What's new

EU waiting for Bangladesh govt’s response over use of CRIMARIO

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

EU waiting for Bangladesh govt’s response over use of CRIMARIO​

United News of Bangladesh . Dhaka | Published: 11:41, Apr 02,2022

https://www.newagebd.net/article/16...angladesh-govts-response-over-use-of-crimario

167007_192.jpg

European Union special envoy for the Indo-Pacific Gabriele Visentin addresses an interactive session organised by Diplomatic Correspondents Association, Bangladesh at Jatiya Press Club on Friday, April 1, 2022. — UNB photo

European Union special envoy for the Indo-Pacific Gabriele Visentin has said they are still waiting for a final answer from the Bangladesh government regarding their offer to use a maritime awareness system named CRIMARIO.

‘We’re very positively engaging with the Bangladesh authority. This is a very concrete proposal that is on the table,’ he said while responding to a question during an interaction with diplomatic correspondents.

EU Critical Maritime Route Wider Indian Ocean aims to support countries in the region to enhance their Maritime Situational Awareness, the sharing and fusion of data from various sources to achieve a comprehensive understanding of the maritime domain and to promote its security and safety.

‘It’s software. It can be used for many purposes. It could equip both navies and coastguards and it allows knowing what is exactly happening at sea,’ said the EU special envoy, hoping that they will soon get a final answer from Bangladesh.

Visentin spoke at an interactive session organised by Diplomatic Correspondents Association, Bangladesh at Jatiya Press Club on Friday.

Deputy head of mission of the European Union to Bangladesh Jeremy Opritesco, DCAB president Rezaul Karim Lotus and its general secretary AKM Moinuddin were present at the programme.

The EU special envoy highlighted seven priority areas for EU action — sustainable and inclusive prosperity; green transition; ocean governance; digital governance and partnerships; connectivity; security and defence and human security.

Talking about one of the seven pillars of the EU Indo-Pacific Strategy — security and defence, he said they very much want to strengthen their presence in this area.

What is this CRIMARIO? It is the EU Critical Maritime Route Wider Indian Ocean (CRIMARIO) project.

When EU and the US talking about this CRIMARIO, Bangladesh has already become a co-signee of China-led BRI program.

It would be interesting to see how BD disentangles from the BRI and involves itself with CRIMARIO. বাংলাদেশ এখন ফাটা বাঁশের মধ্যে আটকাইয়া গ্যাছে। বাহির হওয়ার রাস্তা কি খুঁইজ্জ্যা পাইবো? @Avicenna কি মনে করতাছেন ?

Let me interpret what US and EU says in plain language: If you want us to buy your product then you have to let us control your defence and foreign policy, and use your terroritory to achieve our geostrategic goals.

Its upto Bangladesh and its people to make the choice. Stay poor for a while OR do as US and EU says.

What is this CRIMARIO? It is the EU Critical Maritime Route Wider Indian Ocean (CRIMARIO) project.

When EU and the US talking about this CRIMARIO, Bangladesh has already become a co-signee of China-led BRI program.

It would be interesting to see how BD disentangles from the BRI and involves itself with CRIMARIO. বাংলাদেশ এখন ফাটা বাঁশের মধ্যে আটকাইয়া গ্যাছে। বাহির হওয়ার রাস্তা কি খুঁইজ্জ্যা পাইবো? @Avicenna কি মনে করতাছেন ?

I believe BRI and CRIMARIO are two different thing and has different objective. CRIMARIO is mainly used for monitoring and information sharing purposes. If implemented USA, EU can keep a close eye on what’s going on at Bay of Bengal though China and India may not like it.

It would be interesting to see how BD disentangles from the BRI and involves itself with CRIMARIO. Bangladesh is now stuck in cracked bamboo. Can I find a way out? [USER = 180191] vAvicenna [/ USER] What do you think?

What do I think?

Bangladesh is fooked.

I believe BRI and CRIMARIO are two different thing and has different objective. CRIMARIO is mainly used for monitoring and information sharing purposes. If implemented USA, EU can keep a close eye on what’s going on at Bay of Bengal though China and India may not like it.

Yes, you may be right about the two different purposes of BRI and CRIMARIO. BRI involves maritime communications and CRIMARIO involves maritime security. But, there may arise some contests between the two groups.

So, we cannot really be sure what China or the Western countries are thinking. It is the best if BD can remain in the two groups concurrently. BD is in the cracked bamboo.

What do I think?

Bangladesh is fooked.

Unless Asia and Middle East band together and create own NATO then YES, every country outside of Europe is gonne feel the heat.

The goal is to break apart BRICS and China.
While i had doubts if America will manage to do it, I am not so sure now, especially when China still hasnt come out in the open. The next 10 years will define the global power configuration for the next 100 years.

Let me interpret what US and EU says in plain language: If you want us to buy your product then you have to let us control your defence and foreign policy, and use your terroritory to achieve our geostrategic goals.

