What's new

Exclusive: PCB chief Ashraf proposes joint T20 Indo-Pak league

A big Market is an advantage only when that market actually has the ability to engage in large amounts of trade as well........Why do you think Bangladesh has no or only a few McDonald and other Brand's outlets, despite their huge population, and GDP per capita that approaches India's(According to some BD members who claim this will be the case if the base year is brought forward) ??

Come and see in Pakistan....we have a very huge number of Mcdonalds, not to mention Pizza huts and Kfc on every other street...I wonder why bangladesh has remained so far behind in Mcdonalds and these brands. Once i read Bangladesh has only four Pizza Huts or may be KFC's. i wonder why???? We have such number of pizza huts in only our small locality.

21 Pizza Hut, 22 KFC & 9 Mc donalds
in Karachi only.

Look at his brilliant start of PPL. He already stirred media with his, apparently foolish but actually brilliant, marketing of PPL via this proposal. This proposal may not get to reality but PPL will be discussed all around the cricket world now, creating lots of interest. :drag:

Come and see in Pakistan....we have a very huge number of Mcdonalds, not to mention Pizza huts and Kfc on every other street...I wonder why bangladesh has remained so far behind in Mcdonalds and these brands. Once i read Bangladesh has only four Pizza Huts or may be KFC's. i wonder why???? We have such number of pizza huts in only our small locality.

we have many fast food shops every streets in Dhaka. some very good brands available but those r all deshi brands

we have many fast food shops every streets in Dhaka. some very good brands available but those r all deshi brands

As i mentioned that there are 21 Pizza Hut, 22 KFC and 9 Mcdonald in Karachi city only...Othe than that there is a long range of other international chains like Hardees, Subway, Nandos etc....Other than that Desi brands like Bar Bee Q Tonight, Pizza Hut, Salt n Pepper and many others are decorated on every other street of Karachi

Look at his brilliant start of PPL. He already stirred media with his, apparently foolish but actually brilliant, marketing of PPL via this proposal. This proposal may not get to reality but PPL will be discussed all around the cricket world now, creating lots of interest. :drag:
Actually he de-valued the PPL by proposing it. Any publicity is a good publicity doesn't hold true for each case.

Actually you are Rwanda, because you have as many poor people as African continent. :)

Thats fine!...We still see no reason to share the worlds first and only T20 league...Its like asking USA to jointly host the NBA, NFL etc with Mexico..whats the benefit in that for USA.

Actually he de-valued the PPL by proposing it. Any publicity is a good publicity doesn't hold true for each case.

Basically you don't deserve to be a Jr. Think Tank for your short sightedness. Just my opinion.

^^ Look! he has already started begging from world's richest and most powerful nation i.e., India :drag:

funny-begging+sign11.jpg

Basically you don't deserve to be a Jr. Think Tank for your short sightedness. Just my opinion.
Agreed. May be I don't. May be you can show the farsightedness of his proposal.

BTW he is asking world's richest and biggest cricket board and fan base.

Considering Indo-Pak matches sell more seats than any other in the world, it definitely sounds like a highly profitable offer.

Simply the idea behind that offer must be similar as wat you've mentioned, but still not a warm hearted try as everyone knows that the politics always plays a vital hands in indian cricket, well ! still as watever an economist think that even if a silliest idea can be highly profitable then he should atleast go for that silliest idea too.

The proposal is clearly showing the desperate times of the PCB, if any Pakistani member is not able to see that than they are simply in self denial. He is talking in terms of huge money that will be generated by such a league which can become a boon for the PCB, also by associating itself with the most richest cricketing board (also the most powerful), PCB's image can be boosted which is really going south by recent spot/match fixing scandals. On the other hand BCCI is in no way in need of such league, it is gaining rich dividends by the IPL & other tournaments, on the contrary this type of tournament will be a threat for the income source of BCCI, since too much cricket will make people moving away from it (there will be decrease in viewership of IPL,etc.), i mean just look at all the tournaments we have - IPL, T20 WC every 2 years, 50-50 WC every 4 years, champions trophy, Champions league, scheduled tours,etc. if we add to it a league suggested by PCB than we will only ruin the future of Cricket as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom