What's new

F-16 vs F/A-18 hornet

While we are on the same topic ... i would like to quote something from Wiki.

<WIKI>
There are several related developments of the Su-27 design. The Su-30 is a two-seat, dual-role fighter for all-weather, air-to-air and air-to-surface deep interdiction missions; comparable to F-15E Strike Eagle. Su-33 &#8216;Flanker-D&#8217; is a navy fleet defense interceptor for use on aircraft carriers; comparable to F/A-18E/F Super Hornet. Further versions include the side-by-side 2-seat Su-34 &#8216;Fullback&#8217; strike variant and the Su-35 &#8216;Flanker-E&#8217; improved air defense fighter.

Background

In 1969 the Soviet Union learned of the U.S. Air Force's "F-X" program, which resulted in the F-15 Eagle. The Soviet leadership soon realized that the new American fighter would represent a serious technological advantage over existing Soviet fighters. What was needed was a better-balanced fighter with both good agility and sophisticated systems. In response, the Soviet General Staff issued a requirement for a Perspektivnyy Frontovoy Istrebitel (PFI, literally "Perspective Frontline Fighter", roughly "Advanced Frontline Fighter").[1] Specifications were extremely ambitious, calling for long range, good short-field performance (including the ability to use austere runways), excellent agility, Mach 2+ speed, and heavy armament. The aerodynamic design for the new aircraft was largely carried out by TsAGI in collaboration with the Sukhoi design bureau.

When the specification proved too challenging and costly for a single aircraft in the number needed, the PFI specification was split into two: the LPFI (Lyogkyi PFI, Lightweight PFI) and the TPFI (Tyazholyi PFI, Heavy PFI). The LPFI program resulted in the MiG-29, a relatively short-range tactical fighter, while the TPFI program was assigned to Sukhoi OKB, which eventually produced the Su-27 and its various derivatives. The TPFI program is similar to the American F-X program, which resulted in the F-15 Eagle, while the LPFI program is similar to the Lightweight Fighter program, which spawned the F-16 Fighting Falcon and the Northrop YF-17, which itself led to the F/A-18 Hornet.

Design phase

The Sukhoi design, which was altered progressively to reflect Soviet awareness of the F-15's specifications, emerged as the T-10 (Sukhoi's 10th delta wing design), which first flew on 20 May 1977.

</WIKI>

This is the origins of the fighter, whole Indian nation is proud of ... either you are a fool ... or your entire nation is.

Sukhoi Su-30MKI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
also you can read this for your knolledge.

You know PAFACE, it's really funny how Indians are discrediting F-16 even the newer blocks just because PAF has F-16.Good Good, Too Much Obsession with Pakistan.Half of the posters probably don't even know the technical info to compare them but just looking at the pictures making their own silly comparisons....

Actually the Indian air force seem very interested in the F16..according to reports I have read in other forums the F-16 flew a lot more in the tests than the F-18.

As for the thread,the F-16 won a contest with the F-17 for a light aircraft dogfigther for the US airforce.The F-18 Superhornet which is being offered is a different plane from the F-17 which was modified as a ground attack carrier based aircraft and became the F-18 hornet.

It depends on what India wants and that is not clear anymore.

Well. Gentleman the basic difference between f 16 and f 18 is that f 18 is specifically designed for seas and f 16 is a multi-purpose fighter. Now coming to your question that which one is better then let me tell you its not the machine but the man behind the machine that matters.

Well. Gentleman the basic difference between f 16 and f 18 is that f 18 is specifically designed for seas and f 16 is a multi-purpose fighter. Now coming to your question that which one is better then let me tell you its not the machine but the man behind the machine that matters.

Well arent we comparing these two imagining the best men are behind them??:what::what::what:

If that logic is right even an old generation fighter can be better against these more sophisticated ones.:cheers:

:lol: are we comparing the two or discussing MRCA anyways, nothing to compare F18 have an edge on F16

first of all there is no mension of su-30 here with first fligt date.
And also there is vast difference between su-30 first flown and su-30MKI of today. Most of the things have been modified. Unlike f-16 same as 1974.

LOL.funniest thing i ever heard.:rofl:

I think it will be very difficult for India to take Rafale or Euro fighter after Hillary Clinton's press conference in New Dehli.... And most of the Indians know this fact very well. That's why comparison is being done between F-16 and F-18 only.

Hillary Clinton is not big enough in India that GoI will fall for her charm offensive. If India can voice in favor of Iran on such a crucial international issue, fighter jet selection will most certainly be based on IAF needs and value for money.
:cheers:

I think you have some mental illness, can you provide a post where i have compared JF-17 to a Su-30MKI ?? Don't paste the blame of others on me. If you are stupid enough it doesn't means all others are too.

Look at the language u r using and u r moderator of forum. He did not meant u compared either, there is polite way of responding.

Back
Top Bottom