What's new

F-16 Block 15MLU/50/52 Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
TexasJohn said:
:devil: I like the song on the LCA clip!! That brings back some college day toga party memories!!!
You played with barbies...? :lol:
Just kiddin! ;)

Munir said:
Let us put it simple. Without those memory banks one needs other ECM recorderding planes and one needs to return to base to reprogram the ECM. It is less flexible. Yet with that many planes around (AWACS, ELINT) and probably alternatives (JF17/J10) it is not huge problem cause the opponent has not much superior options either. If PAF gets BVR communication, radar signatures of MKI then the war is not onesided at all.
and where will paf get radar signatures of MKI from ??

Munir said:
Bully,

Here you are shouting a statement that has no value. You are pretending that India is a superpower and anything that Pakistan has is pathetic.
i dont think anyone here pretends that india is a superpower.. but you fail to realize the level of economic difference its more of a 1-6/7 .. that itself determines a lot of difference in capabilites.
Let me entertain you shortly. If you look at the broader picture you will see that both nations have nukes and multiple delivery items. Both nations have more then a few point defence fighters. Chance of anyone leaving unharmed is practicly zero. Now somehow we can forget that and see only PAF and IAF.
the fact that you have to start your argument with "nukes".. itself show the level of insecurity you are living in.. it sounds like " see i have nukes .. you cant harm me any more " ..

What makes IAF so good? Those old mig21 that are shortlegged? Those Jaguars that antique? Those mig23/27 that are rusting? Those gone mig25? Or those few mirage 2000-H? The oldest versions of mig29? The only thing one can brag about is the MKI and ecen that is not superlicious.
it depends upon whom are we comparing IAF to if that PAF then surely IAF rocks.. its much stronger .. do you want to deny this please go ahead and give out some statistics. ??

It is a big plane and in the PAF-IAF arena one needs to see whether it will deliver results. Do mind that it is not BRF where you can arrogantly shout. Either show evidence or logic. What does India posses that should make Pakistan shaking? Those two decades left to produce imported MKI? Those imported Israeli AWACS?
and all these decades pakstian doesnt have anything near the imported MKI..
if you want a PAF - IAF comparison you know the answer ..and even for indian aviation industry and paksitani aviation industry comparision .. you know the answer .. dont you??

India is waiting to produce a basic jet.
india is developing a basic jet.. it has produced a good no of basic jets.. starting from mig21 to jags to now MKI's.. while pakstian is still waiting to produce a basic jet in the form of JF17..
while jf17 is a first production fighter jet for paksitan.. LCA is a first designed developed and made in india fighter plane..
what you are trying to do with JF17 is what we have already done with MKI.. and we all know whats a bigger achievement a MKI or a JF17.. ??
India failed even in producing a basic tank and now copied Pakistan with Tank-Ex (much lighter then Arjun). There is not one single arena where we should see India as a superpower or superpower to be. India is not able to produce high tech weapons and sofar it has never exported anything like that. Its airforce lacks trainers and high tech planes. Oops I forgot, it even lacks pilots...
again india is 6-7 times economically stronger than paksitan.. its military is much bigger than paksitan.. its aerospace industry is much bigger and better than paksitan... ..
about exported.. neither has paksitan exported anything like this..
And I can conclude that it lacks intellegent supporters on the net...
so does pakistan.. there are a lot of ignorant people from both countries trying to prove stuff without knowing anything.. and in fact to some extent you and me are no better than partially acknowledged about stuff like these planes..
problem is on both sides.. dont try to play a blame game its gonna go nowhere..

Let us think again when you talk about India being further...
further is again a relative term.. are you talking about further pakistan.. then when was it not the case??

Neo said:
You played with barbies...? :lol:
Just kiddin! ;)

Only I try not to mention those barbies in front of my wife. That's when I get a glare!!!;)

what you are trying to do with JF17 is what we have already done with MKI.. and we all know whats a bigger achievement a MKI or a JF17.. ??

A better comparison between the JF-17 would be the LCA, but then again there is no LCA..Where is it? We'll be waiting for whenever they'll manage to fly them off the ground.

On the other hand the JF-17 is complete, and should soon be seeing mass production before 2010, while India is going to start to fly their program after 2010..

Islamabad close to signing F-16 deal despite obstacles
Web posted at: 8/12/2006 2:9:4
Source ::: REUTERS

WASHINGTON • Pakistan appears close to signing a potential $5bn deal for an advanced F-16 fighter-jet package, despite stepped-up security demands pushed by US lawmakers, the official responsible for the sale said yesterday.

Air Force Lt Gen Jeffrey Kohler, head of the Pentagon’s Defence Security Cooperation Agency, said he expected a government-to-government pact locking in the purchase to be wrapped up as early as this month or the middle of next month.

The agreement would clear the way for the US Air Force to complete a so-called foreign military sales contract with Lockheed Martin Corp, which builds the F-16, as soon as November, he said.

Supplying updated F-16s to Pakistan is a key part of President Bush’s South Asia strategy, unveiled in March 2005 and aimed at boosting and balancing post-Sept. 11 security ties with India, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The sale would bolster President Pervez Musharraf in backing the US-declared global war on terror and expand US access, influence and leverage, US officials have said.

But Washington has demanded what it calls unprecedented steps to safeguard the advanced F-16C/D models, their spare parts and munitions from third parties—especially China, which has closed military ties to Pakistan.

Despite these stiff precautions, Pakistan would get a fighter said by Washington to be stripped of a cutting-edge offensive capability, supposedly incapable of delivering nuclear weapons and subject to U.S. government say on when it could be flown overseas.

On June 28, the Bush administration formally notified Congress of plans to sell Pakistan up to 36 Block 50/52 Falcon fighters, the most advanced F-16 flown by U.S. forces. Related sales involved upgrades for Pakistan’s older-model F-16s and munitions, including up to 500 AIM-120C AMRAAM air-to-air missiles, in a package with a combined value of up to $5bn if all options are exercised.

The initial security plan for the F-16s was presented to Congress on July 20 by John Hillen, the assistant secretary of state for political-military affairs, who described it as “extraordinary” and “unprecedented.”

In testimony to the House of Representatives’ International Relations Committee, Hillen highlighted segregation of the aircraft from third country-origin aircraft and munitions, semi-annual F-16 inventories and more frequent looks at associated systems by US personnel.

Still, the House panel’s top Republican and Democrat demanded even more US monitoring and oversight. Rep. Tom Lantos, the top Democrat, said he supported the sale, but was worried about technology security in a country “that produced the A.Q Khan nuclear network.”

Khan is a Pakistani scientist who confessed in 2004 to dodging international safeguards to smuggle banned nuclear wares to North Korea and Iran among others, purportedly acting on his own, with no state knowledge.

After a followup July 20 closed-door session with Lantos and others, Bush adminstration officials beefed up the F-16 related security plan in ways not made public.

“We responded to reasonable requests from members of Congress,” Kohler said by email through a spokesman. “And the changes should not be viewed as onerous by Pakistan.” The Pakistani embassy declined to comment.

Hillen, in his testimony, disclosed the United States was withholding unspecified technologies “that would usually go with an F16,” including ones that would let it “be used in offensive ways to penetrate air space of another country that was highly defended.”
In addition, F-16 flights outside of Pakistan, including exercises with others, “must be approved in advance by the US government,” he said.

SAAB, is cutting down its fleet of jas39, so now there is a lot of grippen jas39 fighter aircraft available this is a once in a life time oppurtunity for pakistan we must get those fighter jets jas39 is a fourth genaration fighter aircraft pakistan must do all it can to secure the sale of these saab grippen jas39 for the pakistan air force with out delay and must buy them at once.
thanks

www.defenceindustrydaily.com

SAAB, is cutting down its fleet of jas39, so now there is a lot of grippen jas39 fighter aircraft available this is a once in a life time oppurtunity for pakistan we must get those fighter jets jas39 is a fourth genaration fighter aircraft pakistan must do all it can to secure the sale of these saab grippen jas39 for the pakistan air force with out delay and must buy them at once.thanks

www.defenceindustrydaily.com[/quote]

SAAB/BAE just offered some to Bulgaria yesterday. I dont think Pakistan is interested in the JAS Gripen anymore . Why buy a fighter jet that is equally prone to sanctions and inferior to the Block60/52 F-16 ?

SAAB, is cutting down its fleet of jas39, so now there is a lot of grippen jas39 fighter aircraft available this is a once in a life time oppurtunity for pakistan we must get those fighter jets jas39 is a fourth genaration fighter aircraft pakistan must do all it can to secure the sale of these saab grippen jas39 for the pakistan air force with out delay and must buy them at once.thanks

www.defenceindustrydaily.com

SAAB/BAE just offered some to Bulgaria yesterday. I dont think Pakistan is interested in the JAS Gripen anymore . Why buy a fighter jet that is equally prone to sanctions and inferior to the Block60/52 F-16 ?
Grippen is inferior to F16 bolck 50/52 in payload due to small engine as compared to F100-PW-229 but have almost same avionics as block 50/52 have.

Grippen is inferior to F16 bolck 50/52 in payload due to small engine as compared to F100-PW-229 but have almost same avionics as block 50/52 have.

I can only hope and wish that someone, somewhere, will realize that Pakistan is getting ready to spend copious quantities of money on an airframe that is very much at "end of life" even for the USAF, regardless of the " block". It is nothing more than a marketing strategy to keep a few good old boys employed in Ft.Worth.

There are other planes out there that do outperform the F-16. Please do think:read: about it!

I can only hope and wish that someone, somewhere, will realize that Pakistan is getting ready to spend copious quantities of money on an airframe that is very much at "end of life" even for the USAF, regardless of the " block". It is nothing more than a marketing strategy to keep a few good old boys employed in Ft.Worth.

There are other planes out there that do outperform the F-16. Please do think:read: about it!

There is no doubt that i agree TexasJohn on this.

But Man this is the only thing which has been offered to Pakistan or has been allowed for sale to Pakistan and after plenty of questions and doubts. Plus there can be other incentives Us offering as well with this F-16 deal. Some thing is better than nothing, i would say here.

This is one of the reasons we've downscaled the order. ;)

How many operational Mig-29's plus Su-27's does the Indian airforce have in total? It can't be more than a 100 is it?

This is one of the reasons we've downscaled the order. ;)

I think they had to buy a certain number of planes to be able to qualify for the substantial munitions package that PAF has gotten plus the MLUs for the A/B models. This package is far more comprehensive than anything Pakistan could have gotten from France or China.

How many operational Mig-29's plus Su-27's does the Indian airforce have in total? It can't be more than a 100 is it?
they dont have any su-27 instead they have su-30 and mig-29 which is around 200 is a great threat towards pakistan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom