What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Can anybody confirm that Iraq has placed an order of 12 JF-17 block III? This subject was raised again from a Chinese video clip on YouTube.

Iraq is not interested in acquiring JF-17 from the beginning, Iraqi air force is training with French air force and they want French rafales.

F-16-Irak-Rafale-France-exercice-sujet-1_AdlAE-e1654091989634.jpeg

Hi,

I believe that Paf has missed the boat on the sale of the JF17 for not having the Dual seater right from day 1.

PAF would have lost the deal, even if they had the dual, triple or quadruple seater.

Firstly Running a business, and closing deals is NOT what uniformed officers are trained to do, or should be indulging in,
Secondly, Pakistan's foreign policy ( office ) can't do zilch to support the sales initiative.

A good sales team with a bad product will always trump over a bad sales team with an excellent product.

Last edited:
PAF would have lost the deal, even if they had the dual, triple or quadruple seater.

Firstly Running a business, and closing deals is NOT what uniformed officers are trained to do, or should be indulging in secondly, Pakistan's foreign policy ( office ) can't do zilch to support the sales initiative.

A good sales team with a bad product will always trump over a bad sales team with an excellent product.
Hi,

I agree with you---but when the timing is right in a timely manner---people buy from bad sales people as well---.

They are actually not even looking at the sales people---sales people are just a conduit to get the product they want---.

It is like selling Hondas and toyotas in the 70's---80's---90's---2000's.

Some of the worst salespeople I saw at hondas and toyotas out doing superstars at ford and dodge and chevy---.

It is all about the timeing.

Last edited:
Iraq is not interested in acquiring JF-17 from the beginning, Iraqi air force is training with French air force and they want French rafales.

F-16-Irak-Rafale-France-exercice-sujet-1_AdlAE-e1654091989634.jpeg
JF-17 and Rafale combo do not clash. One is light fighter plane while other is medium. Both will be acquire at the same time.

JF-17 and Rafale combo do not clash. One is light fighter plane while other is medium. Both will be acquire at the same time.
They already operate F-16,if they get rafale there is no room for JF-17

They already operate F-16,if they get rafale there is no room for JF-17
I think you do not know the history of F-16 in Iraq AF. It a deal shove down on Iraq. Who want an F-16 that can't fired BVRAAM? I can bet Iraq AF will retired these useless F-16 and replace them with JF-17. JF-17 have BVRAAM and AESA radar that something USA will never give Iraq AF.

Btw, F-16 is not light weight plane. Its a medium weight fighter jet. It clash with Rafale. People who claim Iraq AF has F-16 wouldn't get JF-17 is just like try to tell others Pakistan AF wouldn't get JF-17 becos they have F-16.

Your statement is absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:
I think you do not know the history of F-16 in Iraq AF. It a deal shove down on Iraq. Who want an F-16 that can't fired BVRAAM? I can bet Iraq AF will retired these useless F-16 and replace them with JF-17. JF-17 have BVRAAM and AESA radar that something USA will never give Iraq AF.

Btw, F-16 is not light weight plane. Its a medium weight fighter jet. It clash with Rafale. People who claim Iraq AF has F-16 wouldn't get JF-17 is just like try to tell others Pakistan AF wouldn't get JF-17 becos they have F-16.

Please tell me, why would this not happen again ?

all the players are still the same, and with the prices of oil shooting up.
French have all the reason to score more oil the best way they know how to.

Please tell me, why would this not happen again ?

all the players are still the same, and with the prices of oil shooting up.
French have all the reason to score more oil the best way they know how to.
The government has changed and USA is not so focus on middle east. The American are putting their effort in east Asia. Iraq government also gain more autonomous as the american less control of middle east.

While China are filling the void left by american in middle east. Iraq has the oil and China has the product. A match made in heaven. A win win situation.

The government has changed and USA is not so focus on middle east. The American are putting their effort in east Asia. Iraq government also gain more autonomous as the american less control of middle east.

While China are filling the void left by american in middle east. Iraq has the oil and China has the product. A match made in heaven. A win win situation.

It is off topic, but i disagree with your assertions there.
Americans are focused on controlling the world trade,
world trade needs energy to begin with.
ME has all the energy.
The east asia focus is basically to annoy and tease China, since that is where the oil lands in to drive the Chinese economy and threaten the routes.

Mideast holds the key, and by that virtue, Pakistan holds the key.
The shortest entry to Europe is through the Suez canal, i.e through the red sea.
The Persian gulf is the hottest export route for oil and goods and connects too many countries.
Gawadar remains the check point, as it is on the mouth of the gulf and could be
home to central asia's energy exports, and all other imports.

It is off topic, but i disagree with your assertions there.
Americans are focused on controlling the world trade,
world trade needs energy to begin with.
ME has all the energy.
The east asia focus is basically to annoy and tease China, since that is where the oil lands in to drive the Chinese economy and threaten the routes.

Mideast holds the key, and by that virtue, Pakistan holds the key.
The shortest entry to Europe is through the Suez canal, i.e through the red sea.
The Persian gulf is the hottest export route for oil and goods and connects too many countries.
Gawadar remains the check point, as it is on the mouth of the gulf and could be
home to central asia's energy exports, and all other imports.
US wouldnt withdraw from Afghanistan if they are still so focus on Middle-east! I disagree with your statement. US itself is now , the largest producer of oil and gas.

As for your statement of disrupting Chinese trade route is not practical. US need Chinese trade as much as they do. Thru out 40 years of China globalization, has China sea trade route ever threaten by other countries before?

US wouldnt withdraw from Afghanistan if they are still so focus on Middle-east! I disagree with your statement. US itself is now , the largest producer of oil and gas.

As for your statement of disrupting Chinese trade route is not practical. US need Chinese trade as much as they do. Thru out 40 years of China globalization, has China sea trade route ever threaten by other countries before?

Oh they need the trade,
they just want to be able to make money on top of it, while ensuring China doesn't get into a position ( which it almost certainly is ) to able to innovate and create market.

That is the break point.

Apple can carry on making more phones, so long as USA ensures only they make money on top, and doesn't let enough technology go to China to start competing with USA.

That is the threshold China has reached, and this is why they are hell bent on ensuring a world order ( value chain ) where USA remains on top.

What the hell does this means?

what makes you so sure it's only a claim?

I speak the language and I follow Iraqi military forums, trust me, Iraqis don't want JF-17s at all.

recently they acquire French air defense radars and they're eyeing French Caesar artillery and rafales.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom