What's new

Famous Qawal Amjad Sabbri killed in target killing. RIP

Sad end to this wonderful asset.

Rest in Heaven.

Amjad Sabri was such a humble person who grew up in a low income neighborhood. He supported and even fed his whole extended family members who live in the same street in Liaquatabad.
3-6.jpg

576a7ee3e2b0a.jpg

Amjad Sabri with his father Haji Ghulaam Fareed Sabri.

Leave 'no stone unturned' in search for Sabri murder, Awais kidnapping perpetrators: COAS
DAWN.COM | MATEEN HAIDER — UPDATED ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO
WHATSAPP
63 COMMENTS
PRINT
RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif in a high-level briefing at Rangers Headquarters Karachi on Sunday directed all commanders to leave 'no stone unturned' finding the perpetrators behind the Amjad Sabri murder and Awais Shah kidnapping.

The army chief's visit to Karachi comes days after the high-profile kidnapping of the Sindh High Court chief justice's son Awais Shah and the assassination of famed qawwal Amjad Sabri, who was gunned down in Liaquatabad by unidentified motorcyclists in an attack claimed by the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan.

Shah's kidnapping and Sabri's murder occurred within days of each other, causing fear and panic to spread among residents of Karachi, where citizens had perceived an improvement in the law and order situation since the initiation of the Rangers-led operation in 2013.

Gen Raheel was briefed in detail by Director General (DG) Rangers Major General Bilal Akbar on the paramilitary force's ongoing operation, the law and order situation and the way forward for Karachi during the meeting.

Referring to recent incidents, the army chief directed all commanders, including those of intelligence agencies, to continue working hand-in-glove, leaving no stone unturned finding the perpetrators.

The COAS reiterated that the Karachi operation focuses on the entire network of terrorists, their abettors and financiers, and will continue until peace is restored to the city.

Every form of assistance, including intelligence and material combat support, will be provided to the Rangers to accomplish their mission, he said.

General Raheel Sharif also commended Sindh Rangers for the sacrifices they have rendered and for their achievements.

"The determination, courage and resolve of Sind Rangers, to rid the city of terrorists and criminals has earned them the widest respect from the people of Karachi," said the COAS.

'Noticeable improvement, but terror network needs to be dismantled'
General Raheel Sharif, in a meeting at the Corps Headquarters Karachi on Sunday evening, said the ongoing operation had brought about a noticeable improvement in the law and order situation of the metropolis.

“As we progress to target crime and terror syndicate network, we need to keep our focus on actionable human and technical intelligence and totally dismantle their support structure,” said the COAS during the meeting.

The army chief added the operation has now entered a phase where terrorists and their abettors are badly bruised, isolated and hence will go for softer targets in order to survive and undermine the society psychologically.

The chief of army staff also instructed all concerned entities to pre-empt and hunt down the elements active in spreading chaos and disorder in the metropolis.

General Raheel Sharif assured the people of Karachi on the occasion, and emphasised that the nexus of anti-social elements will be broken at all costs, with the ongoing operation taken to its logical conclusion.

Measures to build and increase capacity of law enforcement agencies were also discussed at the meeting.

The meeting at V Corps Headquarters was attended by the COAS, DG ISI, corps commander Karachi, national security adviser, federal interior minister and other senior government officials of Sindh.

As law enforcement agencies count successes in the ongoing operation against terrorists, banned outfits and militant wings of political and religious organisations, Karachiites have faced a sudden rise in street crimes, which has cost at least four lives during the first 10 days of Ramazan and raised fears for the days ahead.

Official data shows a sharp rise in cell phone and motorbike snatching in the first 10 days of holy month compared to crime rate during the corresponding period before Ramazan, indicating renewed activities of armed groups and individuals in the city despite ongoing Rangers-led operation.

Background: Karachi operation
The ‘operation’ against criminal elements in Pakistan’s commercial hub was initiated back in September 2013 after the federal cabinet empowered Rangers to lead a targeted advance with the support of police against criminals already identified by federal military and civilian agencies for their alleged involvement in targeted killings, kidnappings for ransom, extortion and terrorism in Karachi.

A high-level apex committee meeting chaired by the Chief of Army Staff Gen Raheel Sharif on May 14, 2015 decided to implement effective policing and surveillance in the "vast suburbs of Karachi", to prevent what the military spokesperson said were "sneaking terrorist attacks".

Amid resentment and criticism from certain political circles over the ‘Karachi operation’, the military establishment in August said that there would be no let-up in actions by law enforcement agencies “to ensure a peaceful and terror-free Karachi”.

Although terror-related incidents have decreased up to 60 per cent in the two years since the commencement of the Karachi operation, sleeper cells of terror outfits still exist in the metropolis and law enforcers have been making concerted efforts to eliminate the same, Karachi Police AIG Mushtaq Maher said in September last year.

The city police chief had said 3,000 hardcore criminals had been arrested, while 246 terrorists, 38 kidnappers and ten extortionists had been killed so far in police encounters.

Maher had said that car-snatching incidents reported in the city were the lowest in the past 15 years while motorcycle-snatching incidents were on the rise, which he said will be curtailed.

Rangers spokesman Colonel Amjad maintained that 913 terrorists including 550 target killers were nabbed while 15,400 illegal weapons were recovered from the custody of criminals operating within the city.

Karachi is 0.44% of total area of Pakistan. We are facing resistance in maintaining law and order there.

Amjad Sabri happened to be in Karachi but he would have been killed anywhere in Pakistan because TTP is present throughout the country. You can't have high level meeting in every city of the country.

We are mixing things here: 1. We need to bring law and order in the city which is local and administrative issue. 2. We need to deal with TTP which is national and ideological issue.

Current focus is on Karachi. But what is in the package for second point. Is there any ban on TTP supporting mullahs, is there plan to put breaks on spreading of this currupt ideology.

Govt. must appoint lecturers for friday sermons in mosques. I hope one day you ban their preaching missions.

My analysis from CCTV footage that the killers were highly trained assassin..they came with calm..took out their target and escaped without a sign in matter of second. Heck the were not even in hurry to speed their escape after executing their mission...and such trained assassins in Karachi are only present in MQM...

You haven't seen footages of attcks on GHQ, naval bases, police stations and others. TTP goons are no less trained assassins. They are your own people. You better know how skillful they are.

Dealing with enemy within is easy as much as difficult. It causes maximum damage but can be defeated when you recognize them completely who they are. Public involvement is vital and decisive in this regard.

I think we start sms service. When you see someone escaping after committing murder or other crime you send his appearance, dress and vehicle detail to city code which in return instantly sends to all the citizens present in the city. This way you'll be following the pointed person automatically till LEAs take their position to apprehend him.

Tablighi Jamaat works for Itmaam-e-Hujjat (complition of proof). Those who do not convert after that, are liable to die and their militant branch TTP is given free hand to kill all those deniers.

Their madrassas provide bridge between militant and tableeghi branches. This is how they work in a systematic way. We need to break their system.

I don't know where you coming up with this "Itmaam-e-Hujjat" thing. I know dozen of lads from very affluent families in Islamabad who spend some time with tableeghi and later shaved their beard and returned back to party life asusuall. They still go pray Juma in same tabligi masjid but non of them are getting butchered.

Systematically they will bulldoze whole Pakistan like Jannat ul Baqi. No sign of any other school of thought until we se 'khilafat' is established on Pakistan. We would keep wondering who did this.
Tablighis (deobandis) and Saudi (wahabi/sulfi aka Alh-e-hadith/Jamat-e-Islami in Pakistan) are two school of thought.

If you suggesting we ban/jail/kill anyone supporting tablighis than you are talking about wiping out 1/3 of Pakistani population, than you will suggest killing Ahle- Hadith cuz they also against peer faqir, now that another 1/3 of Pakistan population, now you will end up with Baravli only, few more stunts by Tahir-ul-Qdari and his Blasphemy killer followers, than you will demand to drop a nuke on Pakistan cuz no one left.

Last edited:
You haven't seen footages of attcks on GHQ, naval bases, police stations and others. TTP goons are no less trained assassins. They are your own people. You better know how skillful they are.

Dealing with enemy within is easy as much as difficult. It causes maximum damage but can be defeated when you recognize them completely who they are. Public involvement is vital and decisive in this regard.

I think we start sms service. When you see someone escaping after committing murder or other crime you send his appearance, dress and vehicle detail to city code which in return instantly sends to all the citizens present in the city. This way you'll be following the pointed person automatically till LEAs take their position to apprehend him.

Defeating TTP is no big deal if the geniune will is there but as it seems the sympathizer mullah are still freely roaming the cities and the media and zarb e azb is another begging bowl for US AID.

I don't know where you coming up with this "Itmaam-e-Hujjat" thing. I know dozen of lads from very affluent families in Islamabad who spend some time with tableeghi and later shaved their beard and returned back to party life asusuall. They still go pray Juma in same tabligi masjid but non of them are getting butchered.

Thanks to Operation Silence otherwise Lal Masjid goons would've reached your lad's party places. Still advise them to be careful, Operation Zarb e Azb is not finished. Some goons are still at large.

Your lads are in first phase of tableeghi process, in and out. In the end they'll fully convert or killed in some market place.

Tablighis (deobandis) and Saudi (wahabi/sulfi aka Alh-e-hadith/Jamat-e-Islami in Pakistan) are two school of thought.

If you suggesting we ban/jail/kill anyone supporting tablighis than you are talking about wiping out 1/3 of Pakistani population, than you will suggest killing Ahle- Hadith cuz they also against peer faqir, now that another 1/3 of Pakistan population, now you will end up with Baravli only, few more stunts by Tahir-ul-Qdari and his Blasphemy killer followers, than you will demand to drop a nuke on Pakistan cuz no one left.

There is a thread https://defence.pk/threads/in-pakistan-who-is-killing-whom.436096/ It says out of 60,000 people killed in Pakistan 0.6% are Ahmedi, lets say 0.4% are Christian, Hindu and Sikh. Who are 90%? They are Brelvi, majority is being persecuted. Still they won't pick up weapons. State of Pakistan will help them. If Deobandi don't live in peace they will be wiped out. They'll have to live in co existance.

But as far as i know Deobandi can't and won't live in co existance. They will continue their activities until taken care proactively.

So i am not asking to kill this ideology, they themselves demand it through their deeds.

Thanks to Operation Silence otherwise Lal Masjid goons would've reached your lad's party places. Still advise them to be careful, Operation Zarb e Azb is not finished. Some goons are still at large.

Your lads are in first phase of tableeghi process, in and out. In the end they'll fully convert or killed in some market place.

There is a thread https://defence.pk/threads/in-pakistan-who-is-killing-whom.436096/ It says out of 60,000 people killed in Pakistan 0.6% are Ahmedi, lets say 0.4% are Christian, Hindu and Sikh. Who are 90%? They are Brelvi, majority is being persecuted. Still they won't pick up weapons. State of Pakistan will help them. If Deobandi don't live in peace they will be wiped out. They'll have to live in co existance.

But as far as i know Deobandi can't and won't live in co existance. They will continue their activities until taken care proactively.
So i am not asking to kill this ideology, they themselves demand it through their deeds.

You issue is that you are spilling hate towards certain sect while are being biased for your own.For me terrorists a terrorist regardless of his allegiance.Your assertion against Tablighis are totally false. We already had a debate about this last years. Bralvism and peeri faqri was once dominant sect in Pakistan, specially in villages, but due to the education and millions of Pakistani expats in M.E countries, majority of Pakistani either moving towards Deobandi or Salafi (Ahle-hadith). Example of this is quite evident in media and sports. 30 years ago, Pindi/ Islamabad whole cities use to be brailvi dominant, now whole neighbourhoods have moved on from peeri faqeeri.

You issue is that you are spilling hate towards certain sect while are being biased for your own.For me terrorists a terrorist regardless of his allegiance.Your assertion against Tablighis are totally false. We already had a debate about this last years. Bralvism and peeri faqri was once dominant sect in Pakistan, specially in villages, but due to the education and millions of Pakistani expats in M.E countries, majority of Pakistani either moving towards Deobandi or Salafi (Ahle-hadith). Example of this is quite evident in media and sports. 30 years ago, Pindi/ Islamabad whole cities use to be brailvi dominant, now whole neighbourhoods have moved on from peeri faqeeri.

I have no problem with any sect as long as its people don't impose their beliefs on others and don't desecrate their holy places like shrines.

Tableeghi Jamaat has worked extensively. Now they are capitalising their work to give it a logical shape by gaining power and authoritative position. In which people do what they approve, if you disobey you will be tarnished.

Loss of 60,000 Pakistanis is enough to open one's eyes. If still you say we are against their ideology, its denial.

Do you know Quaid e Azam's mother took M.A. Jinnah to the shrine of Hassan Peer for his Aqiqa ceremony. Jinnah himself went to Dargah of Ajmer Sharif. We made Pakistan. And we have full trust and confidence in Pakistan. Everyone will live here freely. Those who cause obstruction, will be perished.

Tableeghi Jamaat has worked extensively. Now they are capitalising their work to give it a logical shape by gaining power and authoritative position. In which people do what they approve, if you disobey you will be tarnished.
Sound like another Yahoodi shazis to me.
a5caf0a77406d71d30bf49e6027b359213f3a897feefad4b3064207e9408f53e.jpg

Loss of 60,000 Pakistanis is enough to open one's eyes. If still you say we are against their ideology, its denial.
How does 60,000 relate to Tabligi jamat. They existed since 1927 and are in 213 countries. I think you are just scared of other sects taking over your sects truf.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablighi_Jamaat

Do you know Quaid e Azam's mother took M.A. Jinnah to the shrine of Hassan Peer for his Aqiqa ceremony. Jinnah himself went to Dargah of Ajmer Sharif. We made Pakistan. And we have full trust and confidence in Pakistan. Everyone will live here freely. Those who cause obstruction, will be perished.
I can only laugh at this, go search youtube, " Pakistan Zuljana ne banaya Allah ne nahi ". You are not alone. World is full of jokers.

How does 60,000 relate to Tabligi jamat. They existed since 1927 and are in 213 countries. I think you are just scared of other sects taking over your sects truf.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablighi_Jamaat

As i said i had no problem with other sects. But they will attack our religious gatherings, mehfil e milad and shrines.

Tableeghi Jamaat has apparently no link with militancy but it is source and catalyst of all the movement. See how their system works.

iyj48x.png

TTP will show second third and fourth strike capability if its supply line is not cut. We will have to go one step further deep to stop their menace.

As i said i had no problem with other sects. But they will attack our religious gatherings, mehfil e milad and shrines.

Tableeghi Jamaat has apparently no link with militancy but it is source and catalyst of all the movement. See how their system works.

iyj48x.png

TTP will show second third and fourth strike capability if its supply line is not cut. We will have to go one step further deep to stop their menace.
No one is targeting mehfil e milad gatherings. Some extremist did target shrine cuz they believe illiterate masses are being led into grave worshiping like sheeps by street Halwa/chanda molvis for quick money. TJ are doing exactly the opposite of extremist. They are going home to home to spread knowledge instead of blowing people up.

Back
Top Bottom