What's new

Ex-US envoy to UN calls for extracting Pak nukes

seems as if he is trying to secure chocolates and candies ...... unrealsitic approach to "extract" them!

These Nuks are safe ! this is just another US properganda and iam sure for our enemies its a dream come true but opps sorry to pop your bubble not happening so keep dreaming !!

Pakistan should demand the US to send Mr. Bolton to Pakistan to be questioned by the ISI for some explaining - especialy for creating war and fear mongering climate against Pakistan.

Ratus Ratus,

I find this interesting in spite of it being a pure BS.

At the same time, we should contemplate whether and how to extract as many nuclear weapons as possible from Pakistan, thus somewhat mitigating the consequences of regime collapse. (Stupid idea for any country to consider about another. There, for what ever reason, must still be that nuclear balance between Pakistan and India. Reality is nuclear arms should be removed from both not just one if this is even contemplated and note an associated war between US vs India and Pakistan.)

Till 2005 may be, it was USA's favorite rhetoric. The ‘balance’ between India-Pakistan in terms of military apparatus, not just the nukes. Later in his tenure, Bush slowly started renouncing on that strategy, mainly bowing to India’s booming economy & India’s ambition to be a powerful global player. (I am avoiding the word ‘superpower’. That is more like an ‘Indian Dream’. ) As Indian economy grew at a phenomenal rate, the net amount of money going for military increased considerably. This started creating a gap between India & Pakistan in terms of military prowess.

David Mulford, former US ambassador to India, asserted that India should stop pi**ing with puppies, if it has to run with big dogs. Puppy was an alleged reference to Pakistan. This showed a major shift in US strategy of keeping India – Pakistan ‘in balance’ & showed that US would like to see India emerge as a major global player with enhanced bilateral relations. This is exactly what India wanted. Civil nuclear deal is also one of the examples, though it was only related to civil usage. But US denied similar deal to Pakistan, implying that Pakistan & India can no longer have the same scale.

So gone are the days when everybody wished to see a so-called balance. The only way to get a balance is for Pakistan to grow on the same path as India is doing. Or, just lag behind and accept it, including the nukes & defense apparatus. US & the world no longer have the same measurement stick for both countries.

Pakistan should demand the US to send Mr. Bolton to Pakistan to be questioned by the ISI for some explaining - especialy for creating war and fear mongering climate against Pakistan.

Naaaahhhh! He'll infect the rest of us with the SWINE FLU he seems to have based on his statement above. :lol:

At the same time, we should contemplate whether and how to extract as many nuclear weapons as possible from Pakistan, thus somewhat mitigating the consequences of regime collapse.

Well, so many Americans grew up watching GI Joe and Rambo, so you can't really blame them. :lol:

Aren't we forgetting that the man who made those statements is a very responsible high official? Everyone is talking like Bolton is a next door kid.

Yes, it is certainly not possible (or looks like it) to "find and destroy" nukes in Pakistan. But if even I know this, Bolton surely does. Even then if he is making these statements, its highly possible that we don't know what he knows!

We always take it for granted that our knowledge and logic about the things around is full and ultimate. There are other ways to make it possible.

Aren't we forgetting that the man who made those statements is a very responsible high official? Everyone is talking like Bolton is a next door kid.

Yes, it is certainly not possible (or looks like it) to "find and destroy" nukes in Pakistan. But if even I know this, Bolton surely does. Even then if he is making these statements, its highly possible that we don't know what he knows!

We always take it for granted that our knowledge and logic about the things around is full and ultimate. There are other ways to make it possible.

Torpedo

Granted you may strike and take out majority of Pakistani nukes with the resources they have at their disposal, but apart from being near difficult to assure 100% success in elimination (forget extraction, you cant extract them you need PA to volunatrily gie them up), there is a very real risk of missing out " a couple of babies" which may just find themselves flying towards India, and trust me India will not like that. So US doing something like this is totally impossible.

Torpedo

Granted you may strike and take out majority of Pakistani nukes with the resources they have at their disposal, but apart from being near difficult to assure 100% success in elimination (forget extraction, you cant extract them you need PA to volunatrily gie them up), there is a very real risk of missing out " a couple of babies" which may just find themselves flying towards India, and trust me India will not like that. So US doing something like this is totally impossible.

No.

If there is anything possible, its extraction.

If US presses at the right spot, it CAN convince GoP. Once GoP agrees to that, there is nothing impossible.

I know it looks foolish at a first glance, but give a deep thought and you will agree.

Torpedo

Good point actually. How do we know if extraction is complete, if at all we get to that stage? IMO, the risk of nukes falling into extremists' hands is much greater due to Islamist elements in Pakistani administration, if Pakistan ever agrees to surrender the nukes. What if we fail to seize one or two nukes that are being carted away on a donkey?

No.

If US presses at the right spot, it CAN convince GoP. Once GoP agrees to that, there is nothing impossible.

I know it looks foolish at a first glance, but give a deep thought and you will agree.

Giving it a deep thought ...and i somewhat agree but...

Even the most sold-out worst leader Zardari in the history of Pakistan wouldn't allow that. He MAY allow the extraction of the remaining nukes that were leftover from a war with India causing it to disintegrate into many parts...

Yes, its a possibility just as there are many under the shades of the sun.

and be the ultimate biological weapon against pakistan :rofl:
That sort of a biological weapon would clearly not work because history shows that we've been living with a worse one and still surviving. its called Bharat.

No.

Torpedo

Sorry mate, I gave it a thought deeper than Mariana Trenches, and I still dont agree. Extraction is impossible. No nation, howsoever desperate, will ever give up its safety insurance. Never. GoP, even under mass hypnosis, will never agree (and rightfully so).

Good point actually. How do we know if extraction is complete, if at all we get to that stage? IMO, the risk of nukes falling into extremists' hands is much greater due to Islamist elements in Pakistani administration, if Pakistan ever agrees to surrender the nukes. What if we fail to seize one or two nukes that are being carted away on a donkey?

Yes.

IMO PA is strong enough, irrespective of any Islamist leanings it may have in certain elements, to ensure its security. And if in the rarest (and I mean virtually impossible) situation, it is faced with threat to its nukes, it will NOT allow them to fall into fundamentalist hands, even if it means ultimately (impossible again)seeking US/India help.

Sanity exists afterall.

That sort of a biological weapon would clearly not work because history shows that we've been living with a worse one and still surviving. its called Bharat.

Really?

Can you give me the Heamaglutinin-Neuraminidase composition of this deadly illness? :woot:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom