What's new

F-35 meets J-20 over South China Sea

kursed

Reaction score
The first picture of F-35 meeting a J-20 over SCS has emerged.

1647440691987.png

1647440535396.png

1647440509996.png

1647440737275.png

Attachments

• 1647440559315.png
    1647440559315.png
    627.4 KB · Views: 69
This pl15 something very interesting and USA feared of…. It seems that they have made good analysis’ of it

Photo is from J20, not F35, look at the canard visible from the cockpit.

I doubt this text honestly, "seem to fly professionally" they weren't dogfighting if that encounter even existed. What's professional about calmly flying?

Photo is from J20, not F35, look at the canard visible from the cockpit.

I doubt this text honestly, "seem to fly professionally" they weren't dogfighting if that encounter even existed. What's professional about calmly flying?
It means the general is mildly surprised that the J-20 pilots were not what we call 'hot dogging' it. Flying straight and level in view of potential adversaries is expected of disciplined pilots. Remember that one of their guys was 'hot dogging' near a lumbering four engines prop jobber and smacked into the bigger aircraft, killing the Chinese pilot. Re Hainan Incident.

It means the general is mildly surprised that the J-20 pilots were not what we call 'hot dogging' it. Flying straight and level in view of potential adversaries is expected of disciplined pilots. Remember that one of their guys was 'hot dogging' near a lumbering four engines prop jobber and smacked into the bigger aircraft, killing the Chinese pilot. Re Hainan Incident.
Hot dogging is just showing off, doing crazy maneuvers around the F35 for example,

he's surprised the J20 flew straight, as it should?

If that's what he meant by professional flying, yeah I agree
Hot dogging is just showing off, doing crazy maneuvers around the F35 for example,

he's surprised the J20 flew straight, as it should?

Hi, Gambit. I remember you were sceptical of J-20's low observability. Do you still stand by your view? How suited do you think is the J-20 to China's air warfare doctrine?

Hi, Gambit. I remember you were sceptical of J-20's low observability. Do you still stand by your view? How suited do you think is the J-20 to China's air warfare doctrine?
I still believe the J-20 have a higher RCS than the F-22 and F-35. For the second question, this is where I admire the Chinese scientists. Big Brass Balls they have. I bet they clang loudly whenever they walk.

The J-20 is supposed to go after US air components that extends US airpower: AWACS and refuelers. The current PLAAF inventory can already do that. When I was a young pup just entered the USAF, our training flight had the treat of meeting a Red Flag and Weapons School veteran, a senior major. There were the inevitable 'ooohss' and 'aaaahhhss'. In the USAF, Red Flag and Weapons School 'Patch' are rock stars. In the USN, it is Top Gun. Anyway, the major was there as part of a motivational tour and showed us an exercise plan that were with and without AWACS/refueler support because some of us would be assigned to either platform, and the AF does not want anyone to feel bad if they did not get assigned to fighter or bomber.

The refueler differences were dramatic. Mission range were 1/2. Sorties were doubled which increased aircrew fatigue which affected bombing range accuracy which increased sorties and so on. Ground crews were also affected because they had to work overtime to turn the jets.

The AWACS differences were equally impacting. There is no denying how fortunate US flyers are with the AWACS crew having that "God's Eye" view of the airspace. Individual four-ship flights can better plan their ingress/egress. Because fighters radars can only look ahead, with AWACS can look all over, aircrews feels better with someone covering their six. The list of what a single AWACS on station can do is amazing and I will not go into the details here.

The Chinese scientists can depart from their dependency on their Russian counterparts with a 'non-stealth' version of the J-20. But they doubled their bets that would impress the dealers at Vegas. They took a defunct Soviet project and what they learned about 'stealth' from the US and created something functional. They left their Soviet/Russian mentors behind and got into the rear view mirrors of the Americans. The J-20 can threaten the US air extensions components and 4th gen platforms, at least on theory for the latter. So overall, I think the J-20 is a credit to the Chinese scientists and can be a formidable threat to US airpower. The problem is whether the PLAAF leadership can use it effectively in light of the fact that the US have decades of using 'stealth' in ways that are still classified.

I’m sorry guys, I believe got too excited with the news and posted pics directly via my phone without verification. My bad.

The news that F35 has come up against the J20 stands though.

I still believe the J-20 have a higher RCS than the F-22 and F-35. For the second question, this is where I admire the Chinese scientists. Big Brass Balls they have. I bet they clang loudly whenever they walk.

The J-20 is supposed to go after US air components that extends US airpower: AWACS and refuelers. The current PLAAF inventory can already do that. When I was a young pup just entered the USAF, our training flight had the treat of meeting a Red Flag and Weapons School veteran, a senior major. There were the inevitable 'ooohss' and 'aaaahhhss'. In the USAF, Red Flag and Weapons School 'Patch' are rock stars. In the USN, it is Top Gun. Anyway, the major was there as part of a motivational tour and showed us an exercise plan that were with and without AWACS/refueler support because some of us would be assigned to either platform, and the AF does not want anyone to feel bad if they did not get assigned to fighter or bomber.

The refueler differences were dramatic. Mission range were 1/2. Sorties were doubled which increased aircrew fatigue which affected bombing range accuracy which increased sorties and so on. Ground crews were also affected because they had to work overtime to turn the jets.

The AWACS differences were equally impacting. There is no denying how fortunate US flyers are with the AWACS crew having that "God's Eye" view of the airspace. Individual four-ship flights can better plan their ingress/egress. Because fighters radars can only look ahead, with AWACS can look all over, aircrews feels better with someone covering their six. The list of what a single AWACS on station can do is amazing and I will not go into the details here.

The Chinese scientists can depart from their dependency on their Russian counterparts with a 'non-stealth' version of the J-20. But they doubled their bets that would impress the dealers at Vegas. They took a defunct Soviet project and what they learned about 'stealth' from the US and created something functional. They left their Soviet/Russian mentors behind and got into the rear view mirrors of the Americans. The J-20 can threaten the US air extensions components and 4th gen platforms, at least on theory for the latter. So overall, I think the J-20 is a credit to the Chinese scientists and can be a formidable threat to US airpower. The problem is whether the PLAAF leadership can use it effectively in light of the fact that the US have decades of using 'stealth' in ways that are still classified.
For USA, it is in its interest to keep stealth technology confidential. But for China, it is in China's interest to popularize stealth technology all over the world.
China is a global trading country, and trade needs stability and peace. Only in this way can we maintain more peace by balancing the military strength of all countries and making the world multipolar.
USA is a country eager for war. We are different.

We will make 5G fighters available to all countries. In the future, USA will not be able to invade other countries at will.
IMG_20220317_095720.jpg

IMG_20220317_095759.jpg

For USA, it is in its interest to keep stealth technology confidential. But for China, it is in China's interest to popularize stealth technology all over the world.
China is a global trading country, and trade needs stability and peace. Only in this way can we maintain more peace by balancing the military strength of all countries and making the world multipolar.
USA is a country eager for war. We are different.

We will make 5G fighters available to all countries. In the future, USA will not be able to invade other countries at will.
View attachment 824788

View attachment 824789
In a turn of events, China would be the one truly “democratizing” the technology.

Back
Top Bottom