What's new

Fake PAF J-10 Picture on Wikipedia.

Beskar

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Came across this horrendous Photoshop job on Wiki's Pakistan Air force Article. Whoever uploaded this should learn a few things or two about Digital alteration. :lol:

Caption reads: PAF's FC-20 Under Flight Trials in Chengdu

Lol x 5

^^^^ it looks great..

Looking closely at the PAF Insignia on the wings, one has to deny the laws of Physics in order to accept it as a reality lol.

Poor use of clone stamp...if the artist can only stick with low opacity layers then iam sure that he can make good picture.

Check out this professional art.

562445f2a9a26a2cacf77907c6f07b47.jpg

Poor use of clone stamp...if the artist can only stick with low opacity layers then iam sure that he can make good picture.

its not looking original by the way not pro photoshop art!

Using Magic Wand and Playing around with Hue and Saturation isn't really that professional :P

Using Magic Wand and Playing around with Hue and Saturation isn't really that professional

It's not hue saturation genius . He probably made use of difference/exclusion mode in clone stamp tool /

Came across this horrendous Photoshop job on Wiki's Pakistan Air force Article. Whoever uploaded this should learn a few things or two about Digital alteration.

Caption reads: PAF's FC-20 Under Flight Trials in Chengdu

I have no idea who uploaded it on Wikipedia But it is my Pic . I edited this J-10 .

p.s. do share ur wisdom abt digital alternation and what mistakes ur highness thinks need to be corrected /

I have no idea who uploaded it on Wikipedia But it is my Pic . I edited this J-10 .

p.s. do share ur wisdom abt digital alternation and what mistakes ur highness thinks need to be corrected /

Well I'm glad that at least my thread brought you to our forums. So first of all, Welcome to the forum!

Secondly, No need to get cocky. If you can't take constructive criticism, then you're not an artist by any standards. (Though I'm not saying that you are)

Thirdly, Your alignment for the Insignia's on the wings is not correct. They're not aligned with the wing's surface and anybody with some common sense could spot that mistake from a mile out. Secondly, the opacity levels of the insignia's are not solid. I' thinking you left it at probably 70 to 75%. It should've been 100% and your alignment would've taken care of the solid look.

As for your previous post, that actually IS nothing more than wand selections of different areas and change of "Hue/Saturation". Actually that's the most easy way to achieve that desired effect, which in my opinion was done rather badly in that case.

I uploaded it ...I know its a fake pic .....I tried to put 3 pics b4 of J-10 for the last one year but it gets removed this time i put this file away from the J-10 article.....

I uploaded it ...I know its a fake pic .....I tried to put 3 pics b4 of J-10 for the last one year but it gets removed this time i put this file away from the J-10 article.....

Well I took a look at your files that were removed and that's because you CLAIM that ALL those images are your "Own" work lol.

If you give the proper license details about the "original" author, it won't get removed.

Well I'm glad that at least my thread brought you to our forums. So first of all, Welcome to the forum!

Secondly, No need to get cocky. If you can't take constructive criticism, blah blah blah..... (Though I'm not saying that you are)

Yeah thanx. I actually registered a couple of years before, but this is my first post, thanks to u . Ur criticizm was everything but constructive. Using words like 'horrendous' and comments like 'learn a few things' would definitely elicit an unfriendly response. P.s. positive criticism is expressed in polite manner rather than insulting words and being 'Objective' rather than 'Subjective' as was in above case . Well, I end it here and let's continue the discussion.

As for your previous post, that actually IS nothing more than wand selections of different areas and change of "Hue/Saturation". Actually that's the most easy way to achieve that desired effect, which in my opinion was done rather badly in that case.

First u must know what camoflague do Gripens wear . It is not in Patches but in two tone grey color, light on the Radome and dark on rest of the plane . SO, there is no way that by using wand tool u can select such precise pattern as it wud take enough of anybody's useful time and still not that perfect . Moreover if Hue/sat. command was used then it wud also have painted the bright areas exposed to sunlight ,which is not the case here. So i wud guess he used another plane with boxed camoflague pattern and used it as a clone source and then by selecting differnce/exclusion brush and reducing the opacity in brush section painted it all over the Jet/ :coffee:

Last edited:
a2212de2f89cb21bed355189575c7120.jpg

This is the retouched version . And keeping it objective plz point out any short comings in a civilized manner, i'll be glad to improve.

The pic and a little description can be viewed here @ PR BloG

Last edited:
Nice try friend..but i'll suggest that if you create 50-70 PS pictures then after getting experience over merging low-opacity layers,using clone stamp and Polynomial Lasso....then you'll be ready to add new color scheme on any aircraft.What i have learned from my past experience on PS is that managing too many layers without overlapping is really a hard nut to crack.Tackling with colour shades is one of the most difficult things in these kind of pictures.

Do emphasize on angle of shadows in original picture and try your best to fit the newly added layer in the picture.

Though i have create a large number of PS images but still i have added colour schemes in only two pictures...one was a Bk52 picture and other one is posted below...you may have seen original picture of Pt-04...if not i'll post it here.

PS:Sorry for smaller version...iam actually violating my website's policy!

Back
Top Bottom