What's new

Featured Ex-Mossad chief signals Israel attacked Iran’s nuclear assets

AHMED85

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
DUBAI: The outgoing chief of Israel’s Mossad intelligence service has offered the closest acknowledgment yet his country was behind recent attacks targeting Iran’s nuclear programme and a military scientist.

The comments by Yossi Cohen, speaking to investigative programme Uvda of Israel’s Channel 12 in a segment aired on Thursday night, offered an extraordinary debriefing by the head of the typically secretive agency in what appears to be the final days of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s rule.

It also gave a clear warning to other scientists in Iran’s nuclear programme that they too could become targets for assassination even as diplomats in Vienna try to negotiate terms to try to salvage Tehran’s atomic accord with world powers.

“If the scientist is willing to change career and will not hurt us anymore, then yes, sometimes we offer them” a way out, Cohen said.

Among the major attacks to target Iran, none have struck deeper than two explosions over the last year at its Natanz nuclear facility. There, centrifuges enrich uranium from an underground hall designed to protect them from air strikes.

In July 2020, a mysterious explosion tore apart Natanz’s advanced centrifuge assembly, which Iran later blamed on Israel. Then in April of this year, another blast tore apart one of its underground enrichment halls.

Discussing Natanz, the interviewer asked Cohen where he’d take them if they could travel there, he said “to the cellar” where the centrifuges used to spin. “It doesn’t look like it used to look,” he added.

Cohen did not directly claim the attacks, but his specificity offered the closest acknowledgement yet of an Israeli hand in the attacks. The interviewer, journalist Ilana Dayan, also seemingly offered a detailed description in a voiceover of how Israel snuck the explosives into Natanz’s underground halls.

The man who was responsible for these explosions, it became clear, made sure to supply to the Iranians the marble foundation on which the centrifuges were placed, Dayan said. “As they install this foundation within the Natanz facility, they have no idea that it already includes an enormous amount of explosives.”

They also discussed the November killing of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, an Iranian scientist who began Tehran’s military nuclear programme decades ago. The US intelligence agencies and the International Atomic Energy Agency believe Iran abandoned that organised effort at seeking a nuclear weapon in 2003. Iran long has maintained its programme is peaceful.

While Cohen on camera didn’t claim the killing, Dayan in the segment described Cohen as having “personally signed off on the entire campaign”. Dayan also described how a remotely operated machinegun fixed to a pickup truck killed Fakhrizadeh and later self-destructed.

Published in Dawn, June 12th, 2021

Ahmadinejad claims Israel infiltrated Iranian intelligence

Despite multiple incidents of intelligence failure (scientist assassination, nuclear site explosion etc.), was their any action by Iranian government to hold accountable the related people in charge? Did anybody take responsibility for the failure? If not then the situation will never improve, if actions were taken I would like to know.

that is why i said pakistan should mind own business
Israel wanted to attack our nuclear sights also. And knowing Israel they would still lobby in USA and west against us. So we can't mind our own business.

Despite multiple incidents of intelligence failure (scientist assassination, nuclear site explosion etc.), was their any action by Iranian government to hold accountable the related people in charge? Did anybody take responsibility for the failure? If not then the situation will never improve, if actions were taken I would like to know.

I think I remember a tweet by IDF saying that 1 in 4 IRGC officers are Israeli agents and for Iran to “find them”. Now of course I expect it be largely propaganda.

But it seems Western intelligence services have severely infiltrated the Iranian apparatus. That is why key projects are going underground among small loyal units.

I think I remember a tweet by IDF saying that 1 in 4 IRGC officers are Israeli agents and for Iran to “find them”. Now of course I expect it be largely propaganda.

But it seems Western intelligence services have severely infiltrated the Iranian apparatus. That is why key projects are going underground among small loyal units.

You think elements of the Missile Program are also infiltrated?

"That is why key projects are going underground among small loyal units." -- Insane man..... what a sorry situation.

Israel wanted to attack our nuclear sights also. And knowing Israel they would still lobby in USA and west against us. So we can't mind our own business.

Israel has not once attacked us directly. Indirectly we even participated in Anti Israel campaigns like Arab Israeli War so we are pretty square on that front. Attacking them directly is synonym to famous punjabi saying

Urta Teer Gaaf mein laina

Dont we have enough enemies in our neighborhood that we want make one on the other side of the ocean. Unrealistic bravados don't help in the real world.

Israel has not once attacked us directly. Indirectly we even participated in Anti Israel campaigns like Arab Israeli War so we are pretty square on that front. Attacking them directly is synonym to famous punjabi saying

Urta Teer Gaaf mein laina

Dont we have enough enemies in our neighborhood that we want make one on the other side of the ocean. Unrealistic bravados don't help in the real world.
If you don't go after them they would come after you. Dude Israel's survivor is eventually based on the fact or fact they want is that no Muslim country should have nuclear weapons. They would do what ever it takes to neutralize us. We can avoid them as much as we want but they would come.

If you don't go after them they would come after you. Dude Israel's survivor is eventually based on the fact or fact they want is that no Muslim country should have nuclear weapons. They would do what ever it takes to neutralize us. We can avoid them as much as we want but they would come.

One step at a time. We neither have the capacity nor a national will for such an endeavor. Our immediate threats are much more real and bigger. I am not saying they shouldn't be under our radar but Iran Afghanistan and India all are literally out there to hurt us by hook or crook. Latest discovery of Iran financing brain washing institutes in Baluchistan disguised as school is a stark reminder of threat posed by Irani Mullah brigade. Lets not forget namak haram Afghanis waiting to hurt us at every turn. India is literally 10 times bigger than us militarily.

Iran’s weak position is , they have no secret hidden from the western agencies infiltration in there country on Its clandestine programme. this Israeli big mouth spy guy confirming what most knew these inside attacks take place to hurt them by sabotage bombs to machines or scientist knocked at critical points of there tries done by west It is kinda makes a sense now why there programme is going no way . and I see now why Pakistan Abdul the nuke guy taken out early and house arrested his infrastructure dismantled for help Iran.

You think elements of the Missile Program are also infiltrated?

"That is why key projects are going underground among small loyal units." -- Insane man..... what a sorry situation.

Yes, I think the missile program is also infiltrated. All they need to do is sway 1 or 2 workers who assemble components for the missiles and they get severe Intel.

But Iran likely has compartmentalization which means a scientist only knows what he is working on and not the whole picture. This reduces intelligence leaks.

But the thing here is Israel cannot stop the missile program or Iranian arms industry. Iran’s arms industry is many times bigger than Israel’s so it’s too big to cripple.

At this point all Israel can do is annoyance attacks ment to annoy and humiliate the opponent.

Also remember these intelligence services have existed since pre-WW2 and in the case of Mossad they were hunting down Nazi officials in an era of no satellites or smart phones (post WW2) so their skill is obviously elite compared to Iran who’s SEVAK wasn’t fully trained till the 60’s and 70’s. And most of them were purged.

Back
Top Bottom