What's new

FC Commandant Siffat Ghayoor Martyred in Peshawar Blast

he did not wanted the extra security measures for himself. He had with his disposal everything, bullet / bomb proof vehicles, could have used a security motorcade, while coming out of office, could have blocked the traffic, could have crossed the chowk even with red light, he did not used dark sheets on the cars windows to hide his face etc etc etc.

But he was that sort of a guy who wanted no extra security steps even though he was advised many many times to make his security strong.

Even when he was CCPO Peshawar, he used to travel in one jeep sitting at the front.

So now just guess what kind of a person he was compared to the ones who are not even that much important but still driving with security measures as if they are the head of states.

This reminds me of someone....Oh yes Lt. Gen Mushtaq Ahmed Baig

Brother in law of Shair pao

Grand son of abdur rab nishtar.

from a famous kakar family

Cousin of of awais ghani

His father was ambassador.

Still no bullet proof car for him.

he himself was against such an arrangement......he opted against having one

So the TTP admits to killing him. As near as I can tell, the TTP always thinks about consequences. Could they have known in advance who would likely succeed S.G. as FC Commandant?

So the TTP admits to killing him. As near as I can tell, the TTP always thinks about consequences. Could they have known in advance who would likely succeed S.G. as FC Commandant?

I don't think so. Not possible.

Px05-051.jpg

we all salute the fallen martyr....

God bless him, his family and loved ones.

Former DG FIA and current Secretary Anti-Narcotics Divsion, IGP Tariq Khosa wrote this as a letter to the editor in The News today.

Every police officer of the Police Service of Pakistan is shocked at the murder of Sifwat Ghayyur. All his friends and admirers, including this writer, had this premonition, for he was a compulsive risk-taker and a daredevil. The word fear was not in his vocabulary. He was a natural leader, fearless in pursuit of criminals and terrorists. I remember him as an outspoken, no-nonsense professional. He never minced words and was forthright, even blunt, in putting across his viewpoint. Often he was misunderstood because of his candid views. Even those who did not agree with him admired his courage and sincerity of purpose. He was every inch a soldier, leading from the front, and never shy of admitting mistakes. He cared for his subordinates and believed in team work. DIG Ghayyur was and will remain a role model for young police officers.

Tariq Khosa
Police Service of Pakistan

RIP to fallen hero, does Pakistan help the family enough?

another account, found in letters to the editor section of Dawn online

SAFWAT Ghayyur personified vigour, courage, and boldness. A born leader, he would attract the respect of his juniors by sheer dint of his character’s strength, which was amply demonstrated in the way he commanded his service-men during assignments held by him, recently, in the tragedy-hit Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Always at the front, he would not shy away from the extreme danger that underlay each perilous operation he was required to undertake. A death-defying man, he was a kind, compassionate and humble person, loved by his friends and his colleagues — senior and junior alike.

Five months spent with him in the National Management College (Staff College) Lahore, in the summer of 2008, provided me and 49 other participants of the course to see Safwat closely. In the stressful college environment he would maintain his poise.

A keen jogger, he would greet his friends with a welcoming smile while cleaning and washing his private car, alongside the college’s jogging track. He would not let any college staff help him, nor accept the help offered as a courteous gesture by his colleagues from Lahore. Nothing would deter his gentlemanly conduct.

His friends mourn his death and surely, so do the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and this country. They have buried a noble and proud son of their soil. May God bless his soul!

KHALID MAHMOOD
Karachi

5-22-2009_42614_l.gif

RIP

Sitara-e-Shujaat for slain FC chief

Staff Report

PESHAWAR: Interior Minister Rehman Malik announced award of Sitara-e-Shujaat for slain Frontier Constabulary (FC) chief Sifwat Ghayoor on Thursday.

Talking to media persons at the Peshawar Airport, Malik said Ghayoor laid down his life while combating militancy and set an example of great courage for the security forces. Calling the terrorists ‘paid assassins’, Malik said, they cannot demoralise our forces through such cowardly acts. He said the number of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police force would be increased.

Malik said that the terrorists have shifted their strategy and are now targeting senior officers and prominent personalities to demoralise the nation but the government will continue its fight against them. The interior minister visited the house of slain FC commandant and condoled with the bereaved family. He announced plots for Ghayoor’s children on behalf of the federal government. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ameer Haider Khan Hoti paid rich tribute to Ghayoor, saying, “He performed his duties with courage and valour and was a brave officer”.

I hope the nation is going to create more great leaders similiar to or more better than we lost in the battle aginst the evil Powerz...:sniper:
:pakistan::pdf:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom