What's new

Famous muhajirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand why some Pakistanis label Muhajirs as an ethnic group...Muhajirs are Muslim migrants. There are tons of Muhajirs worldwide.

They came from widespread background from India like Biharis, UP, Gujaratis, Hyderabadi and gave rise to the mixup and they now are different from the culture of the region they came from. Now, ever their accent is different.

They came from widespread background from India like Biharis, UP, Gujaratis, Hyderabadi and gave rise to the mixup and they now are different from the culture of the region they came from. Now, ever their accent is different.

Giga_Watt tu kahan tha mere .............dost merey yaar

chumma de

Ir doesn't matter from country to country! They say prophet (saw) migrated from Makkah to Medinah.

people were migrating to Pakistan even before Pakistan was made.

Muhajir is not an ethnic group!

you are right - agreed its not an ethinic group .. however in21st century the urban dictionary refers them so i will stick to that

I dont understand why some Pakistanis label Muhajirs as an ethnic group...Muhajirs are Muslim migrants. There are tons of Muhajirs worldwide.

we don't label them an ethnic group.

Only our MQM walas on the one hand claim they are Hindustani people, they claim they are mohajir and still want to eat up Pakistan as their property that's the main issue.

Why is it that those Punjabis who crossed over from Indian Punjab not considered Muhajirs? Is this not the reason that eventually allowed the Urdu speaking migrants to establish themselves as a sort of an ethnic group in Pakistan? And is the continuing classification of Muhajirs a blow to the Two-Nation theory too as it makes it clear that a difference exists between migrants and original inhabitants?

Would be happy to get some Pakistani viewpoints/ clarifications to this.

we don't label them an ethnic group.

Only our MQM walas on the one hand claim they are Hindustani people, they claim they are mohajir and still want to eat up Pakistan as their property that's the main issue.

I came across this article few days back.
My Muhajir identity and partition: A burden for generations – by Naveed Ali

So there I was in the line, my turn came, Rangers’ Jawan (Soldier) checked my university ID card (not sure if he knew how to read it, he could have hold it upside down if there was not my photo on it), looked at it, then looked at me and asked “Hindustani ho?” (You are an Indian?). Well, for few seconds, blood stopped in my veins, I felt a cold running through my body and I looked at him with so much anger that he took two or three steps back. I did not say a word and he handed me my card back, I took few steps forward and then came back to him, “I am a Pakistani” he smiled nervously and looked at his senior for help who was standing few steps away, but he preferred to look away as well, that was a mistake which could cost them heavily and best way for them was to ignore as nothing happened. Students any way were challenging and unexpected for these human machines trained to obey and follow. This was not first neither the last time I was called a Hindustani, Muhajir (migrant) was the usual identity I had to carry since I started to go out into society, in school, in hospitals, in bank or to any social event and gathering, I was and I still am a Muhajir, though I was born in Pakistan, though I have never been to India, but strange how many generations have to carry the burden of this decision.

Famous muhajirs are Prophet (PBUH) and his companions. Then comes the 4-5 million people who sacrificed themselves at the hands of sikhs and hindus while migrating towards Pakistan.

Why is it that those Punjabis who crossed over from Indian Punjab not considered Muhajirs? Is this not the reason that eventually allowed the Urdu speaking migrants to establish themselves as a sort of an ethnic group in Pakistan? And is the continuing classification of Muhajirs a blow to the Two-Nation theory too as it makes it clear that a difference exists between migrants and original inhabitants?

Would be happy to get some Pakistani viewpoints/ clarifications to this.

Almost all Pakistanis on this forum will tell you that they are only similar to 3% Indians(Indian Punjabis) and not similar to remaining 97% Indians.

:lol: from a blog and probably coming from another victim card holder.

Are you saying no such thing happens. Lot many PDF Pakistanis says such things here and even you have used such words. :cheesy:

next in line is @W.11 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying no such thing happens. Lot many PDF Pakistanis says such things here and even you have used such words. :cheesy:

she is one household bigot aunty

Famous muhajirs are Prophet (PBUH) and his companions. Then comes the 4-5 million people who sacrificed themselves at the hands of sikhs and hindus while migrating towards Pakistan.

huh,the death toll of the partition is estimated to be 1 to 1.5 million.

she is one household bigot aunty

pashtuns are a bit too fanatical.Saw it in Ghilzai .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom