What's new

Farewell to Incredible India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistani rupee will hit the century very soon. Already created a record today.

Even if Pakistani Rupee hit a record low , it is still better than this :

How India failed to live up to its hype
Good Reads: How India failed to live up to its hype - CSMonitor.com

The Great Indian Hype Machine

Hype is a powerful thing. It prompts us to pick up “great” novels, download “earthshaking” albums, or buy shares in a company destined to “change the world.”

Hype is also used to sell countries like India as “emerging regional players” or “economic tigers,” and according to this week’s Economist magazine, India has failed to live up to its billing.

India's growth of only 6 percent, down from it's goal of 8 percent growth, shows India has failed “to live up to rising expectations,” says Jim O’Neill, the Goldman Sachs analyst who coined the term “BRIC” for the quartet of emerging nations Brazil, Russia, India, and China. And it’s a growth level that could prevent India from lifting more of its citizens out of poverty.

SEE ALSO: Who are the BRICS?

This week’s Economist magazine says that hype may have been the problem all along. India seems to have believed its own hype – that it was “destined for fast growth” – when, in fact, there was still a great deal of hard work to be done to loosen up governmental controls on the economy so that it could actually grow. Now that the economy has slowed down to 6 percent, foreign investors and Indian citizens alike are starting to lose faith.

India, unlike the other BRIC countries, is still desperately poor. One businessman and guru interviewed by your correspondent recently declared that "the next fifteen years will be India's worst since independence" and that there was a one-in-10 chance of a revolution. If India's economic miracle turns out to have been a mirage, it will not be so easy to dismiss that kind of talk as cranky.

Even if Pakistani Rupee hit a record low , it is still better than this :

How India failed to live up to its hype
Good Reads: How India failed to live up to its hype - CSMonitor.com

The Great Indian Hype Machine

Hype is a powerful thing. It prompts us to pick up “great” novels, download “earthshaking” albums, or buy shares in a company destined to “change the world.”

Hype is also used to sell countries like India as “emerging regional players” or “economic tigers,” and according to this week’s Economist magazine, India has failed to live up to its billing.

India's growth of only 6 percent, down from it's goal of 8 percent growth, shows India has failed “to live up to rising expectations,” says Jim O’Neill, the Goldman Sachs analyst who coined the term “BRIC” for the quartet of emerging nations Brazil, Russia, India, and China. And it’s a growth level that could prevent India from lifting more of its citizens out of poverty.

SEE ALSO: Who are the BRICS?

This week’s Economist magazine says that hype may have been the problem all along. India seems to have believed its own hype – that it was “destined for fast growth” – when, in fact, there was still a great deal of hard work to be done to loosen up governmental controls on the economy so that it could actually grow. Now that the economy has slowed down to 6 percent, foreign investors and Indian citizens alike are starting to lose faith.

India, unlike the other BRIC countries, is still desperately poor. One businessman and guru interviewed by your correspondent recently declared that "the next fifteen years will be India's worst since independence" and that there was a one-in-10 chance of a revolution. If India's economic miracle turns out to have been a mirage, it will not be so easy to dismiss that kind of talk as cranky.

what is Pakistan GDP growth rate and total hours of loadshedding. :rofl:

i dont get why pakistanis are so gleeful.

are u aware, your fertility rate exceeds your GDP growth rate?

This one had me in splits :rofl:

Actually even worse, Pakistan Population growth rate is only a tad below the adjusted GDP growth. If the GDP growth rate actuall comes lower than Population growth rate (2%), Pakistan's per Capita GDP will go into recession...

facts and figures???? oh i see...it is fact and true because it is against India...... If it is against china or pakistan...... all are lies and not credible source.....

Can you read or you guys can't just help trolling?

CD posted links from reputable websites to prove his point

Saw the ads for Incredible India and my family and I cannot wait to get to India, my daughters are already in love and my son is just over the moon. For all it's problems India is still marching forward, with hope, the people of India are open about the problems they and their country face and are not afraid to speak about it, India has problems but every country on Earth has problems, India will get there in its own way and time.

Check this link about before you take your family to India- Shame: Delhi still India?s rape capital - Times Of India

Even though you have a deep-seeded hatred for Muslims & Pakistan I wish you and your family the best of luck back in "Incredible" India

LOL! All i see here is a bunch desperate non-Indians trying get one up on India. Any economy has it's highs and lows, and the longer the highs stay, the longer the lows will too. It's just the way the economy works. All I see here are people using this natural curve to fool themselves that India is not a threat. Keep believing in that. We Indians have faith in our country, and are willing to work for its development, in the end that will lead us to our target. Please continue this senseless debate, it certainly is most entertaining.

Aqcm3AdCIAEX5IZ.jpg:large

AtgZODeCEAII3Mw.jpg:large

Slide-1.JPG

Slide-2.JPG

Slide-3.JPG

Slide-4.JPG

Slide-5.JPG

Slide-6.JPG

collapse of a rouge bharmin India will bring peace and stability in Asia, and will permanently end state sponsor terrorism in the
region.

collapse of a rouge bharmin India will bring peace and stability in Asia, and will permanently end state sponsor terrorism in the
region.

It is not your problem...it is your education....Cant you read the Post#16.....before trolling

LOL, even The Economist makes fun of the phrase Incredible India. :P

LOL, even The Economist makes fun of the phrase Incredible India. :P

Are you aware of the origins of the phrase "Incredible India"?

India was Incredible, is Incredible and will stay Incredible for generations to come... if you find the origin of the phrase i.e....
now go "baidu" it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom