What's new

Fatwa issued against 'Surya Namaskar'

Surya Namaskars are a fantastic exercise which can provide very profound benefits, especially if you understand the deeper breathing and Pranic principles.

However if someone wants to boycott them for whatever reason, its their business.

what about going to sufi shrines ?

Going there... No problem. I disagree with the notion prayers need to be asked of them. I have been to a few and offered prayers for them (like better afterlife) since they are people who did good things in the world.

Countless opinions exist where asking prayers of them is considered wrong as well.

You don't bow to anyone except in prayer to Allah. Sun is inanimate, non-living, saying Hi to the sun is illogical anyway.

Its sun worship - the Muslims who don't do it, would be in the right.

If u don't abt something better ask others. Usually people won't worship the Sun at the time of exercise(except the initial gestures) , the main goal is to perform surya namashkar infront of the sunlight that's it. Morning sunlight is gud for eyes ,bones etc.

If u don't abt something better ask others. Usually people won't worship the Sun at the time of exercise(except the initial gestures) , the main goal is to perform surya namashkar infront of the sunlight that's it.

Why not calling exercising in the Sun. Namaskar implies acknowledgment of some entity. Bowing to it, implies worshipping.

Islam is strict, we don't bow and touch feet of our parents either.

don't bother...i asked this question dozen times in that thread and no one answered...and this time too you will not get an answer....is beef eating is compulsory in islam..many arabs wouldnt be muslims...

Banning beef is a theocratic Hindu decision and tears to shreds all pretenses of secularism that India ever had. India has put actual Hindu law into effect by the Beef ban.

Why not calling exercising in the Sun. Namaskar implies acknowledgment of some entity. Bowing to it, implies worshipping.

Islam is strict, we don't bow and touch feet of our parents either.

are muslims so insecure/islam so fragile that you people are afraid of mere names..? surya namaskar or whatever it is is just intaking the early morning sun rays when its at an angle (UV rays are minimum and vitamin D is at its maximum)....

Banning beef is a theocratic Hindu decision and tears to shreds all pretenses of secularism that India ever had. India has put actual Hindu law into effect by the Beef ban.

again im asking you...and this time answer me straight...is beef eating mandated in islam...? if not how is banning it anti-islam..?

secondly we have muslim personal law board with islamic laws for muslims in india..so does that make us an islamic republic...i hope you recognoze the shrill ness and shallowness of your claims...

but the decision is not against islam,so where does islam come into picture,nowhere in quran is it written eat only beef

In India Muslims also got huge subsidy for Hajj to Mecca-Medina. Madarsa Darool Uloom Deoband had issued a Fatwa that Muslims should refrain from Sacrificing Cow during Bakrid instead go for Goat, Sheep or Camel. Deobandis form majority in India and you can understand. Banning beef consumption is not like Ordinance XX or Your faulty Blasphemy law, slaughtering cow often Create tensions in India and both Hindus and Muslims know this fact.

if they dont want to do it then leave them i mean democracy right if the entire exercise has any part of sun worshiping then no it should not be followed muslims can do the baba ramchand or whatever( dont know his name ););) breath in and out stuff :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom