What's new

F-16 Block 15MLU/50/52 Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thr truth is only those who have great economies can afford great or best military's best example would be of the USA and china it self.

As far as the F-16's go new and old i believe we will have all the F-16' in 3 to 5 time years max from what i have heard PAF will get all the 26 peace gate F-16
by next year that too will be upgarded as far as the new F-16's go they will take atleast 2 t0 4 years time to get delieved.

I believe that the F-16 plant has backlog to continue building till 2009, this includes the Pakistani order of 18 F-16C/D as quoted by Washington post last week.

This means that we'll complete the order within three years, mlu should not take more than two years.

I see Turkey and Greece ordering a few squadrons so Pakistan might end up getting it later...

Turkey close to buying 30 new block 52+ F-16s
US defense magazine, "Defense News," has published an article asserting that Turkey is planning on buying 30 new advanced block 52+ F-16s for its air force.

Munir said:
I see Turkey and Greece ordering a few squadrons so Pakistan might end up getting it later...

Turkey close to buying 30 new block 52+ F-16s
US defense magazine, "Defense News," has published an article asserting that Turkey is planning on buying 30 new advanced block 52+ F-16s for its air force.

Well i dont agree with that actually technically Pakistan approached for the F-16's 1st and i believe if Pakistan signs the contract before turkey we will be the first ones recieving the F-16':thumbsup: hopefully Inshallah.

Best of the Best said:
Well i dont agree with that actually technically Pakistan approached for the F-16's 1st and i believe if Pakistan signs the contract before turkey we will be the first ones recieving the F-16':thumbsup: hopefully Inshallah.

Thats what you can say, but truth is different its really up to US authorities to who they wanna provide F-16's first. Turkey is a part of F-16 project as they manufacture airframes, so anything is possible.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006
US Congress clears F-16 deal

ISLAMABAD: The US Congress has cleared the sale of F-16 aircraft to Pakistan and the deal does not contain any extraordinary security conditions, the Foreign Office said on Monday. Asked to comment on reports that the United States was insisting on extraordinary security precautions, FO spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam said the agreement contained a standard clause to ensure that there was no transfer of technology to a third country. Pakistan signed similar agreements with other countries while selling or purchasing any equipment, she said. An exchange of a letter of offer from the United States and letter of acceptance from Pakistan would take place to finalise the deal, she said. Alsam dismissed press reports that the United States had conveyed to Pakistan that the equipment supplied for the war against terrorism should not be diverted for other uses. staff report

:cheers:

RAPTOR said:
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
US Congress clears F-16 deal

ISLAMABAD: The US Congress has cleared the sale of F-16 aircraft to Pakistan and the deal does not contain any extraordinary security conditions, the Foreign Office said on Monday. Asked to comment on reports that the United States was insisting on extraordinary security precautions, FO spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam said the agreement contained a standard clause to ensure that there was no transfer of technology to a third country. Pakistan signed similar agreements with other countries while selling or purchasing any equipment, she said. An exchange of a letter of offer from the United States and letter of acceptance from Pakistan would take place to finalise the deal, she said. Alsam dismissed press reports that the United States had conveyed to Pakistan that the equipment supplied for the war against terrorism should not be diverted for other uses. staff report
:cheers:

:cheers: Pakistan Zindabad :flag:

Armed forces fully capable of defending the country: Air Chief
LAHORE: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Chief, Tanvir Mahmood Ahmad has said that the armed forces of Pakistan have all the capacity to defend the country and Pakistan’s prime minister would not have to wail helplessly in any gathering like that of the Lebanese PM.

Following a meeting with the Punjab Governor, Lt. Gen. ® Khalid Maqbool here in the Governor House, he told this to newsmen.

PAF chief told that he was grieved of the attacks on Lebanon. He said that the weakness turns out into inability, but ‘Al Hamdolillah’ Pakistan was not weak.

Quizzed on acquiring F-16 from the US, Air Chief Tanvir Mahmood Ahmad told that the US Congress has given the final approval to the delivery of 44 F-16 to Pakistan. He said that these included 18 new and 26 those previous aircrafts made for Pakistan in 1990 and were being delivered now equipped with high-tech long- range weapons almost free of cost.

He told that we were also upgrading our existing 34 old F-16 and after acquiring the fresh lot from the US soon, Pakistan’s fleet of F-16 would make a total of 78.

He said that the PAF in next seven years would get so much stronger that none could even conceive of committing aggression against Pakistan.
Only 18 new jets???:cry:

Yes, 18 firm orders but 18 remain in option.

Neo said:
Yes, 18 firm orders but 18 remain in option.

18 are nothing as compared to IAF 126 MRCAs.
PAF will have 78 block 52 F16s (new + MLU) and IAF will get 140 MKI and 126 MRCA. again hi-tech ratio will be 1:4. back to square 1:frown:

Try to be less India-centric to see the real progress being made, numbers don't add up to quality.

Block 52 F-16 is one of the three types we'll induct, JF-17 and JF-20 are in the pipeline aswell, the latter will be better than the F-16.

Neo said:
Try to be less India-centric to see the real progress being made, numbers don't add up to quality.

Block 52 F-16 is one of the three types we'll induct, JF-17 and JF-20 are in the pipeline aswell, the latter will be better than the F-16.

JF20?? you mean F-10??
only 36 have chance!

Owais said:
JF20?? you mean F-10??
After the evaluation and modifications required by PAF the J-10 has been designated as JF-20.
only 36 have chance!
I'm not sure if the additional order for 18 will be materialised. All depends on JF-20, how soon it can be delivered.
It won't be available before 2010.

MrConcerned said:
>>the latter will be better than the F-16.

extremely doubtful.

Its expected to be better than the block 52 with a mixture of Chinese and European systems.
We'll have to wait a few years till the export version is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom