What's new

End military action in Libya: Wen

ashokdeiva

Reaction score
The visiting Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Monday told Britain that Beijing was opposed to continued military action in Libya, which, instead of protecting civilians as envisaged in the U.N. resolution, had actually led to the loss of numerous innocent lives.

“Foreign troops can win the war but not peace,” he said, addressing a joint press conference with his British counterpart David Cameron after holding talks as part of the annual U.K.-China Strategic Summit.

The Hindu : News / International : End military action in Libya: Wen

Does this show that Chinese are interested in world peace? are the Chinese ready to take the torch in a marathon from USA as a global player?

They already put fundamental in Libya for another mess, they are now providing arms to fighters and then these fighters will be terrorists after any EU or American army get control so total destabilization of north Africa.
Basic aim was to bring Qaddhafi for peaceful solution but they invade and now they are killing innocent people.
China should take step with Russia to stop these war mongering countries and enemies of peace camouflaged in shape of NATO.

cheap talk. dont get it wrong, its wise to just talk. take action mean taxpayer money go away, and Chinese government will never do it.
i know many Chinese hardcore nationalist member in this forum, but they cant represent majority of Chinese people. China dont have a penny spare for any foreign country.

The visiting Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Monday told Britain that Beijing was opposed to continued military action in Libya, which, instead of protecting civilians as envisaged in the U.N. resolution, had actually led to the loss of numerous innocent lives.

“Foreign troops can win the war but not peace,” he said, addressing a joint press conference with his British counterpart David Cameron after holding talks as part of the annual U.K.-China Strategic Summit.

Does this show that Chinese are interested in world peace? are the Chinese ready to take the torch in a marathon from USA as a global player?

Its about time I think other nations should step up too like India and Russia and we will follow to put pressure on GHETOO I mean NATO

Its about time I think other nations should step up too like India and Russia and we will follow to put pressure on GHETOO I mean NATO

so you are saying that we must help gadafi to continue his 40 year old dictatorship in libya , i don't think the people of libya with agree with you on that , i am not a big supporter of nato , but what nato is currently doing in libya is correct , time for gadafi to go.

so you are saying that we must help gadafi to continue his 40 year old dictatorship in libya , i don't think the people of libya with agree with you on that , i am not a big supporter of nato , but what nato is currently doing in libya is correct , time for gadafi to go.

For the love of vishnu stop sucking up to the white man.
you can't even think properly b/c you're too busy defending them.

Bombing a country doesn't help anybody. Even if the citizens ask for it, it shouldn't be done. The country will turn into another Afghanistan or Yemen. These people are tribal so the country is already messed up. You don't need to add fuel to the fire. Let them fix their shi t.

Look at Iraq ffs. A million dead and millions more injured and for what? Saddam's gone. Big whoop!

only guns and money would become pressure, diplomacy itself is useless. guns and money, do u have it? do u have troops capable against NATO? do u have money bride their member country to stop it?
this whole Libya stuff to me prove Europe and America is the center of the world, their words, their judge is so superior, other race and nation better keep silence when noble European doing their business.

For the love of vishnu stop sucking up to the white man.
you can't even think properly b/c you're too busy defending them.

Bombing a country doesn't help anybody. Even if the citizens ask for it, it shouldn't be done. The country will turn into another Afghanistan or Yemen. These people are tribal so the country is already messed up. You don't need to add fuel to the fire. Let them fix their shi t.

Look at Iraq ffs. A million dead and millions more injured and for what? Saddam's gone. Big whoop!

yeah fix the sh it with some stone's and and guns in their hand's , who do you think they are fighting, and why are you so anti-white eventhough you live in canada ????????????

China's intent to secure the oil. There is no love for peace anywhere in this world. The love is only for self interest and then several terminologies are discovered to justify it.

However, it will be better for China to relook where they want to put their eggs. Home compulsion for sure makes it necessary for China to support Gaddafi else the party line falls aside but what if the rebels actually throw off Gaddafi? Then the nice oil shipments might be more difficult to get because China support Gaddafi! Same is with Sudan. Though now the North is being supplied with the Chinese weapons, but as it looks, the oil rich south will anyway be able to repel the North. Then again the oil rich South Sudan will be a distant dream of a friend.

In truth, the world and approach was more simple for China before the Arab Spring. The basic plan was to support everybody that US and Europe opposes. Hence the love for Chavez, Al Bashir, Ahmadinejad, Gaddafi, Mugabe, other banana republics in Africa, and more recently Rajapakse (Pakistan not in the discussion here), but with the Arab spring, the problem for China is making it actually apply itself to the situation. To support anti US Gaddafi can be risky because now the rebels could take over. Same with Syria and host of other regimes who are currently in turmoil.

Further, I am sure that this time NATO and US will also ensure that when the war is over and the party has started, China may not be allowed to gatecrash as it successfully did in Iraq and Afghanistan business interests. Just when it seems that everything is figured out..

Same BS talk by commies .
China had a chance to veto it but they were more interested in business with US .
Now they are barking to show that they are in favour of World Peace . Both US and China are of the same lvl

yeah fix the sh it with some stone's and and guns in their hand's , who do you think they are fighting, and why are you so anti-white eventhough you live in canada ????????????

I'm "anti white" b/c I told you to stop sucking their ding dong? great logic bro.

Your problem is that you think without Ghadafi everything will become rosy and wonderful in Libya over night. Nope, they are a tribal society and it will only be a matter of time before s hit hits the fan again in Libya. There will always be one tribe on top with the other ones trying to take it down.

They need a cultural revolution and bombing campaigns by NATO is not gonna deliver that.

However, it will be better for China to relook where they want to put their eggs. Home compulsion for sure makes it necessary for China to support Gaddafi else the party line falls aside but what if the rebels actually throw off Gaddafi? Then the nice oil shipments might be more difficult to get because China support Gaddafi! Same is with Sudan. Though now the North is being supplied with the Chinese weapons, but as it looks, the oil rich south will anyway be able to repel the North. Then again the oil rich South Sudan will be a distant dream of a friend.

In investment, risk is proportional to reward.

If we back the wrong side, then we lose out. Fair and square.

Same with the Eurozone crisis. If the Eurozone collapses completely, we lose a massive investment.

The risk has already been factored in to the calculations. Only time will tell whether it pays off, or if we lose out.

The kind of people US is arming are absolute religious nutjob. They will provide the future fodder for Alquaida boogey man in north africa to continue zionist hegemonic goals.

Alquaida in Afghanistan = control of central asia
Al quaida in Iraq which was nonexistent during Saddam neither any Iraqi was ever found associated with any religious extremist party is today helping the zionists with their continued hold of Middle east.
And coming soon, Alquaida in Libya.

Back
Top Bottom