What's new

Fareed Zakaria: Let’s be honest, Islam has a problem right now

No Islam doesn't do it your talk is basically a white lie
Well every other organisation cry for it and all muslims population support for it.

SA provide fund to spread its version of islam , before 9/11 most of the funds came from SA .. Who tries to hide OBL?

Islam doesn't need any reform as I said before its the smartest and latest religion billions of Muslims follows not blindly and its the fastest growing religion why american mualim ladies wearing abaya or covering herself..cuz they know the soul of islam.. u read about islam to criticize it..
U need gudience or keep bashing u wont get anything rather than getting knowledge u will make enemies
If someone body put a gun on your head and ask to do , you will do it. Same with Islam , it was implemented by Force.... look what IS and Boko Haram is doing .... and no Muslims country was opposing in real sense.

When Muslims killing non-muslims in Sudan, No muslims ever said its wrong.......

Well every other organisation cry for it and all muslims population support for it.

SA provide fund to spread its version of islam , before 9/11 most of the funds came from SA .. Who tries to hide OBL?

If someone body put a gun on your head and ask to do , you will do it. Same with Islam , it was implemented by Force.... look what IS and Boko Haram is doing .... and no Muslims country was opposing in real sense.

When Muslims killing non-muslims in Sudan, No muslims ever said its wrong.......
This is total Bullcrap. Let me tell you why.
SA provide fund to spread its version of islam , before 9/11 most of the funds came from SA .
And guess who is SA's biggest ally? Who used SA as their base in the region? Who created the Taliban/Mujahideen? Who funded and supported the Syrian rebels who later turned into ISIS? The US of A. Does that mean there is a problem with the US's Christianity or Democracy? Of course not. It's their politics and foreign policy that are the problem. Same thing with Saudi Arabia.

If someone body put a gun on your head and ask to do , you will do it. Same with Islam , it was implemented by Force.... look what IS and Boko Haram is doing .... and no Muslims country was opposing in real sense
You can't force someone to BELIEVE in something. You can force people to DO things but you can't force them to BELIEVE in things. That's why the whole "Islam was implemented by force" argument is total bull. Almost every Muslim in the world believes in his version of Islam, nobody is forced to believe it.
look what IS and Boko Haram is doing .... and no Muslims country was opposing in real sense.
Seriously??
2014 military intervention against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Meet The Young British Muslims Rejecting ISIS With Their #NotInMyName Campaign
Muslim Leaders Worldwide Condemn ISIS | Global Research
BBC News - UK imams condemn Isis in online video

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...mn-Boko-Haram-s-abduction-of-schoolgirls.html
Saudi Arabia's top cleric says Nigeria's Boko Haram smears Islam| Reuters

Real sense? What kind of real sense do you want?
Boko Haram is being opposed by Nigeria, who are even conducting military operations. There you go, real, proper, concrete opposition.
When Muslims killing non-muslims in Sudan, No muslims ever said its wrong
Oh really?
I said it's wrong. My family said its wrong. My friends said its wrong. My barber said it was wrong. Every Muslim who is informed about the issue will tell you they think its wrong and that the Sudanese people are wrong to murder innocent people.

The bottom line is, NO, MUSLIMS DO NOT SUPPORT TERRORISTS. It's politics, not Islam's fault.

very other organisation cry for it and all muslims population support for it.

Why didnt all hindu become muslim after 900 years of muslim rule in Hindustan.
Read about islam rather than blindly follow ur fairytale stories.
Islam and who follows islam are Two different things.
If u look at abdul kalam is he terrorist.
There good and bad people everywhere like ur RSS.
Are we saying anything bad about Hinduism? ???

Obviously since you guys are expert in inventing the problems in other faith and overlook your own. One guy of your community has made an effort to draw your attention. You need to consider that seriously. Your overlooking the problem will have the same result as the ignoring the lethal disease. It is already too late. If you ignore it further, You shall reach a point of no return. Zakaria has rightly said that he wants to encourage “nominal Muslims who don’t take the faith seriously
Its just taunting this Is ur way to expand or dicuss matter..
What hinduism offerd to world how many people converting to it. U need reform not islam there many people who criticize everything u become one of them
I wonder if u criticize why were u born?
Be a solution rather than a dehati aurat.

My Muslims here- what if I was to proclaim that Allah is the only God and Mohammad is his messenger and call myself a Muslim. However, suppose I choose from the teachings of Islam and only practise those that I believe are suitable for me in the current age and context. So, for instance, suppose I pray five times a day and give charity but I also choose to eat pork, drink occasionally and do not object to women in my family wearing hot pants or tank tops.

1. Do I count as a Muslim?
2. Do I count as a good Muslim?
3. Does the answer to 2 matter?
4. Is it anyone else's business other than my own?
Rules are rules there are limits just like law of any civilized country
Either u believe or u dont.
And when u break law u will get punished. .there is nothing wrong with Islam but the people who are authorized to implement islam.
There always self assessment process when u start follow islam.
So it depend what do u want?
Islam is not just a religion is a way of life and process goes on till person lives.
Same like either u are engineer or doctor u cant be both.

Last edited:
Rules are rules there are limits just like law of any civilized country
Either u believe or u dont.
And when u break law u will get punished. .there is nothing wrong with Islam but the people who are authorized to implement islam.
There always self assessment process when u start follow islam.
So it depend what do u want?
Islam is not just a religion is a way of life and process goes on till person lives.
Same like either u are engineer or doctor u cant be both.

I agree every civilised society has rules and laws. The questions is, which matters are personal and should be left to individual choice? At what stage does the legislation of individual choices and behaviour degenerate into fanatical control?

As a Hindu, I would be extremely angry if India banned the consumption of beef or even if some Hindu group tried to dictate whether people could eat beef or not (which they do try to do from time to time). These superstitions/religious edicts usually emerge from practical social/economic considerations that were once relevant. The economic significance of the cow in ancient India led to society trying to prevent the killing of cows. As this became the prevalent practice, it found its way into Hinduism. Similarly, the Muslim ban on pork (inherited from Abrahamic times) was probably because it wasn't possible to raise pigs in sanitary conditions at that time. Society wanted to stop pork consumption to prevent disease and it found its way into Islam. None of this has anything to do with God or divine decree. Allah doesn't (or at least he shouldn't) care whether someone eats pork from a modern, clean farm.

The problem here is the literal interpretation of religion without paying heed to the social, economic and political context that the religion emerged in. Unfortunately, this literal interpretation seems to be most prevalent in modern day Muslims (indeed one's devotion is questioned if they deviate from that interpretation).

Islam doesn't need any reform as I said before its the smartest and latest religion billions of Muslims follows not blindly and its the fastest growing religion why american mualim ladies wearing abaya or covering herself..cuz they know the soul of islam.. u read about islam to criticize it..
U need gudience or keep bashing u wont get anything rather than getting knowledge u will make enemies
Islam doesn't mean NO change

It should be more the choice between having the right attitude , morality
instead of living like a very long time ago

many religions adapted to the society/modern world . it is not something to be afraid.
especially, my own belief, that it is insulting God or the prophet if you think that they are against any change

our human nature is an adaptation (we are from monkeys)
what matters is in our now "status" (our capabilities, our society) we keep with a good morality

tc

I agree every civilised society has rules and laws. The questions is, which matters are personal and should be left to individual choice? At what stage does the legislation of individual choices and behaviour degenerate into fanatical control?

As a Hindu, I would be extremely angry if India banned the consumption of beef or even if some Hindu group tried to dictate whether people could eat beef or not (which they do try to do from time to time). These superstitions/religious edicts usually emerge from practical social/economic considerations that were once relevant. The economic significance of the cow in ancient India led to society trying to prevent the killing of cows. As this became the prevalent practice, it found its way into Hinduism. Similarly, the Muslim ban on pork (inherited from Abrahamic times) was probably because it wasn't possible to raise pigs in sanitary conditions at that time. Society wanted to stop pork consumption to prevent disease and it found its way into Islam. None of this has anything to do with God or divine decree. Allah doesn't (or at least he shouldn't) care whether someone eats pork from a modern, clean farm.

The problem here is the literal interpretation of religion without paying heed to the social, economic and political context that the religion emerged in. Unfortunately, this literal interpretation seems to be most prevalent in modern day Muslims (indeed one's devotion is questioned if they deviate from that interpretation).
Those things banned are banned for ever pork is not allowed in Islam it is and will remain forbidden YES GOD has everything to decide what humans should eat and what not

Islam doesn't mean NO change

It should be more the choice between having the right attitude , morality
instead of living like a very long time ago

many religions adapted to the society/modern world . it is not something to be afraid.
especially, my own belief, that it is insulting God or the prophet if you think that they are against any change

our human nature is an adaptation (we are from monkeys)
what matters is in our now "status" (our capabilities, our society) we keep with a good morality

tc
Those things which they have forbidden will remain forbidden

People like Fareed Zakaria are the types who are apologetic about being Muslim. I know such types as I live here.

Islam has a problem that its followers, majority of them, are idiots. They dont know anything about Islam. Just being a Muslim in name is not enough. You have to know what Islam says. Only then, you will be able to represent it in foreign lands.

I give you my personal example.

I have long time friends here in Canada who are Canadian. One of them is my best buddy. As people would ask me questions about Islam, it forced me to read about it. I never felt the need to read about Islam as I was in Pakistan, a born Muslim and no one would ask me such fundamental questions.

I have never tried to preach Islam but knowing what Islam says, I m in a position to defend it.

So my friend who was closest to me and who asked me questions about Islam, had been so impressed by my conduct and the principle Islam taught me that he gradually stopped drinking, have extra marital affairs with women and now asking me to help him convert. This is a humbling compliment that I cant be grateful enough.

Crux of the matter is, if we represent our religion well, not that people wont ask us grudging questions that will put us in defence, but we will be able to better defend not being apologetic.

See the terrorist and their supporters see Terrorism everywhere. The people who have reduce their minority to 1/5 in 43 years is telling others terrorist. This is really funny. Join ISIS. Yours is a fit case.

We hear that Mossad has openning for zionazi pets as ISIS trainers! Mossad should be informed that the zionazi pets are busy training the TTP terrorists in Pakistan so they don't have the time to enact their dirty acts at the Mossad training camps in Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom