What's new

Explain Hindu Dharam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for cryin out loud.u guys are such nancies........
emo asked why u pray towards kaba and i cant ask why hindus worship animals?
Wats the wrong in it?
Hell they can ask me anythin about isam.....even if i aint religious.

Where did i offend someone?its a logical question?
Its like askin u how many Gods do u worship?
Why dont u worship animals?
And i think before labelling anybdy troll kindly understand and comprehend wat the guy has posted........
P.S=Didnt expect from a senior member of such ignorance.

The reason ur post was suspected to be a trol because u asked smthing which all over the net. Nothing descriptive or qualitative can be responded to this, why not some real question which a curios mind can wonder:cheers:

This is what I believe and understand is Hinduism:
Hope this answers some of your questions. This should be enough to give you a general perspective of Hinduism.

What are the basic tenets of Hinduism?:
There is no “one Hinduism”, and so it lacks any unified system of beliefs and ideas. Hinduism is a conglomerate of diverse beliefs and traditions, in which the prominent themes include:
Dharma (ethics and duties)
Samsara (rebirth)
Karma (right action)
Moksha (liberation from the cycle of Samsara)
It also believes in truth, honesty, non-violence, celibacy, cleanliness, contentment, prayers, austerity, perseverance, penance, and pious company.

What are the major Hindu deities?:
Hinduism believes that there is only one supreme Absolute called "Brahman". However, it does not advocate the worship of any one particular deity. The gods and goddesses of Hinduism amount to thousands or even millions, all representing the many aspects of Brahman. Therefore, this faith is characterized by the multiplicity of deities. The most fundamental of Hindu deities is the Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva - creator, preserver and destroyer respectively. Hindus also worship spirits, trees, animals and even planets - which amounts to Nature worship!

What are the key Hindu scriptures?:
The basic scriptures of Hinduism, which is collectively referred to as "Shastras", are essentially a collection of spiritual laws discovered by different saints and sages at different points in its long history. The Two types of sacred writings comprise the Hindu scriptures: "Shruti" (heard) and "Smriti" (memorized). They were passed on from generation to generation orally for centuries before they were written down mostly in the Sanskrit language. The major and most popular Hindu texts include the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, and the epics of Ramayana and Mahabharata.

How and when did Hinduism originate?:
Hinduism has its origins in such remote past that it cannot be traced to any one individual. Some scholars believe that Hinduism must have existed even in circa 10000 B.C. and that the earliest of the Hindu scriptures – The Rig Veda – was composed well before 6500 B.C. The word "Hinduism" is not to be found anywhere in the scriptures, and the term "Hindu" was introduced by foreigners who referred to people living across the River Indus or Sindhu, in the north of India, around which the Vedic religion is believed to have originated.

ok peace.........we still are waiting for a comprehensive response....we need be patient....no need of discussion until a good response comes up...my question is about the whole religion...its not big task....after that may be we can ask other questions....but starting with minor ones is not going to help....for instance if u ask how many gods they have we will not understand until we the basics in detail...
I know its sensitive and pl lets show some civility here...
thanks

The reason ur post was suspected to be a trol because u asked smthing which all over the net. Nothing descriptive or qualitative can be responded to this, why not some real question which a curios mind can wonder:cheers:

Well wat i can find is we respect animals and believe in avatars of GOD. Nothin else.
Why not pray to one GOD and not make idols of him?or do we need someone tht we can see to have faith in?

Well wat i can find is we respect animals and believe in avatars of GOD. Nothin else.
Why not pray to one GOD and not make idols of him?or do we need someone tht we can see to have faith in?

Listen dude, everybody has their own views and sentiments. Have you ever considered that if you are born in another religion for say example as buddhist , would you be still saying these words that are coming from you.

Respect each others religion otherwise there is no difference between you and the creators of that hate encouraging facebook page creators.

A real Honest question.Pls don't take me for a troll.If you find offensive just leeme know i will delete it.

Ok the question is.As hindus pray more than one god.So isn't it possible that the god with less followers would be angry at the god with more followers.So it will lead to fight.So if gods fight who's gonna run the earth?

A real Honest question.Pls don't take me for a troll.If you find offensive just leeme know i will delete it.

Ok the question is.As hindus pray more than one god.So isn't it possible that the god with less followers would be angry at the god with more followers.So it will lead to fight.So if gods fight who's gonna run the earth?

Please read what I posted. Who says we pray to many Gods? This is very different from what the other pagans believed like the Romans or the Greeks etc.

one supreme Absolute called "Brahman". The gods and goddesses of Hinduism amount to thousands or even millions, all representing the many aspects of Brahman.

Hinduism has its origins in such remote past that it cannot be traced to any one individual. Some scholars believe that Hinduism must have existed even in circa 10000 B.C. and that the earliest of the Hindu scriptures – The Rig Veda – was composed well before 6500 B.C. The word "Hinduism" is not to be found anywhere in the scriptures, and the term "Hindu" was introduced by foreigners who referred to people living across the River Indus or Sindhu, in the north of India, around which the Vedic religion is believed to have originated.

Cant argue about the rest of the stuff you posted but I am not sure about the chronology of Rig Veda and other vedic texts. Rig Veda, is very much an account of the early Aryan way of life in the sub-continent and has to be younger than 2500BC. As the Indus Valley civilization was pretty much flourishing around that time.

There are other gods in other religions who can take cover as deputy's.:cheers:

Listen dude, everybody has their own views and sentiments. Have you ever considered that if you are born in another religion for say example as buddhist , would you be still saying these words that are coming from you.
Respect each others religion otherwise there is no difference between you and the creators of that hate encouraging facebook page creators.

Why not?
And kindly explain how i disrespected anyone?

This is what I believe and understand is Hinduism:
Hope this answers some of your questions. This should be enough to give you a general perspective of Hinduism.

What are the basic tenets of Hinduism?:
There is no “one Hinduism”, and so it lacks any unified system of beliefs and ideas. Hinduism is a conglomerate of diverse beliefs and traditions, in which the prominent themes include:
Dharma (ethics and duties)
Samsara (rebirth)
Karma (right action)
Moksha (liberation from the cycle of Samsara)
It also believes in truth, honesty, non-violence, celibacy, cleanliness, contentment, prayers, austerity, perseverance, penance, and pious company.

What are the major Hindu deities?:
Hinduism believes that there is only one supreme Absolute called "Brahman". However, it does not advocate the worship of any one particular deity. The gods and goddesses of Hinduism amount to thousands or even millions, all representing the many aspects of Brahman. Therefore, this faith is characterized by the multiplicity of deities. The most fundamental of Hindu deities is the Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva - creator, preserver and destroyer respectively. Hindus also worship spirits, trees, animals and even planets - which amounts to Nature worship!

What are the key Hindu scriptures?:
The basic scriptures of Hinduism, which is collectively referred to as "Shastras", are essentially a collection of spiritual laws discovered by different saints and sages at different points in its long history. The Two types of sacred writings comprise the Hindu scriptures: "Shruti" (heard) and "Smriti" (memorized). They were passed on from generation to generation orally for centuries before they were written down mostly in the Sanskrit language. The major and most popular Hindu texts include the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, and the epics of Ramayana and Mahabharata.

Thanks for your good post....here are some question now drawn from your post...

Shurtis and Smritis: how are vedas or puranas or bhagvad gitas classified?

IS the trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva avatar of Brahman or they are independent and what are the avatars of the trinity gods?

If its is not called Hinduism then what do hindus or scriptures call this religion.

thanks

Why not?
And kindly explain how i disrespected anyone?

Dude .. there are 100 questions
for me to ask to you. but i am pretty sure that that will end up me as "banned' .. so my debating skills are restricted here to defense talks only. Btwn i am a christian.

So spare me for not questioning you for the fact that i dont have "immunity" against thread rules unlike you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom