What's new

Fatima Jinnah stood firm against dictatorship, says prime minister

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Sunday paid tribute to Madr-e-Millat Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah on her 56th death anniversary, saying she was a benefactor of the nation and had been a source of courage for Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

According to a press release issued by the PM Office’s media wing, the prime minister said, “Despite her senility, she stood firm against dictatorship and played a historic role for the nation, democracy and the country.”

He was referring to the role she played against Gen Ayub’s regime while playing an active role in the opposition and challenging him in the presidential election.

Shehbaz said Fatima Jinnah also played an unprecedented role during Pakistan Movement and for the motherland and offered sacrifices. Her personality was still a beacon of light for the young ladies and women of the country, he added.

The entire nation paid tribute to her contributions and would always stand indebted to her services, the prime minister noted. as he prayed for the high ranks of the departed soul.

Fatima Jinnah, born on July 30, 1893, was honoured with the title of Madar-e-Millat (Mother of the Nation) due to her dynamic role in the Pakistan Freedom Movement. She worked side by side with her brother and gathered the women of sub-continent on one platform which made the struggle for achieving a separate state of Muslims easier.

After the independence in 1947, Fatima Jinnah formed the Women’s Relief Committee, which later formed the nucleus for the All Pakistan Women’s Association (APWA). She also played a significant role in the settlement of migrants in the new state of Pakistan.

Even after the accomplishment of mission for separate homeland, she continued to thrive for the betterment of the new-born country and returned to the political forefront to contest the 1964 elections at the age of 71 against Ayub.

She died on July 9, 1967 due to heart attack and was buried beside her brother’s grave in his impressive mausoleum in Karachi. Her funeral prayers were attended by nearly half a million people in Karachi.

Masses still hold her in high esteem for her thoughts towards much-cherished dream of strong democratic norms and culture in the country established through the power of votes.

She was also a good dentist...
Imagine her being Prez of Pakistan..

65 would not have happened..
Bengalis would have been assimilated and 71 would not have happened.

All is mistake of Iskander Mirza..

She was also a good dentist...
Imagine her being Prez of Pakistan..

65 would not have happened..
Bengalis would have been assimilated and 71 would not have happened.

All is mistake of Iskander Mirza..
Wrong

Ayub had strong political support from
Military and elite
They took bengalis as sub humans

West Pakistani from Punjab elite/settled areaa hated bengalis too

It's not as simple as what you state

Lady Fatima was a giant woman amongst average men. Only her brother Mohammad outshone her. Her most remarkable feat is that she brought reality to the world of myths and superstition. A woman of few words as her actions did the talk for her.

Lady Fatima was a giant woman amongst average men. Only her brother Mohammad outshone her. Her most remarkable feat is that she brought reality to the world of myths and superstition. A woman of few words as her actions did the talk for her.
Most of people considered her and her close friends as traitors
How can she be called "great" when her close friends like bacha Khan and mujeeb were branded as traitors and kept in jail for 90% of their life.

Pakistanis are confused

Either call Jinnah great and accept your mistake of imprisonment bacha Khan and mujeeb

Or call her traitor

You cant have it both ways

How can she be called "great" when her close friends like bacha Khan and mujeeb were branded as traitors and kept in jail for 90% of their life.

Pakistanis are confused

Either call Jinnah great and accept your mistake of imprisonment bacha Khan and mujeeb

Or call her traitor

Are you serious man ??

Bacha khan is a diff issue ..

But imagine a family.. Jinnah family. Leaving all their lucrative possessions in a hostile country they know they will never go back to..

And they would perform treason with the same host country ?? Why

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Sunday paid tribute to Madr-e-Millat Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah on her 56th death anniversary, saying she was a benefactor of the nation and had been a source of courage for Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

According to a press release issued by the PM Office’s media wing, the prime minister said, “Despite her senility, she stood firm against dictatorship and played a historic role for the nation, democracy and the country.”

He was referring to the role she played against Gen Ayub’s regime while playing an active role in the opposition and challenging him in the presidential election.

Shehbaz said Fatima Jinnah also played an unprecedented role during Pakistan Movement and for the motherland and offered sacrifices. Her personality was still a beacon of light for the young ladies and women of the country, he added.

The entire nation paid tribute to her contributions and would always stand indebted to her services, the prime minister noted. as he prayed for the high ranks of the departed soul.

Fatima Jinnah, born on July 30, 1893, was honoured with the title of Madar-e-Millat (Mother of the Nation) due to her dynamic role in the Pakistan Freedom Movement. She worked side by side with her brother and gathered the women of sub-continent on one platform which made the struggle for achieving a separate state of Muslims easier.

After the independence in 1947, Fatima Jinnah formed the Women’s Relief Committee, which later formed the nucleus for the All Pakistan Women’s Association (APWA). She also played a significant role in the settlement of migrants in the new state of Pakistan.

Even after the accomplishment of mission for separate homeland, she continued to thrive for the betterment of the new-born country and returned to the political forefront to contest the 1964 elections at the age of 71 against Ayub.

