What's new

F-35s Struggle To Fly! Frustrated South Korea Says Its US-Origin Stealth Fighters Marred By Defects

F35 is a unremarkable plane. it tries to do so many different things and it makes it mediocre, bring back Specialized Aircraft!
The stupidity of this comment is not grounded in technical understanding but in ignorance and personal animus against the US. The implied issues within have been discussed and debunked where necessary.

F35 is a unremarkable plane. it tries to do so many different things and it makes it mediocre, bring back Specialized Aircraft!

F-35 were NEVER meant to be a specific platform. The were used to replace multi-role platform like F-16 or F-15 Strike Eagle.

The problem is, people saw F-35 like they are air superiority fighter, but they were actually designed from ground up as average jack of all trade fighter with Air Superiority mission tendency, which is why USAF is buying 1700 F-35.

Thing is, a lot of thing people don't know F-35 can do, and F-35 is outright lethal on many of the term, if it was paired with a EA-18G growler, it will make a killer SEAD plane, because it can sense, attack and communicate with the present of Jammer aircraft, this is a capability no other country have in the world, basically make it a sure things for SEAD mission.

On the other hand, being stealth mean they are lethal even if they had run out of missile, because F-35 can do this

They can loiter in an area and direct any weapon fire from anything (Ship, other aircraft and so on) on basically anything within its range. In Army term, a sniper can only snipe a single target before he reveals their position, so a sniper with a sniping rifle only have limited capability, but if you give a sniper a radio set, he can be hidden on the same spot calling in accurate airstrike and artillery strike by guiding the incoming without revealing his/her location, which make it a force multiplier, since very accurate air/artillery strike would have a lot bigger effect on target, that that effect came from a single man on the field, in this case, a single aircraft in the air. And bear in mind, that was done in 2016, now I am pretty certain it can link with the drone F-35 control, which made even an empty F-35 even deadlier.

Sure, if you pitch it on a air superiority mission, they may or may not be able to fight fighter on par with the F-22, but why they need to when you already have F-22? F-35 is always a support role fighter, it always was, and it always has been.

The stupidity of this comment is not grounded in technical understanding but in ignorance and personal animus against the US. The implied issues within have been discussed and debunked where necessary.

by disliking f35 , does not make anti American okay

IThis is exactly what a few wise politicians warned against. The F-35 is supposed to eventually replace ALL similar platforms in the Air Force and in Navy Aviation. Which somewhere in the future could be a significant risk. There are still plenty of other platforms available, but at some stage there won't. This is a warning to rethink the one-platform idea.

by disliking f35 , does not make anti American okay

IThis is exactly what a few wise politicians warned against. The F-35 is supposed to eventually replace ALL similar platforms in the Air Force and in Navy Aviation. Which somewhere in the future could be a significant risk. There are still plenty of other platforms available, but at some stage there won't. This is a warning to rethink the one-platform idea.
When I said your comment was based from ignorance, I was correct. For example, explain the A-4 Skyhawk variants.

Imagine spending trllions and even after a decade of work it isn't very reliable. If i was client, i would have been very disappointed. but since they are happily burning tax money, nobody cares.

I published a book on Japanese style quality management more than 10 years ago, and i have managed many people working in engineering field.

From my view, experience, high IQ, disciplines and a culture dedicated to quality will make quality product. The Chinese used to lack experience. The Russian lacks work ethics and high IQ. The US used to have an experienced workforce and a good Anglo Saxon culture dedicated to quality.

But the US now seems to be conquered by a primitive culture dedicated to jungle freedom rather than hard work, and their workforce are no longer Anglo Saxon in both appearance and culture. In the meantime, the Chinese has been gaining experiences.

The Chinese will win, eventually.

When I said your comment was based from ignorance, I was correct. For example, explain the A-4 Skyhawk variants.

Yes, it is an obsolete airplane, last built 41 years ago. Only a few remain in service, a handful in Argentina and Brazil and some used for Aggressor Training in the US. What’s your point ?

Yes, it is an obsolete airplane, last built 41 years ago. Only a few remain in service, a handful in Argentina and Brazil and some used for Aggressor Training in the US. What’s your point ?
My point is still the same -- that you do not know what you are talking about when you criticized the F-35 for being multi-platform and multi-service.

The A-4 was designed to be a lightweight attack fighter and it served multiple services and multiple countries. If you take a look at the history of fighter aircrafts, every fighter ended up being multi service and/or multi platforms. The F-4 served the USAF, USN, and the USMC from being fleet defense to recon. Even the F-14 was experimented with bomb delivery. So what make the F-35 unique in this regard? Nothing. Except for being a jack-of-all-trades, the F-35 raised the bars of all those trades. Lastly, the US is not the only country that builds multi service and multi platforms fighters. Can you find out what those other countries are? :rolleyes:

The West used to mock Russian fighter jets for being high maintaince..

Look how the tides have turned.

F-35 is snake oil, bulky, slow

If it was real deal US wouldnt have exported it to other countries.

Does Israel ever share its Iron Dome tech? No.
F35 is by no means bulky or slow. On paper it has less speed but in a practical scenario its faster than most of its opposition due to its internal bay. F35s have also scored quite high against f16s in WVR. Apparently maintaining a 5th generation fighter is hard when you are a new user without many spare parts. The f35 is currently the best 5th generation aircraft.

Last edited:
The West used to mock Russian fighter jets for being high maintaince..

Look how the tides have turned.

F-35 is snake oil, bulky, slow

If it was real deal US wouldnt have exported it to other countries.

Does Israel ever share its Iron Dome tech? No.

the f-35 is a brand new, high tech fighter, the only reason you get to hear about its flaws is these governments hold others accountable publicly, for all we know this could be happening with the j-20 etc, we will never hear about it

the f-35 is a brand new, high tech fighter, the only reason you get to hear about its flaws is these governments hold others accountable publicly, for all we know this could be happening with the j-20 etc, we will never hear about it
J-10 crash had been reported and witnessed, if J-20 crashed but there's no one reporting or seeing the crash, J-20 could be really invisible.

Remember that PDF aviation 'experts' criticized the concurrent engineering aspect of the F-35 that it was a stupid idea, except they forgot to tell Boeing and Airbus how stupid is the idea...

Global competition, short innovation cycles and cost pressure force companies to constantly increase the efficiency of their internal processes. The article starts with an introduction to the term Concurrent Engineering, gives an overview of the aircraft development process and briefly discusses the digital design and engineering processes. The main part of the article focuses on the Airbus Concurrent Engineering (ACE) initiative. The salient objectives, processes and the implementation framework are presented. Product Data Management (PDM) is a key enabler and the specific Airbus approach is discussed in some detail. Finally the importance of knowledge-based development and knowledge management is outlined.​

At this point of the F-35 deployment, the critics have no idea how stupid they are with their continual dredging up debunked arguments. These yayhoos can barely tell the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom