What's new

Fazl ready to reset ties with 'establishment’ to fix flaws in system

Clever folk! Must have understood RAW/CIA/MOSAD etc. are no longer guarantees of the head over the neck....

As for the proxy traitor Mafias in politics, business, bureaucracy, judiciary, media etc. it’s the time to panic! 9-11 is approaching fast.....

"Scholar"???... You called halva puri Diesel a "Scholar".... What exactly is your definition of scholar???... I'm perplexed...

Well bro, he has studied Islam at al-Azhar etc... So it's likely he does fit the qualification requirement for a Muslim scholar.

Doesn't mean I agree with him, I barely know the guy, but qualification wise, yeh he seems to be a scholar.

Well bro, he has studied Islam at al-Azhar etc... So it's likely he does fit the qualification requirement for a Muslim scholar.

Doesn't mean I agree with him, I barely know the guy, but qualification wise, yeh he seems to be a scholar.

Going to university doesn't equate not a scholar or scholarship.

1622552677953.png

My father always said education doesn’t give common sense — you can have an educated person, but he could be the most rotten. Had education been equivalent to common sense we wouldn’t have any problems in this world.

Laanat on him and laanat on establishment if it still is playing games.

How is resetting ties with establishment translates to this?

It's a good development for Pakistan.

Having the Armed Forces in this constant melodrama with political parties across the country was taxing on their reputation, the institution and society in general.

JUI-F, like the PML-N, should be working with the Armed Forces for the benefit of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Just look at another post I put up of where former Foreign Secretary Shamshad Ahmad tells the story of how the government and armed forces worked together to make Pakistan a nuclear power:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/tcm-...with-foreign-secretary-shamshad-ahmad.712949/

It's not necessarily the political parties that are an issue rather certain individuals within them the same is true for the Armed Forces.

Nawaz Sharif's biggest flaw is that he doesn't admit to his flaws even after being exposed. The fact that a former cricket playing gigalo could become PM should be indicative of Pakistan's forgiving and overly accepting nature. If Nawaz Sharif admits to his faults, asks for forgiveness, accepts his punishments and seeks to change for the better I'm pretty confident the people would accept that as they did in the case of Veena Malik.

This is particularly true now that the PML-N and JUI-F have broken ranks with the PPP and ANP.

I think at this point Mawlana Fazl ur Rahman is probably doing more harm to his cause than good. It's probably better for him to just retire from politics. When scholars involve themselves in dirty political games, it has a negative effect on the deen.

I've also been of the same opinion though I think that Nawaz and Maryam Sharif need to resign as well.

Their reputations are increasingly being damaged the longer they remain in power and instead what they should do is seek to spend their retirement repairing their legacy.

Fix this rotten outdated political, Judicial, government system. Bring in technocratic people instead of the corrupt elite. InshaAllah within 20 years Pakistan destiny will change.

The government can change but long term policy must reflect Pakistan vision and ideology.

My father always said education doesn’t give common sense — you can have an educated person, but he could be the most rotten. Had education been equivalent to common sense we wouldn’t have any problems in this world.

Pakistan has never disallowed a technocratic government. If Khan wants he could have easily replaced dimwits like Fawad Chaudhary and Sheikh Rasheed and run technocrats as MP's.

Why didn't he?

You could say our legal system is filled with technocrats but do you think they're all working in the interests of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and its people?

Our government is setup such that ministries are lead by elected representatives of the people who then provide direction and goals based on the electorates desires to experts whose job is to achieve them.

The problem isn't the government system rather the people that are allowed to form the government in the first place and proceed to rig elections, arrest and ban opposition parties because of foreign pressure or frivolous grounds, etc...

Pakistan's constitution already makes it clear:

62. Qualifications for membership of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament

d. He is of good character and is not commonly known as one who violates Islamic Injunctions;​
e. He has adequate knowledge of Islamic teachings and practices obligatory duties prescribed by Islam as well as abstains from major sins;​
f. He is sagacious, righteous, non-profligate, honest and ameen, there being no declaration to the contrary by a court of law; and​
g. He has not, after the establishment of Pakistan, worked against the integrity of the country or opposed the ideology of Pakistan.​

A good Muslim who doesn't violate Islamic injunctions and is seen as righteous, honest and ameen by the peoples with no declarations against them by the legal system will always work in the best interests of the Islamic Republic and its people in line with our national ideology.

What's unfortunate is that you have a political system where no one adheres to those stipulations, the public don't seem to care either because they're so poor they're more concerned about getting through another day while the judiciary is filled with the dishonest and corrupt.

Ridiculous, or stop projects of previous government because you want to make your mark.

I would say the problem may be the exact opposite.

Nawaz Sharif initiated the neo-liberalization of our economy back in the mid 90s and Musharraf followed suit even going one step further with the FTA to China while neither the PPP nor the PTI have reversed course on any of it.

What I personally always thought would be better is for every political party running for government to formulate a mandatory 5 year plan which outline the top issues they believe the country faces and how they'll address them with exact methods and budgetary requirements along with expected end goals based on data. Afterwards they would sign their plans and present it to the public for critical review and the plan the public likes best they can vote for.

Last edited:
I've also been of the same opinion though I think that Nawaz and Maryam Sharif need to resign as well.

Their reputations are increasingly being damaged the longer they remain in power and instead what they should do is seek to spend their retirement repairing their legacy.
I get you.
Nawaz is at the age where he should really start worrying about the next life and repent for any wrong. Whereas his daughter is not fit to rule anyway. People shouldn't really chase power, it's just a corrupting thing.

I get you.
Nawaz is at the age where he should really start worrying about the next life and repent for any wrong. Whereas his daughter is not fit to rule anyway. People shouldn't really chase power, it's just a corrupting thing.
True.

Fazl ready to reset ties with 'establishment’ to fix flaws in system

PML-N and PPP have been asked to make up for the loss caused by their differences, says PDM chief

Rizwan Ghilzai
May 25, 2021

jui f chief fazlur rehman photo inp file

JUI-F chief Fazlur Rehman.

ISLAMABAD: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, while softening his anti-establishment rhetoric, has offered an olive branch to the latter to rectify shortcomings in the system.

“Reconciliation or resistance with the establishment is not our aim. Everyone must work within their constitutional limits,” Fazl said while addressing a press conference following his party central executive committee meeting held in Islamabad on Tuesday.

The JUI-F chief said the establishment is bound by the oath that they would not meddle in political matters. “If we are bound to do politics under oath, then they [establishment] are bound not to do politics under same oath.”

Fazl said that state affairs are not only run by politicians alone but the establishment and the bureaucracy are also part of the decision-making process. “I am in favour of dialogue with the establishment to rectify the current shortcomings,” he remarked.

Speaking about the recently-held by-elections in the country, the JUI-F chief said election results made it clear that what happens when the establishment does not intervene in the electoral process.

Commenting on claims of a senior Pentagon official that Pakistan had allowed the US military to use the country’s airspace to support its presence in Afghanistan, Fazl said it is against the national interest to allow any foreign country to "use our land and airspace".

“Use of our land and airspace against anyone should not be allowed,” he emphasised.

A day earlier, the Foreign Office issued a clarification saying that there was no US military or airbase in Pakistan; nor was any such proposal envisaged. “Any speculation on this account was baseless and irresponsible and should be avoided,” FO Spokesperson Zahid Hafiz Chaudhri said.

Fazl told the media that the opposition alliance — the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) headed by him — meeting will be convened on May 29 and vowed to revive the anti-government alliance with “full strength”.

A consensus strategy will be formulated out after consultation with all parties, he added.

Speaking about the rift between two major parties of the PDM — PML-N and PPPFazl said both the parties had been told to sort out their differences. “The PPP leadership is not yet mature enough to follow the protocol of politicians.”

Serious differences emerged between the parties after the PPP appointed its stalwart Yusuf Raza Gilani as Senate’s opposition leader, apparently in violation of what had earlier been agreed upon in a PDM meeting.

Both the Awami National Party (ANP) and the PPP parted ways with the alliance last month.

He also lashed out at the PTI-led government saying that the incumbent rulers came into power through “fraud and backdoor”.

The JUI-F chief said the ruling party has destroyed the country’s economy and a “mountain of inflation” has made the lives of masses miserable.

You are the flaw, and currently you are on ignore list. Soon you will be fixed. Kindly have patience.

this proxy method of personal attack is nothing new and these trolls have no place on any other forum, where they don't have friends.

Use report button, don't quote or respond so the team will take care as I am not always around. Also, make sure to not to commit same wrong that you are complaining about. Your proxy method for attacking the forum has to stop. Treat it as a final warning.

Back
Top Bottom