Its upto Bangladesh and its people to make the choice. Stay poor for a while OR do as US and EU says.
BD may not be able to resist the EU/ US group for a long time. But, the problem with BD is India. If it entirely leaves China, it will have to kowtow India for its security, and the Westerners would not be here to protect BD.

One can see tremendous amount of pressures are being mounted concurrently by the Western countries to side with QUAD and leave China.

I think BD cannot do as the Westerners want but it needs Japanese and Korean investments and assistance with big loans. But, still its security remains in peril.

I do not find any suitable position in between a black and a white.

BD may not be able to resist the EU/ US group for a long time. But, the problem with BD is India. If it entirely leaves China, it will have to kowtow India for its security, and the Westerners would not be here to protect BD.

One can see tremendous amount of pressures are being mounted concurrently by the Western countries to side with QUAD and leave China.

I think BD cannot do as the Westerners want but it needs Japanese and Korean investments and assistance with big loans. But, still its security remains in peril.

I do not find any suitable position in between a black and a white.

Bangladesh can and should declare itself neutral. But in order to to that, it has to be armed to the teeth so that neither India or Burma can put pressure on it.

Otherwise its better to be poor and free than being a fat and rich but a slave.

Look what happened when ukraine was h**ing it self out to western agenda for their strategic geo politic gain .

The time is soon coming for bd to have medium/long range ballistic missles May be even nukes and definitely the s400

Yea, I also agree. Bd won't do shit without asking India. And it is also plausible that this might anger China.
Anyway, the govt. is working very, very hard for the election.
KEKW

You people are overthinking it. All it is a gps system that locates maritime assets and if specific consoles are installed shares radar data to a central system.

Those who are participants can see everything in the system simultaniously allowing for planning and coordination. The gps systems can also be switched off at will.

There is little implication for BD. It will allow BD to have greater situational awareness in the Bay and beyond, take coordinated SAR and disaster relief actions.

BD can participate in this without any implication vis-a-vis china. US and EU is tracking all chinese surface assets via satelites so this wont add anything at all.

Look what happened when ukraine was h**ing it self out to western agenda for their strategic geo politic gain .

The time is soon coming for bd to have medium/long range ballistic missles May be even nukes and definitely the s400
Bold part: বাইসের নাও যেইটা এক হাত বেশি লম্বা সেইটা বাইসের সময় এক হাত আগেই থাকে।

We cannot indulge in arms race with India. It will ruin the future of the economy. Note the country in the west of India. India has this program to make that country hopeless by providing it the cause to compete with India in the arms race.

Now, it is not yet fully bankrupt, thanks to SA and China.

Bangladesh can and should declare itself neutral. But in order to to that, it has to be armed to the teeth so that neither India or Burma can put pressure on it.

Otherwise its better to be poor and free than being a fat and rich but a slave.
The foreign policy of Bangladesh is, "Friendship to all and malign to none". It is a neutral stand. But, it is not helping the country's diplomatic front. India and Burma want to chew this country,

China wants to create a large economic clout around BD, but the USA helps BD with money, weapons and military training, American allies help BD to build metro rails, ports, bridges, Australia, SA, Japan, and Korea all want to invest in our land, etc. etc.

But, all of them want BD to support their cause. We have to understand that from the end of 1971 war, BD has not kept itself isolated. Although a 3rd world small country, it has quite a diplomatic clout in the UN and some international affairs.

It is more true when you see our troops contributing to the UN activities in Africa. BD troops there as well as BD itself has become very popular in some of those countries. But, most of these missions are indirectly financed by America.

So, all the strong countries are pulling BD to their sides. No additional declaration of neutrality will help. But, I personally do not know how to fix the present status quo.

America will chew it down through its throat unless BD adheres to it. Could it be possible to be allied with America and giving lip services to China? I am not sure.

The foreign policy of Bangladesh is, "Friendship to all and malign to none". It is a neutral stand. But, it is not helping the country's diplomatic front. India and Burma want to chew this country,

China wants to create a large economic clout around BD, but the USA helps BD with money, weapons and military training, American allies help BD to build metro rails, ports, bridges, Australia, SA, Japan, and Korea all want to invest in our land, etc. etc.

But, all of them want BD to support their cause. We have to understand that from the end of 1971 war, BD has not kept itself isolated. Although a 3rd world small country, it has quite a diplomatic clout in the UN and some international affairs.

It is more true when you see our troops contributing to the UN activities in Africa. BD troops there as well as BD itself has become very popular in some of those countries. But, most of these missions are indirectly financed by America.

So, all the strong countries are pulling BD to their sides. No additional declaration of neutrality will help. But, I personally do not know how to fix the present status quo.

America will chew it down through its throat unless BD adheres to it. Could it be possible to be allied with America and giving lip services to China? I am not sure.

I have no problem with siding with America and its allies. It becomes a problem if the price of that is being gobbled up by India. Our independence struggle would be a waste if that was to happen. Blood given by martyrs would have been in vain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom