What's new

Fearing IS, Afghan Shias seek help from Taliban

the parsiwans so called shia intellectuals sitting outside Afghanistan are trying to provide ISIS an excuse to fill the void, by trying to portray Afghan internal wars as shia Vs sunni.

This is dangerous and if Iran joined the notion well it will be bigger disaster

Not to mention that the Taliban were once "this-close" toward going to war with Iran.

The void can be political, security, economic or social.

ISIS is a class of its own. They do what they want, and when they want. An enterprising opportunist. They don't care what other say. They see any void in an unstable Muslim-majority country, they eat it.

You meant to say that Taliban is not a religious motivated group but a ethnic motivated group using the name of Islam to gain regional Muslim support and serving their ethnic group in Afghanistan. what i understand is that its your personal assumption. If ISIS exist in Afghanistan then its their government responsibility to protect their citizens or Taliban's responsibility , and Taliban is not a community , its a terror group creating motivation for terror groups all around the world to start rebellion against their country. Is it digestible for afghans that shia joining hands with their state enemy and Pakistanis supporting that alliance?

Ever heard of competition in a market economy? That's exactly what all these Jihadists groups are doing.

I personally dont have problem if the militants and armed ppl kill each other directly, as a matter of fact they will do us a huge favour by eliminating each other. The container killing was one ruthless group killed another, and it was mainly done by the sunnis against sunnis.

Afghanistan's shia-sunni problem is nowhere near in places like Iraq, but to suggest it doesnt exist is not accurate. Hazaras have always been directly targeted and prosecuted in hundreds of years just because they were shias. Just look why you have shia population in Balouchistan and it will tell you more.

It does exist but it is also a fact that Afghan problems and wars were not based on sectarianism.

It does exist but it is also a fact that Afghan problems and wars were not based on sectarianism.
As i said, its not as big as it is in Iraq, but big enough to keep us apart.

Tell me what our problems and wars are?

You meant to say that Taliban is not a religious motivated group but a ethnic motivated group using the name of Islam to gain regional Muslim support and serving their ethnic group in Afghanistan. what i understand is that its your personal assumption. If ISIS exist in Afghanistan then its their government responsibility to protect their citizens or Taliban's responsibility , and Taliban is not a community , its a terror group creating motivation for terror groups all around the world to start rebellion against their country. Is it digestible for afghans that shia joining hands with their state enemy and Pakistanis supporting that alliance?

Taliban is just a player like others in this game. The war is subject which never was a sectarian . It is another matter that all these players are using one excuse or other to continue the war.

Loki has explained it in a better way.

2. Afghan Taliban are not state enemy given a scenario where they had to side either with their state or Pakistan, they will support their own country own state of Afghanistan.

4. assuming mine or Samandari's or any other member's view is representing entire Pakistan or Pakistanis is flawed in itself but again i would say we are merely appreciating both groups of Afghanistan joining hands against ISIS.

You ahmedi bhaiyaas can cry all you want.

I'm sure now I will get banned due to the ahmedi mod jungibaaz. And afterwards by ahemdi members like jaanbaaz and pakistan exile.

I just want to say that people like you are the cancer of Islam and Pakistan.

Now I know why Luffy hates Pakis.

I think I do too now.

You Still here .. Should be banned by now ! Any way I have done my bit its upto the mods now btw How good You molvi lovers are I don't have to say a thing the world knows your kind well now ..

As i said, its not as big as it is in Iraq, but big enough to keep us apart.

You can tell better about your people but i personally feel it was not big enough few decades back.

Tell me what our problems and wars are?

Ours is result of our own follies and lack of checks and balances. the monster got bigger and bigger

That’s the classic case of “jump from the fire (ISIS) into the frying pan (Taliban)”.

Taliban are hard-core anti-Shia. I feel sorry for the shia’s, they are fooling themselves.

Here are a few examples:

When the Taliban terrorists were ruling Afghanistan, anti-Shia Zarqawi known as butcher of Baghdad, Sipah-e-Sahaba and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi all had their own terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.

“Mullah Niazi was appointed Governor of Mazar e sharif and within hours of taking the city, Taliban mullahs were proclaiming from the city's mosques that the city's Shia had three choices -- convert to Sunni Islam, leave for Shia Iran or die. All prayer services conducted by the Shia in mosques were banned.” (Source: Taliban by Ahmad Rashid, page 74)

The Hazaras are not Muslims and now we have to kill Hazaras. You either accept to be Muslims or leave Afghanistan. Wherever you go we will catch you. If you go up we will pull you down by your feet; if you hide below, we will pull you up by your hair' Niazi declared from Mazar's central mosque.'

Sipah-e-Sahaba and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi fought alongside the Taliban and were involved in brutally killing Iranian diplomats in Mazar e sharif.

Okay. Do you think its good for they are asking for help from Taliban? I mean Taliban did kill a lot of Shias. Or is it a choice between lesser evil and bigger evil?

I think we should give Hazaras the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are getting themselves into, perhaps they feel the ground reality is no longer the same as it may have been in the 90s.

I think we should give Hazaras the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are getting themselves into, perhaps they feel the ground reality is no longer the same as it may have been in the 90s.

They should really be relying on Afghan Army for protection as someone else pointed out in this thread. Never a good idea to rely on any sort of terrorist group or militia.

They should really be relying on Afghan Army for protection as someone else pointed out in this thread. Never a good idea to rely on any sort of terrorist group or militia.

I think this also goes to show that the army over there is not yet ready or else they probably would have went to them instead.

I think this also goes to show that the army over there is not yet ready or else they probably would have went to them instead.

The ones who have a bit of money will try to immigrate to Australia.

In 90s , every ethnic group or political force of Afghanistan is guilty of brutal atrocities. Read about the role of Uzbek Warlord , Pahlawan, in creating animosity between Taliban and Hazaras.

1.png

2.png

The Pashtun Question: The Unresolved Key to the Future of Pakistan and ... - Abubakar Siddique - Google Books

In 90s , every ethnic group or political force of Afghanistan is guilty of brutal atrocities. Read about the role of Uzbek Warlord , Pahlawan, in creating animosity between Taliban and Hazaras.

View attachment 207216
View attachment 207217
The Pashtun Question: The Unresolved Key to the Future of Pakistan and ... - Abubakar Siddique - Google Books
Samandri, thank you for introducing me to a great Pashtun author/journalist.

I was reading the book from the link you provided. So far what I’ve read I’d say it’s an excellent book, no lies, conspiracies and useless propaganda.

Can’t wait to read the whole book, it will be part of my library very soon.

Back
Top Bottom