What's new

Exploration of shale gas from next month: Babar

It's not really about finding them resources. But being able to disclose them and then use them for making money without irking the American shaitan.
This finding is about that. They will drill in those area which were previously identify and then check if it's economically beneficial or not. They will drill number of wells in that area.

I still don't understand how come Iran is having new oil fields of 50 billion barrel and we can't even find 15 billion barrel. It's so sad In Shaa ALLAH one day we will be able to find

Honorable Sir,

You can only find oil if it is there in the first place. Iran already large proven oil reserve in the area of the new find, besides: Actual new reserves are only 2.2-billion bbls, not 50-billion bbl. Apparently, that was a PR exercise only.

"But wasting no time, other Iranian officials, including oil minister Bijan Zangeneh, quickly backpedaled from Rouhani’s mind-blowing figure, and now Iran says that it could be able to possibly recover just 2.2 billion barrels of oil from that 50-billion barrel find."

Full article at:
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/The-Truth-Behind-Irans-Massive-Oil-Find.html

Last edited:
Honorable Sir,

You can only find oil if it is there in the first place. Iran already large proven oil reserve in the area of the new find, besides: Actual new reserves are only 2.2-billion bbls, not 50-billion bbl. Apparently, that was a PR exercise only.

"But wasting no time, other Iranian officials, including oil minister Bijan Zangeneh, quickly backpedaled from Rouhani’s mind-blowing figure, and now Iran says that it could be able to possibly recover just 2.2 billion barrels of oil from that 50-billion barrel find."

Full article at:
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/The-Truth-Behind-Irans-Massive-Oil-Find.html
sir whts your take on kekra2?
and wht do you think about prospects of shale oil in pakistan

sir whts your take on kekra2?
and wht do you think about prospects of shale oil in pakistan

Sir,

I am not aware of Kekra2. Despite all the talk of conspiracy theories, it is confirmed that oil/gas shows at Kekra-1 were not commercially viable.

There is indeed a lot of shale/tight gas potential in Pakistan but it will remain "POTENTIAL" unless someone starts investing large sums to convert 'potential' into 'actual' production.

Recently I came across an old friend from my Institute of Chemical Technology days in Lahore. His father who retired as a colonel in the Pak Army a long time ago was given some agricultural land in Badin by the Army. This friend told me that his inherited land in Badin has good tight gas prospects. Please be aware that Tight gas is similar to Shale gas except that ‘Permeability’ in tight gas reservoirs is less than the shale gas formations making it even more expensive to exploit.

On actual shale/tight oil/gas production; Honourable ‘Clutch’ appears to have good knowledge. Despite having spent a lifetime in the oil & gas industry, I have no practical experience of Shale/Tight oil or gas extraction hence I have nothing to add to what @Clutch has already posted. My only comment would be that instead of counting our chickens before they are hatched, let us wait and see how things actually turn out.

Sir,

I am not aware of Kekra2. Despite all the talk of conspiracy theories, it is confirmed that oil/gas shows at Kekra-1 were not commercially viable.

There is indeed a lot of shale/tight gas potential in Pakistan but it will remain "POTENTIAL" unless someone starts investing large sums to convert 'potential' into 'actual' production.

Recently I came across an old friend from my Institute of Chemical Technology days in Lahore. His father who retired as a colonel in the Pak Army a long time ago was given some agricultural land in Badin by the Army. This friend told me that his inherited land in Badin has good tight gas prospects. Please be aware that Tight gas is similar to Shale gas except that ‘Permeability’ in tight gas reservoirs is less than the shale gas formations making it even more expensive to exploit.

On actual shale/tight oil/gas production; Honourable ‘Clutch’ appears to have good knowledge. Despite having spent a lifetime in the oil & gas industry, I have no practical experience of Shale/Tight oil or gas extraction hence I have nothing to add to what @Clutch has already posted. My only comment would be that instead of counting our chickens before they are hatched, let us wait and see how things actually turn out.

I agree with what you have said... From a technical perspective.

Plus.. unconventional development does come with high capital investment costs. Question is, what company will be willing to take that risk in Pakistan without some assurance on the returns on their investment???... Pakistan's main problem is stability and consistent investment frameworks.

Back
Top Bottom