What's new

F-22p News & Discussions

:lol: most of us thought first F-22P is in pakistan but here is the real story...

Chinese F-22P frigate to arrive on 19th
By Our Defence Correspondent

ISLAMABAD—The first F-22P Frigate constructed for Pakistan Navy at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard in Shanghai China under Sino-Pak joint project will reach at Karachi port on 19th September.
The F-22P Frigate was delivered to Pakistan Navy on 31st July 2009 at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard in Shanghai, China in a ceremony in which Pakistan national flag was hoisted at ship with the band playing national anthem.
Chinese Navy, Chinese Government Authorities and senior officers of Pakistan Navy including Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Noman Bashir attended the ceremony.
Sources said that Pakistan and China had inked a project “Sino-Pak joint project” of US $ 750 million in 2005. According to the project China will provide four F-22P Frigates to Pakistan. The construction of F-22P Frigates weighing 25000 tons was started in 2005 while rest of the three Ships is being underway. The last vessel will be delivered to Pakistan by 2013.
It is also said that the frigates are equipped with state-of-the-art weaponry and sensors and would also deploy the Z9EC helicopter as an integral part of the platform. F-22P Frigates will arrive at Karachi Port (Kemari) on 19th September 2009 after travel of 51 days.

I hope to be able to see the performance of F-22P in exercise in the future .

wel it looks quite capable atleast on paper. i hope it is able to perfor to its potential in real practise. as far as paper specs are concerned it is great with some stealth features, C803 anti-ship missiles! goal-keeper equivalent gataling gun, 76mm main gun with good rate of fire, Z9 chopper onboard for ASW role, anti-air missiles couples with the CIWS! fine enough radars and control systems!!
i guess it will be a nice induction!!

regards!

I visited the wiki page on the F-22P. It looks like a very capable warship atleast on paper. But I have a question regarding the specs given on wiki
F-22P
Displacement: 2500 tons
Length: 111.7 m
Beam: 12.4m

The F-22p is classfied as a 'Frigate' by the PN

Now look at the specs of the P-28 corvettes of the IN under construction.(First delivery in 2012...last in 2014)

Displacement: 2500tons
Length: 109.1m
beam: 13.7m

These are classified as Corvettes by the IN

Does the PN follow a different naming convention or are the specs given on wiki wrong? :what:

I visited the wiki page on the F-22P. It looks like a very capable warship atleast on paper. But I have a question regarding the specs given on wiki
F-22P
Displacement: 2500 tons
Length: 111.7 m
Beam: 12.4m

The F-22p is classfied as a 'Frigate' by the PN

Now look at the specs of the P-28 corvettes of the IN under construction.(First delivery in 2012...last in 2014)

Displacement: 2500tons
Length: 109.1m
beam: 13.7m

These are classified as Corvettes by the IN

Does the PN follow a different naming convention or are the specs given on wiki wrong? :what:

Both are 'light' frigates. F22P has a stronger ASuW orientation, while P28 is more oriented towards ASW (it lacks AShM! But it could be accompanied by e.g. Kora/Kukri class, which are strong in ASuW but lacking in ASW/AAW.).

Last edited:
arrival pictures? no???????

KARACHI, Aug 25 (APP): Pakistan Navy’s newly acquired state of art guided missile Frigate, PNS Zulfiquar, is visiting Malaysia and will stay at port Klang from August 27 to 30, says a message received here on Tuesday. This is the second visit of Pakistani Naval ships to Malaysia during this year reflecting greater cooperation between the Navies of Malaysia and Pakistan.
Earlier, this year two Pakistan Flag Carrier Naval Ships, PNS Nasr and PNS Badr with embarked helicopters anchored at Port Kelang from 4th to 7th April, 2009 on a goodwill mission to Malaysia and carried out joint passage exercises etc.
According to High Commissioner for Pakistan in Malaysia, Lt. General (Retd) Tahir Mahmud Qazi, PNS Zulfiquar is the first F-22P Frigate constructed for Pakistan Navy at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard in Shanghai, and was formally handed over to Pakistan on 30th July, 2009 at a ceremony held in Shangai.

url]

oh ,the man swimming in the sea must be a soldier of the Pakistani navy. So far, the 251 destroyer is still a secret.
:smokin:

Last edited:
price is not termend as a secret friend, ,,,

things ragarding eletronics such as radars , anti-sub sonars and inside Control platform

yes, the exact specs on such systems onboard is not know and it may never be,
but such specifications are not made public by any other country for any other ship either! so there is not a big deal in PN and chines keeping them secret!

regards!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom