience.

I look at this amazing image and just can't imagine such a thing happened! It's truly unbelievable. And now we're stuck with all those 60+ trained pilots, 90+ trained crewmen, another 50 for fire/safety/weapons/moving equipment and the loss of $1.25 billion. And like a pathetic bleeding heart, I admit I am still holding onto a glimmer of hope that somehow, someway Sisi will deal with the Americans and fulfill this order before it's too late. These aircraft can only sit around for so long. Russia is not going to let them rot and if it can't find a client, it'll refit them for the VKS. Oh and that also reminded me that these were all customized to work with Egyptian air defense network. So they are tailor fit for the EAF and its particular air defense and early warning system.

View attachment 1030538
The first image is from DCS something like that and not an official photo.

Some never-before-seen images of the EAF's Su-35Ss being built. Notice the canvass covers on the radomes. Some in pre-paint state and some in after-paint.

[KnAAZ] Photos from July, 2021
The Su-35 is an exported model according to the 08309 fins as an Egyptian Su-35.
3 Egyptian Su-35s in this hall and 08309.
A Su-35 export in flight tests, unless I'm mistaken, the tail cone seems to be modified
To date 10 Egyptian Su-35s

1700592264273.png

1700592318192.png

1700592383227.png

Is the rear stinger modified? It looks like maybe he's right there seems to be an additional gadget above the standard MAWS sensor. Can anyone else tell? @The SC or @Ghostkiller @mack8 or @sami_1 @Hydration

1700592706094.png

Does that particular stinger in the above pic look the like it's the luminescent formation light strips like the one below over the MAWS sensor, or does it look like it might be a bit larger, like an actual protruding formation light? Or maybe a different type of sensor since there are also additional formation light strips on top of the tail fins?

1700593527625.png

Last edited:
Thanks, Waz. I edited my post as well just FYI.

If anyone comes again let me know.
One thing I will ask is do not insult a nation back, it makes you no better than the trolling posts.
It’s not you but other posts which have been deleted.

No one’s hands are clean here, and every Muslim nation has faults.
However that shouldn’t be a cloud over the fact that Egypt was the fortress of Islam, from which every counter assault was launched against the crusaders, Mongols etc. The Egyptian people will rise again inshallah.

Last edited:

"Egypt ordered an initial batch of 24 Dassault Rafales in 2015, and another 30 in 2021. The EAF Rafales have been armed with MICA air-to-air missiles, HAMMER stand-off weapons, Al Tariq guided munitions, and SCALP cruise missiles."

Egypt has intergrated AT missile on our Rafales. Good news. But it can't be an alternative to JDAMs?
@Gomig-21 @The SC

Last edited:
Here's my 2 cents worth regarding the EAF SU-35 Deal that I posted on ACIG a while back.

From an Egyptian regime military mouthpiece page we have the following information regarding the Su-35 saga.

The deal is currently 'suspended' pending major improvements stipulated by the EAF, but considering the current international climate I would say that the deal will be cancelled altogether, even if the EAF pilots were still in Russia at the time of the report being written.

So here is a summary of what was in the report:

There indeed were 5 aircraft delivered to Egypt. These 5 aircraft were subjected to a considerable amount of testing and were trialled in several exercises, including international exercises in Egypt (read with the French) and the results were disastrous.

The IRBIS-E radar did not function as advertised and detection ranges were just over half of what the Russians had been claiming. Furthermore, the Radar could not guide a missile beyond 100kms, which made it useless if you had longer ranged missiles. Further to this the IRBIS was prone to malfunction and there were too many cases where the system failed in mid flight and would also lock up and require rebooting. The Egyptians complained to the Russians about these issues and stated basically that the aircraft was not as advertised and would not be accepted by the EAF. All 5 aircraft were promptly disassembled and shipped back to Russia pending the Russians coming up with an AESA radar based on that in the Su-57 to replace IRBIS along with a host of other requirements/improvements the Egyptians stipulated before they would be accepted. To add further insult to injury the EAF promptly informed their Algerian counterparts of the issues they'd identified.

The report further stated that the deal breaker was the aircraft's performance and not CAATSA. Due to US pressure on South Korea, certain components and materials required for the production of the radars have been withheld which has held up any further work being done in that regard.

Here's my 2 cents worth regarding the EAF SU-35 Deal that I posted on ACIG a while back.

From an Egyptian regime military mouthpiece page we have the following information regarding the Su-35 saga.

The deal is currently 'suspended' pending major improvements stipulated by the EAF, but considering the current international climate I would say that the deal will be cancelled altogether, even if the EAF pilots were still in Russia at the time of the report being written.

So here is a summary of what was in the report:

There indeed were 5 aircraft delivered to Egypt. These 5 aircraft were subjected to a considerable amount of testing and were trialled in several exercises, including international exercises in Egypt (read with the French) and the results were disastrous.

The IRBIS-E radar did not function as advertised and detection ranges were just over half of what the Russians had been claiming. Furthermore, the Radar could not guide a missile beyond 100kms, which made it useless if you had longer ranged missiles. Further to this the IRBIS was prone to malfunction and there were too many cases where the system failed in mid flight and would also lock up and require rebooting. The Egyptians complained to the Russians about these issues and stated basically that the aircraft was not as advertised and would not be accepted by the EAF. All 5 aircraft were promptly disassembled and shipped back to Russia pending the Russians coming up with an AESA radar based on that in the Su-57 to replace IRBIS along with a host of other requirements/improvements the Egyptians stipulated before they would be accepted. To add further insult to injury the EAF promptly informed their Algerian counterparts of the issues they'd identified.

The report further stated that the deal breaker was the aircraft's performance and not CAATSA. Due to US pressure on South Korea, certain components and materials required for the production of the radars have been withheld which has held up any further work being done in that regard.
Too many speculations and inconsistencies!

And..What does South Korea has to do with this?

Back
Top Bottom