She died on July 9, 1967 due to heart attack and was buried beside her brother’s grave in his impressive mausoleum in Karachi. Her funeral prayers were attended by nearly half a million people in Karachi.

Masses still hold her in high esteem for her thoughts towards much-cherished dream of strong democratic norms and culture in the country established through the power of votes.
And the esteemed PM did not look himself in the mirror to see the wolves around him who are the instigators and traitors.

yes...brother Nawj embarced military DICKtators

1688996720981.png

Bacha Khan was a bum kissed of hindu’s and an namak harmi like the Afghans. He showed his loyalty when he died and was buried in Afghanistan

Pakistanis are confused
Or call her traitor

'Most of the people'? How can you say that? Fatima Jinnah gave a tough fight to Ayub Khan in the 1964 elections and she was indeed revered in both East and West Pakistan by tens of millions. I don't know why she lost to Ayub but perhaps it was a legit elections by Pakistan's standards with Ayub having the advantages of being in power and had stabilized Pakistan after the utter chaos of the 1950s. This forum may not like me saying but I consider Ayub Khan to be the greatest leader of Pakistan since Jinnah: If today Pakistan even exists, it was because of him!

As for Mujeeb and Bacha Khan: They were too ethnic oriented. Way too much to the point of secession not long after the formation of Pakistan. Far beyond the next most ethnic-oriented people, who are the Balochs. Mujeeb's 'Six Points' were a declaration of independence which no country would ever accept. So glad the East Pakistanis got away--they wanted it and I say best-luck to them; I wished it happened peacefully. The marriage between the East and West Pakistan should not even have happened--there is no 'B' in 'Pakistan', well, unless Arabic is your mother-tongue ;)

'Most of the people'? How can you say that? Fatima Jinnah gave a tough fight to Ayub Khan in the 1964 elections and she was indeed revered in both East and West Pakistan by tens of millions. I don't know why she lost to Ayub but perhaps it was a legit elections by Pakistan's standards with Ayub having the advantages of being in power and had stabilized Pakistan after the utter chaos of the 1950s. This forum may not like me saying but I consider Ayub Khan to be the greatest leader of Pakistan since Jinnah: If today Pakistan even exists, it was because of him!

As for Mujeeb and Bacha Khan: They were too ethnic oriented. Way too much to the point of secession not long after the formation of Pakistan. Far beyond the next most ethnic-oriented people, who are the Balochs. Mujeeb's 'Six Points' were a declaration of independence which no country would ever accept. So glad the East Pakistanis got away--they wanted it and I say best-luck to them; I wished it happened peacefully. The marriage between the East and West Pakistan should not even have happened--there is no 'B' in 'Pakistan', well, unless Arabic is your mother-tongue ;)
Thanks for pointing out what I am saying

That's exactly what people were saying in 1964 that ayub Khan was greatest leader of the country and saved the country

People weren't saying that his incredible growth was due to inherent advantage Pakistan had Incase of raw material or joining cento

It was because of ayub Khan ! And hence why basic democracy candidates were able to vote Jinnah out. Surely ayub didn't had majority but he had the elite majority with him (judges military beaucrats of central Punjab)

We have shunned our pluerality while India embraced it..look where we are now.

Anyway I highly disagree with ayub Khan giving up three rivers without a fight (when that's all what India asked for ) and not acting on Kashmir when Chinese asked them for help during sino chia war
(Well documented report in shahab nama for example)

Thanks for pointing out what I am saying

That's exactly what people were saying in 1964 that ayub Khan was greatest leader of the country and saved the country

People weren't saying that his incredible growth was due to inherent advantage Pakistan had Incase of raw material or joining cento

It was because of ayub Khan ! And hence why basic democracy candidates were able to vote Jinnah out. Surely ayub didn't had majority but he had the elite majority with him (judges military beaucrats of central Punjab)

We have shunned our pluerality while India embraced it..look where we are now.

Anyway I highly disagree with ayub Khan giving up three rivers without a fight (when that's all what India asked for ) and not acting on Kashmir when Chinese asked them for help during sino chia war
(Well documented report in shahab nama for example)

Nah. Much was given to Pakistani leadership after Ayub but Ayub made the best use of the resources given to Pakistan by Pakistan's foreign backers while his successors largely squandered them. Wealth got concentrated? Well, before him where was even any wealth?? He even did at least some land-reforms. He stabilized Pakistan: The Pakistan after Rana Liaqat death and 1958 was a very fragile, fractious country with numerous mortal challenges but by 1969--when Ayub left--Pakistan had much agriculture and industry. And the remnants of Ayub's legacy still sustain Pakistan. And please don't bring up East Pakistan: That was going to happen and evidence was already there in 1948.
There is a reason on the now silent Pakistaniat.com website, which had more 'mature' Pakistanis, Ayub was rated as the greatest of all Pakistani leaders!! And that too decades after Ayub passed away.
But we are all of course free to have our own opinions. Carry on with your's as I will carry on me with mine. Ayub's era was way before my time but I have heard from my elders--who, BTW, voted for Fatima Jinnah, that Ayub's era was the greatest.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom