What's new

FBR publishes stats on market tax filers: Karachi tops list with Rs30billion, Lahore Rs560million

Syed1.

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
FBR publishes statistics on market tax filers

KARACHI (Dunya News) – The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has published statistics on market tax filers on Wednesday, according to which in Karachi markets around 85000 have been registered as filers at Tariq Road, Goli Mar, DHA, Gulistan Johar and Clifton.

The tax collection from these registered filers is around Rs30 billion. Of this, 18744 are big taxpayers who paid Rs29.94 billion.

Similarly, in Lahore markets around 3925 have been registered as filers at Anarkali, Mall road, Hafiz centre and liberty. The tax collection from these registered filers is around Rs560 million. Of this, 466 are big taxpayers paid Rs530 million.

In Faisalabad markets, around 2266 have been enumerated as filers at Kutchri, Rail Bazar, Anarkali and Chinot. The tax collection from these filers is around Rs140 million, out of which Rs125 million were paid by big taxpayers who are 170 in number.

In Islamabad markets, around 6428 have been recorded as filers at Supermarket, blue area, Jinnah super and F10 Markaz. Tax collection from these registered filers is around Rs 1.93 billion out of which Rs1.68 million were paid by big taxpayers, 2065 in number.

Meanwhile, in in Rawalpindi markets, around 6580 have been recorded as filers at Commercial Market, Saddar, Raja Bazar, Murree road. Tax collection from these registered filers is around Rs1.09 billion out of which Rs1.02 billion were paid by big taxpayers, 1061 in number.

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Business/516511-FBR-publishes-statistics-on-market-tax-filers

I was actually born in Lahore and when I used to go back it astonished me how people did nothing until like noon.
They need a few slaps across the face and a lesson in work ethics.

It's such a shame that a small city like Islamabad pays more TAX than Lahore, which has 10 times more population.
Now people should understand why PMLN always gets elected from Central Punjab no matter what, cause they don't bother them with anything.

The whole Budget of Punjab is spent on Lahore but when it comes to Tax paying, they won't pay a penny.
Faisalabad isn't much behind in Tax evasion either.

F this lahoreee people, one of the biggest cheaters in Pakistan, im fully aware of their business culture absolutely disgusting people !!!!!

I was actually born in Lahore and when I used to go back it astonished me how people did nothing until like noon.
They need a few slaps across the face and a lesson in work ethics.
They can do as they like, they just need to pay their taxes because the number of shops, business activity and malls it all doesn't add up to what they are actually adding in Economy.
One thing that is very clear is that if you can blackmail the GOVT you can get all the perks and end things on your terms. This is what happen today when FBR cut the deal with business community. When the time will come to fill the gap in numbers they committed to IMF, I wouldn't be surprised if they put more burden on the dumb salaried middle class.

Back
Top Bottom